Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If we make a sequel should I let humans make steel in it?

Yes.
- 16 (80%)
No.
- 4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 53

Author Topic: Bridgedstreams: Human Fortress - (Players needed!)  (Read 98534 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Bridgedstreams: Human Fortress
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2013, 07:03:37 pm »

Funny really that the last time I checked my spear skill was higher than his.

Sometimes its your skill. Sometimes its the size of your spear. And sometimes, it all goes down to the quality.

Its all how you use it. ;D
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Fodientum

• Escaped Lunatic
  • With four eyes comes superior depth perception.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2013, 07:10:22 pm »

Sorry to stick into your spear discussion...
I saw this fort, and can't help but stic--stay around and watch this. I don't consider myself good enough at DF to request a turn, but will you guys take another humanize request?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2013, 07:15:46 pm »

Sure thing. We have about 15 free humans at the moment. Do you have any preferences for profession?
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Fodientum

• Escaped Lunatic
  • With four eyes comes superior depth perception.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2013, 07:18:54 pm »

Ahh, no. Just slap a nametag on someone and I'll hope s/he lives long enough to do something.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 09, 2013, 10:01:00 pm »

Can do. Welcome to the settlement.

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 10, 2013, 03:22:09 pm »

SQUIDGEN'S DIARY JOURNAL FEELINGS BOOK METALSMITHING STORIES

First Granite, 193

I've decided to keep a record of my days of metalsmithing here in Bridgedstreams. We recently got a new overseer  after  Grim quit. Can't say I blame him, having the fate of all humankind on his shoulders and all. No one talks about it, but we all know this is our species last chance.

The overseer told me to start making some copper morningstars to replace the silver ones we have now. I don't know who decided to have silver ones made, but these new ones should be better at fighting off the buzzards around here. Silver is known for a lot if things, but being sharp isn't one.

3rd Granite, 193

I was told to make some copper boots and gauntlets today. I don't know why Splint decided that's all the armor the soldiers need. I hope he knows what he is doing.

9th Granite, 193

The new food cellar was completed today, which is great and all, except that it is UNDERGROUND! Sweet mother of Armok, I have stubbed my toes in there on rocks that nobody has bothered to pick up. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm sure not a dwarf!

15th Granite, 193

I tried to start a party today with disastrous results. Spirits had been running low, especially after Hathur has been unable to get out of bed, despite being perfectly healed. Very strange indeed. Before the party got started, Splint came in and flipped a table, screaming about how we don't have any time to party. I was going to disagree until he threatened to do... gruesome things to me. I called off the party immediately.

16th Granite, 193

People keep making jokes about spears. I have no idea what they mean.

17th Granite, 193

Someone explained the jokes to me. I could have sworn we reproduced using spores. I must be going crazy.

(Can someone post the preference screens for our humans? I want to see what kind of stuff they like)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 10, 2013, 04:43:03 pm »

Will do with the next update. Also, damming the river was a horrible idea. I've had to savescum twice because someone was killed fording the river.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 10, 2013, 05:23:47 pm »

:-[

I thought being able to prep some sort of storage tanks under the dining hall so we could build wells in there without getting 'well dry' cancel spam would be useful so when the river froze I took my chances with it and blocked it up.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 10, 2013, 11:48:46 pm »

Might be able to get around it with some grates to stop people from falling through.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 10, 2013, 11:58:37 pm »

Wonder what the worldgen humans do when their well freezes up for the winter?  I imagine goat and pig blood might do in a pinch.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 11, 2013, 03:57:15 pm »

Probably nothing, they farm enough to produce drink year round and 60% of the time they don't settle outside warm grass/shrublands.

So guys, I wanna rename our two squads but can't think of anything. Anyone got any ideas?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 11, 2013, 04:44:04 pm »

4th Slate, 193

The foundry is mostly done. Squidgen said we're still sitting on some iron, so once we have some more coal for the forge we'll have some iron morningstars for our macemen. Since he's making all our kit, I put in a word for him to have a workshop built, even if he managed to trip on the only rock in the food cellar and disrupt necessary work. We have some torches in there now with someone checking them regularly.

6th Slate, 193

That jeweler Fodientuem wasn't doing anything important, so I've looked into getting him set up with an axe so he can help out Highmax with taking trees down. It's hard for him to get them all alone in a timely fashion.

10th Slate, 193

Tikes tried to throw a party and I had to crack the fool with a shoe I found outside the tavern to get him to call it off. I know we need time to get to know eachother better and all, but it has to wait until we're at least walled up and relatively safe. "There's a time and a place for socializing and this isn't the time" I told him and everyone else.

One of the macemen went for a little swim in the river today. The idiot was trying to prove he could jump it and almost went over the waterfall. Also, a little good news, Hathur seems to have recovered. Times went down and hit him with an empty buck and told him to get the hell up or we'd stop bringing him water. Evidently all we needed to do was a little physical violence; not enough to really count as assult of course, but enough to knock some sense into him.

12th Slate, 193

Fodientum reported finding the remains of a camp in the woods while he was felling trees, said the scale of the camp means it's probably just kobolds. Well, so long as they keep their grubby mitts off our armor and weapons, I don't see the harm in them poking around the woods around the town.

17th Slate, 193

Sow popped out a piglet. Good for our tiny pig herd I guess. Also we finally got those new morningstars made, and I gave my thanks to Squidgen.

25th Slate, 193

The yaks are getting violent with eachother out in the pasture, so I asked Tikes to split them up. Stupid things. Where did we even find yaks? I don't remember our miserable little hole we were hiding in being in the mountains.

14th Felsite, 193

A little over two weeks and we get a kobold sighting Hathur was getting some of the fresh lumber and tripped over the annoying little bugger. Of course he ran, after kicking it in the chest to get it away and it bolted. Better than goblins I guess. Also put in for some additional housing, get a few more of us out of the hospital.

So yeah, Sping is now complete! Had a kobold sighting, mostly finished some buildings, Hathur recovered somehow, and I have successfully managed to avoid and  now prevented any chance fomre someone to die by jumping down the waterfall. Now for profile screens.

Squidgen

Fodientum

Splint

Grim

Highmax

Fishybang

The three new huts, and foundry.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 11, 2013, 05:12:23 pm »

Good update, nice to see that you're getting my industrial complex sorted out into a proper set of workshops.

I think you should keep an eye on the injured guy, chances are he'll drop dead from infection if we're not careful.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 11, 2013, 05:17:45 pm »

Headed that off, he was on the way out but again, since we are very limited in people, unless it's an arrow to the neck or a lopped off limb, I'll probably intervene. Still dunno how he recovered.

Madbomber6

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 11, 2013, 05:37:43 pm »

If it is all right with everyone I would like to be humanized. Not sure if there will ever be that squad of knights but if there is I would like to join it. Otherwise just make me any of the soldiers.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 53