Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If we make a sequel should I let humans make steel in it?

Yes.
- 16 (80%)
No.
- 4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 53

Author Topic: Bridgedstreams: Human Fortress - (Players needed!)  (Read 98517 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Bridgedstreams: Human Fortress
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2013, 06:27:09 pm »

They won't really abide by burrows half the time. I'm more worried about the kids of the lumberjacks.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2013, 06:30:14 pm »

I find that as long as everything they need is in the burrow they tend to stay put, we can throw up some traps to snag snatchers if need be though.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2013, 06:36:39 pm »

Wow I missed that update. Derp. Also I'm going to go ahead and swap those morningstars for copper (or better, iron) ones if possible. Morningstars rely on piercing damage, not blunt trauma.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2013, 06:41:16 pm »

That explains why they didn't do a whole lot to the buzzards.

EDIT: I've checked and Highmax's bug affects any squad he's in, it's not an insurmountable problem if he wants to fight but it's a bit of a nuisance. Maybe he could represent a civilian leader?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 06:45:49 pm by Grim Portent »
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2013, 06:49:54 pm »

I can deal with the irritant. Anyways, I'll grab the save and get on it later tonight. Busy dealing with the Pandashi in a masterwork for right now.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2013, 06:57:20 pm »

Just a quick note to help with orientation when you get time to take a glance at the fort

North section of the town is currently a pasture/housing area

Southwest is our farming and industries with our mine in the bottom left corner of it.

Southeast is in need of fortifying and isn't being used for anything yet, though I think we could use it for more housing or move the farms to it.

Catacombs are directly beneath the tavern as is the hospital and meeting room/training room.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2013, 07:24:19 pm »

The first year, and the carpenter is already dead. Ouch. But we must press on! Humankind will rise again, especially because we're taller than everybody else!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2013, 07:41:26 pm »

We got a jeweler with carpentry skills in a migrant wave and I drafted the mason and Highmax into carpentry as well since we were in the middle of making houses when the carpenter succumbed to his infection so we're still able to build, did mean our population is 19 rather than 20, which is enough to make the difference between being attacked by beakwolves and being ignored.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2013, 11:40:00 am »

Since we had 20 once upon a time we may still be attackable. Fell asleep before I got the save, but I have it now. Expect an update later today/tonight.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2013, 02:12:22 pm »

Question, is the river supposed to be dammed up? Nevermind, I see how/why it got plugged to begin with. Now to open it up.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2013, 02:13:58 pm »

Make a statue/slab per kid, then set it up in a protected area/room and assign each one a statue/slab.  The kids go enjoy their statues/slabs during their free time and then just eat and sleep the rest.  I like to make slabs out of slate and pretend they're chalkboards.  I Call it "Homeschool".
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2013, 03:33:51 pm »

-This is a capybara leather bound book. It is bound to a copper carry-chain. Inside the cover are the words "Property of Splint Loafsteed" in human. Much of the writing up to 1st Granite of 193 mirrors a great deal of previous leadership logs. There are several crude drawings of buzzards and humans fighting on some pages.-

1st Granite, 193

Grim says leading the settlement is starting to put some undue stress on him. I can understand that, and I've taken the helm for the time being. We have a lot of bricks laying around, so I've tasked the masons with putting up some of the walls and start on some towers, as well as building a small bridge to lower the risk of accidental deaths in the river. I've also asked around and told our metalsmith to swap out the silver morningstars our macemen have for at the very least copper ones. Silver may hold a good edge for a brief time but just beating on those damned birds has already blunted them from what I can tell.

I also got the ok from Grim to have a food cellar dug out so our provisions aren't out in the open anymore and we have somewhere to retreat to if things get bad, as well as getting the rest of that tetrahedrite (I think that's what the miner said that stuff's called) vein mined and brought topside. Once he finishes his break that is.

3rd Granite, 193

Hathur isn't doing so well. For some reason our physician isn't checking on him and getting him treatment for reasons I can't fathom. He appears to have healed up well without so much as a scar from what I can tell, but something else is wrong with him. He's tried twice to get up only to fall flat on his face.

I've requested some gauntlets and boots be forged from copper as well. We have enough materials to pad the interiors of them and if the likes of beak wolves, stranglers, or gods forbid, werewolves, show themselves, we'll need the protection from thier fangs and beaks.

15th Granite, 193

Hello there journal. It's been near three weeks, two, something to that effect, since I last touched you. Someone tried to throw a party. After much protests against breaking it up I finally flipped a table and threatened to beat the two trying to get the party going within an inch of their lives, and that seems to have motivated them to get back to work. Hathur still hasn't improved and Highmax even tried to flip him out of his bed to no avail.

All he did was tell Highmax to "Go fuck yourself and leave (him) be." He then called him an elf for some odd reason so I'm starting to think someone gave him a bucket of wine rather than water earlier.

20th Granite, 193

One of the yaks gave birth today, and after having a small stone bridge built to avoid any unforseen accidents, I've asked the others to build a metal foundry so we can relocate our furnaces. I've also sent a lumberjack to take down some trees. It turns out we've already depleted our charcoal reserves, and we can't exactly make armor and weapons without that unless magma decides to start gushing from the ground. The maybe the ancient texts Eri found in the wagon would be of some use. They seem to contain magma metallurgy schematics, but none of us knows what in the hell the books containing them says as none of us speaks dwarven.

There's our first update. I'll post some pictures at the end. So far I have built a small stone bridge (I had to savescum once because both Highmax and myself were swept into the river and drowned because they kept fording it instead of going through the tavern,) and a foundry to house our furnaces. Once we have some more ryholite bricks I'll be able to expand it to accomodate a glass furnace and kiln as well.

Our clerk is also in bad shape. It says he's exhausted but why I can't tell. Did he suffer some kind of brain damage?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2013, 03:50:22 pm »

Nice update Splint.  :)

I don't remember anything happening to the clerk, though I can't be certain as I didn't pay him much attention, either something has fallen on him and hurt him at some point or a buzzard attacked him and he has an infected wound, or maybe something bruised his lung perhaps. I more or less ignored the injuries people sustained when buzzards attacked since I couldn't do a whole lot about them other than get people out of the way while the damn things were around. Hopefully the physician will take a minute to look the clerk over and we'll know what's up.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2013, 04:01:33 pm »

Ok, this is too awesome NOT to sign up for. Put me on that list for turns, I changed my mind
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2013, 04:14:17 pm »

It says his head is dented and he's not resting so the doc can't help him. So a buzzard may have done something but I dunno what's causing the 'exhausted" status. That's pretty much a combat only ailment.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 53