Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If we make a sequel should I let humans make steel in it?

Yes.
- 16 (80%)
No.
- 4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 53

Author Topic: Bridgedstreams: Human Fortress - (Players needed!)  (Read 98541 times)

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
Re: Bridgedstreams: Human Fortress - Babies, battles and buzzards!
« Reply #630 on: December 04, 2013, 10:42:41 pm »

Good to see more little maniacs running around. Not sure what we can do about the migrants and housing though, the time it takes to make a house is a bit limiting compared to digging out a fort.

I can dig out some space right beneath our existing houses that I'd end up putting stone walls/flooring in, if it's alright with you.  That way we at least have some semblance of order (shit's not growing everywhere) and we have somewhere to store all of these migrants.  It's up to you guys though, if you want me to keep us above-ground for now, that's more than easy enough.

EDIT: In other news, Crundles kill the shit outta buzzards when the buzzards try attacking them for some reason.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 10:47:56 pm by Karkov »

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 04, 2013, 10:44:23 pm »

Real world humans have occasionally lived in underground rooms so I'm fine with it. Dig out a corridor and some cells or something beneath the main housing area.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 04, 2013, 10:53:56 pm »

BUILD ANOTHA TOWN! 8)
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: December 04, 2013, 10:59:47 pm »

Here, have a random thing revolving around the migrants. Not great but I never professed to be a great author.

While scrambling through the dust and wreckage of the capital, you spy numerous posters that appear relatively recent... A map... but to where? You trace the path leading from the capital to a place where three rivers meet... Now you understand what those scavengers were doing, banging bells and drawing attention; it was so people would see this map, see where to go...

See where men could begin anew.

You take one of the posters down and stuff it into your ratty old buzzard leather backpack and rush back to the camp deeper in the city ruins, and the sentry mistakes your haste for danger, but seeing the map, and seeing the date (as smudged by weather as it was,) hurries along with you, and explains the significance.

Soon, your camp has scattered, not to the winds in fear, but to spread word to slaves and survivors, bandits and adventurers, refugees and even the children of criminals, who weren't in the homeland when the capital was overrun. You and your kin go spreading a simple message and giving maps.

"Go to where the three rivers meet, go to Bridgedstreams; we shall hide no longer, for our kin have built a mighty bastion, and they need us."

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 04, 2013, 11:05:59 pm »

Journal of Karkov:

I was eating my breakfast this morning in the tavern when three people ran up to me at the same time.  I couldn't really understand what they were saying, but it seems that Lesno was the main focus of it.

I designated some of the area beneath our houses now to be mined out for future rooms, I'll have to get them furnished, but at least we can expand somewhere.

There's more to this below and above it.

It's finally summer, and our miner's have been hard at work, we've already found three deposits of hematite which they're mining now.  It's looking to be a prosperous year.

Lesno's finished that thing those messengers were yelling at me about, a rather magnificent crown made entirely out of wood.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 11:24:23 pm by Karkov »

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: December 04, 2013, 11:33:21 pm »

Journal of Karkov (scribbled hastily):

Uh oh.

At first, when I heard of the strange beast in the caverns, I thought it was a sign of the end-tim-

CAN WE NOT GET A BREAK?!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 11:38:51 pm by Karkov »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 04, 2013, 11:37:03 pm »

The forgotten beast speaks:
*in a high pitched, excited human tone* KILL KILL MAIM HATE MURDER MANGLE MUTILATE!!!!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 04, 2013, 11:37:57 pm »

Hrmm. I wonder what kind of syndrome it has. Make a copy and see if it's safe to engage for reals. We we all dissolve or something then.... I think we may have to sacrifice a person to distract it while we seal the mine.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: December 04, 2013, 11:40:45 pm »

Hrmm. I wonder what kind of syndrome it has. Make a copy and see if it's safe to engage for reals. We we all dissolve or something then.... I think we may have to sacrifice a person to distract it while we seal the mine.

Unless I seal the entrance to the place proper, we're going to have to deal with this one way or another.  It's flying so it just hops over my tiny wall that I have to block out the olms and elk birds.  I'm hoping it just kind of wanders off, I'm quick saving now to go send the underground squad at it.  They're horribly under-equipped and pretty useless, so it's going to be interesting.

EDIT:  The werefox is chasing around a trader that got stuck at the edge of the map.  Good to see they're still afraid for their lives. 

DOUBLE EDIT:  The werefox is gone, turning into a white tigerwoman on it's way out.  And I breached the third set of caverns, I was reeeeeaally hoping I could hit the magma sea instead.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 11:44:05 pm by Karkov »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: December 04, 2013, 11:41:13 pm »

Bwahahahahahahahaha a werefox too!  This is going to be !!FUN!!.  or rather, fun, it's not !!FUN!! if it isn't dwarfs.  Just like science and !!SCIENCE!! are different.

The only way to make this more fun would be a necromancer siege.  On top of all of this.  After the FB escapes the caverns.

Free-for-all, anyone?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: December 04, 2013, 11:44:10 pm »

Never had a chance to armor them properly but the cavern watch will have to make up with speed what they'll surely lack in staying power.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 04, 2013, 11:46:24 pm »

Bwahahahahahahahaha a werefox too!  This is going to be !!FUN!!.  or rather, fun, it's not !!FUN!! if it isn't dwarfs.  Just like science and !!SCIENCE!! are different.

The only way to make this more fun would be a necromancer siege.  On top of all of this.  After the FB escapes the caverns.

Free-for-all, anyone?
Let the Furies come next. Jotun aren't apparent here so I can't say them
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 04, 2013, 11:51:00 pm »

So the fight with the Forgotten Beast has been going on for 12 pages.  It's nearly dead, and just pushed a recruit in the head.  To his death.  Thankfully the axeman and the corporal of the group seem to be doing just fine.  I don't know if we can get past it's damned shell though.  I'll update when the Armok-forsaken thing is dead.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: December 04, 2013, 11:52:09 pm »

NOOOO! We've lost a nameless redshirt!  :P
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 04, 2013, 11:55:09 pm »

Bound to happen eventually. but just because we a have a more or less steady flow of desperate refugees seeking asylum and to lend a hand where they can, doesn't mean Ecem McRedshirt won't be mourned. I chose Ecem because one human settlement I had oddly had that as a very common name. Everyone was probably on last name basis only for convenience.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 53