Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If we make a sequel should I let humans make steel in it?

Yes.
- 16 (80%)
No.
- 4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 53

Author Topic: Bridgedstreams: Human Fortress - (Players needed!)  (Read 98563 times)

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Bridgedstreams: Human Fortress
« Reply #150 on: October 13, 2013, 09:49:44 pm »

Actually all five of our soldiers already have their own accommodations, as does highmax as head wood worker and Squidgen since he made all our weapons.

sweet, i like the image of that it seems very human

Actually, all the Humans I see in adventure mode are all crammed into tiny houses, and if they are lucky have a single bed between them. Being important=better rooms seems more dwarven to me.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 13, 2013, 11:05:38 pm »

Well, you have something the rest of us lack: A cabinet and a chest. Does that count?

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 13, 2013, 11:09:36 pm »

in the actual game true but the lords have huge castles in contrast, its bigger houses too in this case instead of rooms

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 13, 2013, 11:13:31 pm »

in the actual game true but the lords have huge castles in contrast, its bigger houses too in this case instead of rooms

He also has the biggest house due to having two floors and a workshop. So at present I think Squidgen is the unofficial ruler if importance is based upon the size of one's house with humans.

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 13, 2013, 11:17:45 pm »

Lol, he can act all fancy in the mess hall

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 15, 2013, 06:51:48 am »

22nd Sandstone, 193

Hathur found some rather fetching gemstones today. Rose Quartz if memory serves. Bet they'd look nice in a silver goblet's rim.

6th Timber, 193

Ipan's of the opinion he's a mace lord now. Excellent! Let the hordes of beak wolves come, we'll see them gutted with spiky things!

11th Timber, 193

We're finally getting those gauntlets and boots made. The first three sets will go to our macemen, since I imagine they'll be our first responders. Grim and I can get the next patch. A cat gave birth to some kittens in the barracks today too. Honestly, they're handy but I hat the annoying little furballs with all my heart because the little buggers insist on getting in under our feet while we try to spar because a mouse or a roach was near us.

16th Timber, 193

Osplek has become skilled enough to properly match Ipan and Eri and as such is now considered a mace lord too! I actually kind of want something to attack us now, just to see what they can do to things larger than birds.

23rd Timber, 193

Well it seems my underground foos storage was a good idea once more! The buzzards are back, likey to pilfer fish and berries from our fields and fishery and one fley into the tavern where it was promptly de-winged and beaten to death by Ipan. Speaking of which, I'm putting in an order for enough planks to finish the three huts and roof the second floor of the tavern. We need someplace a little more homely for those without thier own dwellings to sleep besides that dreary excuse of a hospital.

27th TImber, 193

Two more of those stupid birds tried to get into the food cellar. Osplek and I each downed one with a sing swing! Maybe the rest of their flock will learn better from the deaths of their kin.

28th TImber, 193

One of the miners, Ab I think his (or was it her?) name, spotted a thief today. And dispatched it with great prejudice. We found the poor wretch in a puddle of his own blood, its body having been cleaved in half, both lower legs and the arm on the side ripped off, and Ab standing angrily over it. Evidently Ab was a little upset by this, but the kobold swung on him/her first.

Medi got one too this evening. He caught the little bastard skulking around our weapons (which we really need to move,) and broke the thing's arms, legs, and neck before choking it to death.

6th Moonstone, 193

Almost got everyone mostly armored. Since we're short on iron we're all making due with some copper greaves. Against those damnable beak wolves it'll  be better than nothing at least.

20th Obsidian, 193

Keeping tabs on things now that all the essentials are done has become a chore. We've officially finished the foundry and the towers now have firing ports. We even have a small shooting range established! Radir, Tikes, Fodientum, and Fishybang now have thier own homes (though Fishybang's doesn't have a door or a chest, though that should be dealt with by the end of the month,) We're all armored up even if it is mostly copper, and the Tavern is properly finished. We do have a bit of a drink supply issue hopwever so I sent the others out to chop trees for barrels since we're dangerously low on timber again.

I wonder who I can talk into running this place for a time... After all, as a Spearmaster administration is less my job than poking things with a spear.

28th Obsidian, 193

Tikes and Squidgen decided to throw a new years party and since we're safe... Well, I decided to let them throw it. THe main avenues of attack are all nicely blocked by a strong palisade and winter doesn't last long enough for anyone to really use the river for the very brief freeze in late Moonstone and Opal. Not without us turning them into meaty chunks anyway. Regardless, with the training I intend to do with Grim, I don't have the time to keep my eye on every little thing anymore. I think I'll use the party as a chance to get one of the others to agree to do it while they're shitfaced...

So yeah. Not much has changed other than the above list. The majority of the time I  spent for this final update was pretty much just building with two dead 'bolds being the high point of it all. Oh, and all five of our soldiers are weaponmasters now. We had a minor fluid shortage as well, but we should have enough to get us to the thaw and a little extra. Now we can socialize!

Here's the save. Get it fast so I won't have to reupload it (DFFD is being an uppity bitch for me for some reason.) I'm actually very disappointed in how uneventful things are. My own dead civ game is still scraping bits of goblin and dark strangler off of the front lawn.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 15, 2013, 06:59:29 am »

I expect things will pick up when we start seeing babies getting churned out. We lack the people to trigger enemies but all that means is that we get to spend longer building wealth before they attack meaning we'll get bigger waves.

I think it's Dwarvinators turn now.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 15, 2013, 07:26:53 am »

My scedule has cleared up a bit, so I'll sign up for the overseer list.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 15, 2013, 04:12:00 pm »

I've sent Dwarvinator a message telling him he has three days to start his turn. If he doesn't or he sends me a message withdrawing from his turn then we roll on to Highmax.

I also took a look at the save, our military is a rather beastly little quintet. Two spearmasters and three macelords, all with iron weapons and some armour. We're going to knock the teeth out of our enemies. For now anyway.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 15, 2013, 04:25:11 pm »

Only enemies with proper weaponry will be a threat, by which I mean with something able to punch through copper until we have a means of acquiring more iron. Beak and warwolves won't be able to bit through it but the latter will be able to break bones through the gauntlets and boots.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 15, 2013, 04:40:22 pm »

Only enemies with proper weaponry will be a threat, by which I mean with something able to punch through copper until we have a means of acquiring more iron. Beak and warwolves won't be able to bit through it but the latter will be able to break bones through the gauntlets and boots.

Wait, back up...

We got werewolves!?

... I nominate myself to gain the curse of the wolf 8)
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 15, 2013, 04:42:36 pm »

Wait, back up...

We got werewolves!?

... I nominate myself to gain the curse of the wolf 8)

They aren't that kind of werewolf. They don't transfer a werebeast curse; they're just big, mean, and the leaders  come with proper gear to face you.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 15, 2013, 04:55:23 pm »

I've been poking through legends mode again and apparently I copied the fortress defense RAWs in wrong. We have several races I had no intention of putting in in the game. Furies for example. Rather puzzled by that as I could swear I left the actual folder they came in in my downloads folder and just copied what I wanted across.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 15, 2013, 05:50:42 pm »

I've been poking through legends mode again and apparently I copied the fortress defense RAWs in wrong. We have several races I had no intention of putting in in the game. Furies for example. Rather puzzled by that as I could swear I left the actual folder they came in in my downloads folder and just copied what I wanted across.
Please tell me the Jotun aren't in there... I don't want to take a turn to have the Jotun show up and throw fireballs at us...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 15, 2013, 05:57:38 pm »

I didn't see any in legends mode. Minotaurossi, Pandashi, Furies, White Tigermen, Kobolds and Beakwolves are the ones in the world. The Pandashi are on a separate continent though.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 53