Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If we make a sequel should I let humans make steel in it?

Yes.
- 16 (80%)
No.
- 4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 53

Author Topic: Bridgedstreams: Human Fortress - (Players needed!)  (Read 98491 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Bridgedstreams: Human Fortress
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2013, 09:12:11 am »

I never figured this out, but is it possible to dual wield war-axes? I never figured that out. If you could, could you do a sword/axe style and just butcher people Viking style? If we could do that, then throw that on me and watch the hilarity as I crush the goblins!  8)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 09:14:10 am by highmax28 »
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2013, 09:16:21 am »

A short/lonsword and a battle axe yes, a great axe hell no. Too big.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2013, 10:45:12 am »

If I was a Jotun then that'd probably be no problem xD

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2013, 11:11:25 am »

Aren't they so fuck-all huge the using two humans for bludgeons wouldn't be a challenge?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2013, 11:19:18 am »

Aren't they so fuck-all huge the using two humans for bludgeons wouldn't be a challenge?
I think using two dragons is more accurate. They're 9,000,000,000 in size. I've never seen anything so large

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2013, 12:31:33 pm »

Im in right?  Or did you forget about me.  If you did just go to the first page to see what i wanted.

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten you, I just haven't gotten any fishermen yet and I didn't really have enough points at embark to spend on one since we needed to get an army going and get some walls up quickly. I'll play through to the migrant waves tomorrow and get you a character named.

I saw a question about embark size, I went for a standard 4x4. The waterfall I've settled near is at the top end of the map. The landscape slopes away when you go to the edges of the map so I'm planning to try and use that in the defenses.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2013, 12:35:15 pm »

Alright, cool thanks!
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2013, 02:12:59 pm »

Im in right?  Or did you forget about me.  If you did just go to the first page to see what i wanted.

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten you, I just haven't gotten any fishermen yet and I didn't really have enough points at embark to spend on one since we needed to get an army going and get some walls up quickly. I'll play through to the migrant waves tomorrow and get you a character named.

I saw a question about embark size, I went for a standard 4x4. The waterfall I've settled near is at the top end of the map. The landscape slopes away when you go to the edges of the map so I'm planning to try and use that in the defenses.

Tactics? Military strategies? Wow, we're already living like humans! Dwarves just go martial trance and don't care about strategy!

Dwarvinator

• Bay Watcher
  • ...grumbles only mildly at inclement weather...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2013, 02:36:01 pm »

Hoping there's also going to be plenty of enemy ethnic civs as neighbours - humans are gregarious, so I'm told...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2013, 02:48:38 pm »

Hoping there's also going to be plenty of enemy ethnic civs as neighbours - humans are gregarious, so I'm told...

I don't know what that means, but Humans are disgusting in one way; they can breed with elves...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2013, 02:51:33 pm »

Hmm. Is it against the rules to want to have some underground areas along the riverbank? Namely it appears there's a couple z's worth of space just begging to be made into fancy housing with windows to the river...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2013, 02:57:04 pm »

Do we have sand? Then make windows for all the buildings! We're above ground right? Why not have it? And can we have little huts that mark our "bedrooms"? I'd like mine close to the gates so I can spring into action if I sleep or go on break. And make a huge ass keep out of stone in the middle/back and have everything built around it. And only nobles and "knights" will live there. But do this after we become a barony or county

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2013, 03:35:25 pm »

Could always sort of switch this up into a ruling council sort of thing with whoever gets named Baron/baroness at the head and just cycle around the council.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2013, 03:39:18 pm »

Or we become a commune like they did in monty python

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2013, 04:33:23 pm »

I'm not sure if we'll get a baron or not, we don't have a living monarch to appoint one so we may be stuck with a mayor instead.

Some underground stuff is fine, I plan to build a panic room into the river cliffs myself and we'll have to store food and the like underground to save on space anyway. My first priority right now is building walls and a tavern though. Everyone should feel free to take some liberties with design when they're in charge.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 53