Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If we make a sequel should I let humans make steel in it?

Yes.
- 16 (80%)
No.
- 4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 53

Author Topic: Bridgedstreams: Human Fortress - (Players needed!)  (Read 98519 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Bridgedstreams: Human Fortress
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2013, 05:10:15 pm »

Oh right, dead civ... Then the mayor can lead the council yes? Seems like it'd work out, since we seem to have few rulers available.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2013, 06:04:25 pm »

Oh right, dead civ... Then the mayor can lead the council yes? Seems like it'd work out, since we seem to have few rulers available.
So does the mayor become a monarch now? :P
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2013, 06:05:59 pm »

....Actually if we wanna get technical yes. And elected monarch.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2013, 06:15:15 pm »

....Actually if we wanna get technical yes. And elected monarch.

We could always let a tart give out a free sword and announce one of us is king... But then everyone would shout the photo I put before...

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Tarqiup Inua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2013, 05:52:57 am »

Whomever pulls the upright adamantine sword from the rock becomes the ruler - is it going to be that sort of story?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 05:54:41 am by Tarqiup Inua »
Nuri al-Gnat - dwarven apidologist
notable works: al-Gnat's test (for determining the child snatcher's ability to pass undetected while getting stung by bees... or at least look human while at it)

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2013, 07:16:55 am »

This sounds interesting. PTW, and to get dorfed/hummanized.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2013, 09:03:11 am »

Whomever pulls the upright adamantine sword from the rock becomes the ruler - is it going to be that sort of story?

YES!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2013, 09:52:22 am »

If we find one of those places then it'll be the first time I've seen one. I do like the idea of finding Dorfscalibur though.

It has been several months since my last entry in this journal. It is now mid-summer and we have made a great deal of progress on shaping the land to suit our needs.

Shortly after we arrived our mason began muttering about 'artistic vision' and 'grand designs' and scrawling plans on a piece of paper. When I asked him what he was doing he told me he was planning our future tavern. I was rather shocked when he told me he planned to build it over the waterfall to take advantage of 'the dramatic panorama and the calming effects of water falling'. I fear he may be insane.

I owe the mason an apology, he and our carpenter have labored day and night and I must say even in it's early stages the building shows promise.

Our future tavern:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They've built a room below the main level that conforms to the natural flow of the cliff edges which lies open to the waterfall. I have to admit that the gentle spray of water and the mist that billows into the room is quite relaxing. I suggested to Splint that we train down there to help us keep cool during the exertion of sparring. Several of the others have started to go down there to relax and talk to one another.

Our meeting hall:

Highmax has been spending a great deal of time at the sawmill churning out planks for our carpenter. Apparently the mason suggested he start constructing a wooden palisade around the edges of our prospective town until a stone wall can be built.

Our tavern is furnished now. It is so very nice to be able to sit and eat in peace, with no sound but the murmur of conversation and the roar of the waterfall.

The dining room:

We have yet to finish building walls to keep the beasts at bay and have not even begun the construction of homes, but I can still say we have done more than any human for a hundred years has dared to do. Our progress has attracted a few individuals out of the wilds. A weaver who claims to have some medical experience, and whom I have asked to be our physician, a man claiming a wide skillset who I have requested be our smith, and a most strange individual who introduced himself as Fishybang and immediately set off to the riverbank.

Highmax has managed to become a legendary woodcutter by making umpteen wood planks, we have the basics of our central building done and I've started on walls. We only got three migrants so far but we have another wave to expect and I'll try to make some expensive stuff by the time it arrives to boost the numbers we get. Sadly our only female cat managed to fall down the waterfall and is now trapped, though alive. I may need to rescue her before too long. Splint and I are training with our bronze spears but I brought some hematite on embark so we should be able to improve on that before long.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2013, 09:55:55 am »

Yet another good update! I'd say the town is making wonderful progress.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2013, 09:57:45 am »

Yay! Legendary status! Fear my axe skillz! 8)

In all seriousness, how's the huts/bedrooms looking?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2013, 09:58:43 am »

We don't have any yet if I read the update right.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2013, 10:03:44 am »

So everyone is homeless? Well then... CARPENTER! Get working! :P

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2013, 10:10:52 am »

We only have the one carpenter and we've run out of granite, so I need to set up a mine and get some boulders up to the surface. I also need to start making rock mugs and smelting the hematite I brought with us to make better weapons to boost the forts value so we get a bigger wave of migrants the second time.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2013, 10:16:14 am »

Won't be too big since the hard coded ones aren't usually so large. After the first year though, you'll get bombarded by waves on any size. I had 30 show up once... Wasn't fun

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2013, 10:21:47 am »

Won't be too big since the hard coded ones aren't usually so large. After the first year though, you'll get bombarded by waves on any size. I had 30 show up once... Wasn't fun

Pretty sure I got a huge wave of 50 or so arrive once when I was just getting the hang of things and had started churning our rock crafts early on. Needless to say I wasn't prepared for that many and we lost some over the winter to frozen water and low booze.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 53