Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: In the Blood. [RPG: Started at last!]  (Read 10821 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: In the Blood. [RPG: 0/6]
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2013, 03:31:48 pm »

I'll be joining this.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2013, 03:54:26 pm »

« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 02:29:12 pm by Remuthra »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2013, 03:59:23 pm »

Name: Bedelia Ryan
Appearance: An around 20 year old woman with mousy brown hair that manages actually to be groomed and hazel eyes, Bedelia stands at 5'6'' and is at about average weight, though she lacks much muscle. A sharp intelligence hides beneath a certain focus in her eyes, and she's actually rather attractive.
Personality: Bedelia is a rather bashful woman, with a tendency to blush and stammer at praise, and a tendency to run away at actual conflict. Nonetheless, she's actually quite the smart woman, with a cryptic edge, and a knack for puzzles.
Backstory: Bedelia is a spy. Not, mind you, for any nation, but for a private Irish organization, for which she specializes in getting information from both people and computers (though mostly computers), her blushing charm, looks, and her natural ability to break through puzzles making her a natural choice.

Luck: 10/10 - your ability to escape harm aka HP.

Strength: 1
Agility: 1
Dexterity: 2
Intelligence: 4
Charm: 3
Willpower: 1

Perk: Codes, puzzle-solving, and figuring out secrets through conversation.

Difficulty: As it turns out, organized criminal groups can have decent anti-spy measures. Specifically, a smaller group from Northern Ireland caught her after she looted a bunch of information from their servers, and though they don't have a definite idea of her identity, they're getting closer to knowing.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2013, 09:46:46 pm »

Name: Iliana Tvera
Appearance: Small, pale and malnourished. Dark brown hair, brown eyes, sharp facial features.
Personality: Determined, clever.
Backstory: - Iliana suffered from chronic poor health as a child, requiring quite a lot of time in hospital, and was selected to take part in a trial of a new treatment. It worked, but for some reason Iliana alone among the test subjectspatients suffered the side effect of a several-year coma. Almost as if she had some kind of previously-unknown, odd medical condition...
Group: Donor.

Luck: 10/10

Strength: 1
Agility: 1
Dexterity: 1
Charm: 1
Willpower: 5

Perk: Medicine, computers, puzzles.

Difficulty: Waking from a long coma carries with it a number of problems, physical and mental. Waking from a long coma to find that society has turned into a filthy leech murder-fest and most of your family has disappeared is so very, very much worse. Needless to say, the last half-year has not been pleasant for her. Survival would be nice.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2013, 11:58:36 pm »

WIP (Stats, perks, group and difficulty set, may tweak backstory and personality)

Name: Randolph Carter

Appearance: Tall, brown hair, in his early 30's, looks like he goes to the gym a bit, generally dressed in cargo pants and carrying a shoulder bag.

Personality: Slightly paranoid, pragmatic; likes simple solutions, moral,  kind to those he sees as deserving but has a streak of rage at perceived injustice.

Backstory: Before the crisis he was a knife maker, hand crafting pieces for collectors and hobbyists. The irony that carrying a weapon has become much more acceptable, but that with the economy in shambles fewer people are paying hundreds of euros/dollars/pound for custom blades is not lost on him. Being slightly paranoid he's done the prep work he could for rough times, keeping in shape, even taking a few emergency medicine classes. He wasn't really shocked when the crisis hit. People doing terrible things isn't new. But he finds the whole thing sickening, from the Vamps themselves to the government abdication of moral responsibility to the victims. He's been wondering a lot lately; if the Law fails so utterly, if it just gives up and goes home, are you justified in making up your own to replace it?

Group: Normal

Luck: 10/10

Strength: 3
Agility: 2
Dexterity: 3
Intelligence: 2
Charm: 2

Perks:
Crafting/Common Tools - Professional skills from his hands on job, he knows his way around a toolbox and various metalworking implements.
Edged Weapons - He's a knife maker, even without much pre-crisis fighting experience he was intimately familiar with most bladed objects. Now-a-days he feels twitchy if he doesn't have one or three.
First Aid - A sensible person person with his line of work and outlook doesn't neglect learning how to stop bleeding, he's added in CPR and other basics.

Difficulty: He has an anxiety disorder. He can handle acute danger fairly well, but sometimes freaks out if he has time to worry about things. Medicine, catharsis or companions to talk to call all help, but he'll always worry.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 09:59:49 am by Joben »
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2013, 03:05:00 am »

Humm...

Name: Harry Jones
Appearance: A handsome, but serious looking man in his mid 30's. Dark blonde hair at medium length, and icy blue eyes. Looks fit and athletic, well muscled, but not overly so.
Personality: Quiet and serious, he's usually the penultimate professional-calm, courteous and uncompromising. Yet-among friends and confidants, he tends to relax all too readily and shows his friendly side, laced with a pleasing dry wit. He seems tired most of the time, spiritually at least, and seems to have little hope or faith in humanity any longer.
Backstory: - Harry Jones used to be a G-Man in the service of his country, back when terrorists and criminals of entirely human capabilities were the worst threat America could envision. His particular group, the IOD (Irregular Occurrences Department), dealt with...stranger things. Experimental Fringe Science gone mad, more or less-but also what was conceived as the 'paranormal'. Most of which had good grounding in reality, unfortunately. The exact details were kept a secret even from members of their own brother organizations, if only to keep them from being harassed. The IOD was one of the first government forces to actually file a report on the 'blood' epidemic-warning of dire consequences to come.

They were ignored.

Harry spent the next few years trying to hold back the tide, and keep a lid on the whole thing with the help of his friends, but one man cannot hold back an avalanche. They bought the world a few years of peace, but in the end the IOD failed-watching helplessly as their government turned on the very people they had sworn to protect. The IOD was suddenly restructured, with it's quality of databases and skilled personnel being put to good use-not to hunt Vamps, but 'Donors'. Harry handed in his badge and resigned, and so did many of his fellows.

Nowadays, he's not one to let his skills go rusty. Still a lawbringer at heart, now he works on the other side-a private investigator in somewhat cliched fashion-dealing with cases of wild vamps and burgeoning addicts. Some people call him a 'Cleaner', because they know what he does when talk fails. The Vamps call him people like him 'Slayers' because in this cold future, death is sometimes the only cure.

Group: Normal

Strength: 3
Agility: 3
Dexterity: 3
Intelligence: 3
Charm: 0
You have 13 points to distribute between these, with 2 being average and a maximum of 5 being human peak.

Perk:
+Guns/Harry is skilled in the use of a firearms from his years in service. Against a raging Vamp, you often only get one shot.
+Investigation/He long ago became accustomed to hunting for lawbreakers-background checks, collecting evidence, the works. He's noted Vamps tend to leave a messy trail that's easy to find, since they have no fear of consequence.
+Chemistry/The IOD had longer than most to actually study the Blood before it became a pandemic. Harry was at the front of this, looking for a 'cure'-either to make donors insoluble to Vamps, or to strip Vamps of their powers-or, at least a compound capable of injuring or killing them very quickly.

Difficulty: Harry is currently looking for a friend, one he once shared a romance with-his old partner Veronica Blue. She was knee deep in a dangerous Vamp disappearance case, having followed much the same path Harry did after they went separate ways. Now she's gone-and, he needs to find her.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2013, 03:16:09 am »

-Sheet-
Looks good so far.

-sheet-
Also looking good.
2 things missing though:
 You haven't put down a group.
 You still have 1 more Atrribute point if you want to spend it.

-Sheet-
All fine I think. I like the implication that being a Donor has slightly wider medical implications, although it is unlikely to crop up for basics.

-Sheet-
Looks fine so far also.

NINJA
-sheet-
Very good. Nothing to add there really.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2013, 08:56:10 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(Never played a Frenchman before, so should be good. He's fluent in English, just thought I'd... mention that!)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 04:55:00 pm by Maxinum McDreich »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2013, 09:00:04 am »

Bedelia is a normal, and pop that one attribute point into Charm please.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2013, 09:00:13 am »

I might want to finish my character sheet.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2013, 03:29:04 pm »

Dwarmin, I think my character will want to work with your character.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2013, 12:07:35 am »

Humm, I think we would.

Would your character like some sort background with the IOD putting them in 'old friends' status? or maybe just dealings with the law in general? Of course, it's all optional.

It'll effect how much I trust you initially in character, is all.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2013, 05:02:46 am »

With McDreich, we have 5 full sheets. Remuthra and GWG are on a half sheet each, so I'll probably start in 24-48 hrs unless I get any more applicants.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2013, 08:32:11 am »

Name: Rick Haggard
Appearance: 24 years old. A reasonably shortish man, his skin is covered in scars from vamp attacks. A particularly large scar streches across his face from the top right temple to the bottom left of his chin. Aware of the lure of his blood, he wears a stab-jacket under a black hoody with grey camo trousers. He wears climbing gloves.
Personality: Sarcastic and abrasive with a healthy dose of justified paranoia, Rick doesn't trust other people and has good reason for doing so. As a former petty criminal with a history of breaking and entering, typically from an upstairs window, he doesn't trust the law and the law didn't trust him. That helped keep him alive. With a good knowledge and skill in parkour, he avoids danger, trying never to get in a stand up fight.
Backstory: Rick had just served his time in prison for breaking and entering when the whole thing began. Sheparded into one of the 'cattle pens', his mother was murdered and his brother disappeared into hiding. His girlfriend became a vamp - and hungry for his blood in particular.
Group:Donor.

Strength: 2
Agility: 5
Dexterity: 1
Charm: 0
You have 13 points to distribute between these, with 2 being average and a maximum of 5 being human peak.

Perks:Karate: +1 at combat when he has no weapons in his hands.
        Parkour practioner: +1 at jumping, running, climbing that sort of thing.
        Evasive +1 at dodging attacks.

Difficulty: His brother disappeared into hiding soon after this all began. Rick doesn't think he's dead: and he's desperate to find a member of his family still alive. Rick's ex-girlfriend, Sarah, is also hunting him in particular, and isn't too fussy what she destroys along the way.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 10:29:51 am by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2013, 09:58:04 am »

Humm, I think we would.

Would your character like some sort background with the IOD putting them in 'old friends' status? or maybe just dealings with the law in general? Of course, it's all optional.

It'll effect how much I trust you initially in character, is all.

That might be a good idea, trusting a gman might be a bit of an initial problem for my character too, regardless of similar ethics.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9