Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Pigeons & Prejudice: Definitely deceased.  (Read 22939 times)

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear

BTW, how come everybody comes from long line of pigeons when the Great Death occurred a mere 10 years ago?

I think it would really be more remarkable if a pigeon didn't come from a long line of pigeons.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

BTW, how come everybody comes from long line of pigeons when the Great Death occurred a mere 10 years ago?

I think it would really be more remarkable if a pigeon didn't come from a long line of pigeons.
Pigeons of pigeon heritage are still struggling to find acceptance. The time for pigeons of oak heritage is likely depressingly far off.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Filthy oakblood peasants, cavorting with wood God did not intend to be cavorted with!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Oh, and you people are weird even for Bay12.
Well if you were running the game, it would devolve into superficial debates about pigeon anatomy and mating.
No disrespect.
None taken.

Pigeons of pigeon heritage are still struggling to find acceptance. The time for pigeons of oak heritage is likely depressingly far off.
Don't make me look up pigeon anatomy and mating.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Then don't look it up. >.>

Seriously, there's nothing wrong with that knowledge unless you choose to convert that knowledge into subtle, malevolent or immoral thought.

<_<

@la: Finishing sheet soon.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

I was subtly making a threat to start a debate on the topic.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Hm. I have a bit of a question. Would one be helped in their experiences within this if they were to play Hatoful Boyfriend, or is it completely unnecessary, do you think?
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

WHICH REMINDS ME.

Name: Alessa Thain
Likes: Given her aptitude, Alessa loves music-basically that of the flute variety and anyone who plays or has an interest in it--relating to how dainty and beautiful the sound of wind, and flight, is. The skies are out of her reach though.

In terms of personality, a person who is genuinely sincere and not afraid to be himself (or possibly herself?)--more of the prim and proper type, attracts this little pigeon's heart. In a physical sense, it means those who can easily trust their intuition, and sense how good the other person is. Someone to understand, per se.
Dislikes: Though as far as personality goes, Alessa cannot abide with those who have rich and highly endowed egos. Those who judge early rather than late, and see quite the person instead of the essence of the person. In a material sense, this pertains to those that are snobbish, and overly dress and pamper themselves
Stats: Distribute 8 stat points amongst the following stats.
  • Handsomeness:3

• Money:0

• Dancing:0

• Sense:2

• Sensitivity:2

• Stamina:1

Bio: The only daughter of the Thain family, Alessa was to be said a gift from heaven for this middleclass flock, given her traits that would attract any eye--a white coat from head to tail, and a faint tinge of mottled silver on her wings. Being said, she wasn't spared the privilege of being pampered, but had to aid her family as best as she can-her prize being the experience and knowledge from honest to goodness work.

In a sense, she was what would be termed and discriminated: a peasant. She couldn't dance well, mostly 'flopping about' with her feathers and tail, nor were her feet as adapt in movement compared to the other flightless birds. She wasn't rich, nor did she have the amenities of those who had money, but knew how to improvise with what monochromatic wear and life she had, having been taught independence by her family at a young age, as well as having discipline ingrained in her memory--she wasn't spared the rod when she did wrong.

But through all that, she knew one thing, and how to perform it quite well. The basis of society; communication. Whether rich or poor, she could relate with them--for those who cared enough to speak to her, anyway--and rather did well at social occasions, loving the thrill and feel of being with others.

Now, however, is her coming of age. Give or take a few years post-adulthood, her parents are optimistic about her future and only wish to see her progress the family line. They were sure she was ready, given all their work to support her.

Whether it would be seen, is for fate to tell.[/list]
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 02:30:07 pm by Tiruin »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Hm. I have a bit of a question. Would one be helped in their experiences within this if they were to play Hatoful Boyfriend, or is it completely unnecessary, do you think?

No, very probably completely unnecessary. You just have to be able to play a post-apocalyptic Regency era ladypigeon who is romancing a charming gentleman in the face of adversity and anti-pigeon racism. It would probably be more useful to play Matches and Matrimony, although more in the sense of 'useful for this game' rather than 'useful for making you feel your life is heading in a satisfactory direction'. For the latter feeling, I would recommend Hatoful Boyfriend.

WHICH REMINDS ME.

Luckily for you I was too busy last night to get started. Hopefully I can today.

edit: Right - ladypigeons chosen as per second post. In the end I liked everyone's ladypigeons so much, and found that there were none with terrible faults, that I just rolled dice to select them. Many apologies if your ladypigeon didn't get in.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 08:47:08 am by lawastooshort »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pigeons and Prejudice: A Dating Sim RtD
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2013, 12:45:40 pm »

I couldn't come up with a very good lady-pidgeon idea, so disregard me for whatever. I'll still watch eagerly, as this will either end in disaster or disaster funtimes.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, very probably completely unnecessary. You just have to be able to play a post-apocalyptic Regency era ladypigeon who is romancing a charming gentleman in the face of adversity and anti-pigeon racism. It would probably be more useful to play Matches and Matrimony, although more in the sense of 'useful for this game' rather than 'useful for making you feel your life is heading in a satisfactory direction'. For the latter feeling, I would recommend Hatoful Boyfriend.

WHICH REMINDS ME.

Luckily for you I was too busy last night to get started. Hopefully I can today.

edit: Right - ladypigeons chosen as per second post. In the end I liked everyone's ladypigeons so much, and found that there were none with terrible faults, that I just rolled dice to select them. Many apologies if your ladypigeon didn't get in.
...Everyone just had to be that darn good looking, huh :I

But yes, I agree. All pigeons submitted (sans my own opinion on my own, which is always on the level of 'IT CAN BE IMPROVED') are awesome.

Awesome pigeons.

i never thought id say that

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Oh god what
I don't even
Jesus christ what are you on and where can I get some?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2013, 01:22:34 pm »

Miss Charlotte Fantail is excited about the upcoming ball season

Spoiler: Soon (click to show/hide)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2013, 01:26:13 pm »

Maybe pigeons of noble birth are descended from the pure-bred pigeons from the coops of upper-class pigeon-fanciers? People did breed them after all.

Why am I trying to bring logic to this...
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2013, 02:04:55 pm »

While I'm getting the turn done, if anyone else wants to donate their choice of ladypigeon picture - or choose their dialogue colour - please feel free. I can't guarantee that it'll get into the first turn, but I'll do my best :)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14