Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If we make a sequel should I let humans make steel in it?

Yes.
- 16 (80%)
No.
- 4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 53

Author Topic: Bridgedstreams: Human Fortress - (Players needed!)  (Read 98562 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bridgedstreams: Human Fortress
« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2013, 05:43:45 pm »

I doubt we'll get knights unless we start a second town when this dies and gen a new world where we have nobles to appoint knights. No nobles means no knights sadly.  :( But we can always name our best soldiers knights and put them in a squad together.

Though I would like to make a new one after this if things go well.

Bridgedstreams 2: Desert !!Fun!!

Bridgedstreams 3: Fort War Z

Bridgedstreams 4: Mineshaft Mayhem

Just a few ideas  :P
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2013, 06:00:40 pm »

I doubt we'll get knights unless we start a second town when this dies and gen a new world where we have nobles to appoint knights. No nobles means no knights sadly.  :( But we can always name our best soldiers knights and put them in a squad together.

Though I would like to make a new one after this if things go well.

Bridgedstreams 2: Desert !!Fun!!

Bridgedstreams 3: Fort War Z

Bridgedstreams 4: Mineshaft Mayhem

Just a few ideas  :P

Bridgesteams 5: Fun with Goblins! (embark near their fortress)
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 11, 2013, 09:51:05 pm »

Bridgestreams 6: Unto Metropolis! (Make an awesome enough city that the King arrives with full entourage, and there's enough people around to make the Capitol survive at least an extra 5 years.)
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Fodientum

• Escaped Lunatic
  • With four eyes comes superior depth perception.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 11, 2013, 10:13:57 pm »

Bridgestream 7: Haunted Desert Goblin Mineshaft Metropolis of !!Fun!!

EDIT: Might require a bit of tweaking in worldgen.

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 13, 2013, 01:16:34 am »

Interesting so far

Pretty depressing too  :'(

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 13, 2013, 01:23:33 am »

16th Felsite, 193

Spotted a second kobold. Little bugger got away before we could get it though. This time the son of a bitch was in the town proper and a cat freaking out gave it away.

24th Felsite, 193

Had an extra mail shirt and helmet made and asked for some shields; just wood ones, since I doubt we'll be seeing something freakish like a fire spewing mist monster or a dragon. They can get those made whenever though, we're in no hurry. Turns out one of our farmhands has some base ability with a spear, but for the time being we don't need the extra manpower so we'll leave the spot open.

15th Hematite, 193

Got most of the palisade mapped out now, save a couple spots where the towers are going up. Been quite some time since I wrote in this now that I think of it. Probably going to remember to write in you less and less my leather-bound little friend.

20th Malachite, 193

Where does the time go journal? We have a mostly finished set of stone towers now, moved the yak calves so they'd stop picking fights with the cow and bull, and the foundry is finished, more or less anyway. It has an off coloration, but it's all strong masonry. We also got our shields last week!  I asked Highmax how I could repay him and he told me to just make sure nobody makes off with any little ones that happen to pop up in the town. Nice guy that Highmax.

23rd Malachite, 193

Those stupid buzzards are back but now they're at least keeping their distance and only being a minor disruption at worst now that there isn't food out where they can get at it. And Squidgen said the underground food storage was a bad idea after he tripped on that rock. Well who's the right one now?

2nd Galena, 193

Stupid birds. They're picking over our fields at night and we noticed some of the crops that came in this season set for harvest today were gone.

12th Limestone, 193

Radir took care of getting our bridge built. The birds left a while back, absconding with some crops and a freshly gutted turtle but otherwise leaving us be. One of the calves and war mutts are grown now too, which is good; I sent word to have the newly christened bull slaughtered to pad our food stocks. Eri has also grown skilled enough that I daresay we can call her a mace lord!

So yeah, not much went down aside from the minor incident with the birds. Squidgen's workshop is partly built, we're now fully walled up, the foundry just needs roofing, the river is now safe from being used as a way into our town, we have a macelord packing an iron spike on a stick pretty much, and we killed a yak for meat. Here's some screens of our new shit.

Also, as of this update being posted, Squidgen now has a home to call his own.

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 13, 2013, 03:05:24 am »

nice, the last bastion of humanity looking cozier by the season

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 13, 2013, 02:05:53 pm »

We have a mace lord? Shiny, perhaps I should put up a roll of honour on the first page to commemorate humans and events that matter, legendary warriors, first child born, useful artifacts and such.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 13, 2013, 03:39:28 pm »

That we do. I feel sorry for the first poor bastard that gets to say hi to Eri. She'll probably disembowel the poor bastard with that morningstar.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 13, 2013, 05:46:30 pm »

Good thing too, we don't have the people to spare for battle casualties so every badass warrior is a step in the right direction. Let the beakwolf demolishing begin.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 13, 2013, 07:30:46 pm »

maybe the warriors should get their own special housing, they cant be landed knights but they are the prime human warriors left in the world

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 13, 2013, 08:07:26 pm »

Actually all five of our soldiers already have their own accommodations, as does highmax as head wood worker and Squidgen since he made all our weapons.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 13, 2013, 08:27:49 pm »

Actually all five of our soldiers already have their own accommodations, as does highmax as head wood worker and Squidgen since he made all our weapons.
Have I had time to practice with my axe-skills?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 13, 2013, 08:46:50 pm »

Have I had time to practice with my axe-skills?

At this point you're too valuable as a builder (since you practically built one tower by yourself) and we aren't quite finished with construction yet so you'll have to wait until you can practice hitting people with an axe in your free time.

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 13, 2013, 09:17:51 pm »

sweet, i like the image of that it seems very human
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 53