Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Impassible Tiles on the following workshops:  (Read 1595 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Impassible Tiles on the following workshops:
« on: October 01, 2013, 10:21:15 pm »

Where is the impassible tiles on the magma smelter and the magma forge? I keep getting magma crabs throwing shit at me!
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Impassible Tiles on the following workshops:
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 10:25:55 pm »

You can always recognize them when placing - Xs are slightly darker shade of green. I think smelter has impassable top-center, and forge has left and right tiles in middle row.

Not sure if they would stop magma crabs.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 10:32:19 pm »

You can always recognize them when placing - Xs are slightly darker shade of green. I think smelter has impassable top-center, and forge has left and right tiles in middle row.

It better. I just had to savescum because I lost a major dwarf after his arm got shredded open and then the crab finished him off. Wasn't happy...

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 10:38:07 pm »

It better. I just had to savescum because I lost a major dwarf after his arm got shredded open and then the crab finished him off. Wasn't happy...

If you put impassible tiles over a magma channel, it will stop creatures from coming up from below, even building destroyers.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 10:45:32 pm »

You see, hes not coming up, hes spewing crap OUT of the channel.

NOTE:

PLEASE POST ON THE THREAD: Prevention: Magma Crabs Spewing Crap
I DONT WANT TO CAUSE SPAM. I'M KINDA PANICY RIGHT NOW

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 11:27:24 pm »

If it helps, the tiles on the magma forge are:

X = impassable

OOO
XOX
OOO

For every other vanilla magma-workshop it is

OXO
OOO
OOO

If you can, see if you can cut off the crab's line of sight into the forges. If it's really bad though, you may want to seal off the room and wait for the crab to leave. If you are feeling brave, you can send some marksdwarves to kill it, but magma crabs don't have blood, so you'd be relying on a lucky bolt to it's brain.

Though once an impassable tile is set up, nothing should be able to shoot through it, or destroy it from below.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 11:30:35 pm »

If it helps, the tiles on the magma forge are:

X = impassable

OOO
XOX
OOO

For every other vanilla magma-workshop it is

OXO
OOO
OOO

If you can, see if you can cut off the crab's line of sight into the forges. If it's really bad though, you may want to seal off the room and wait for the crab to leave. If you are feeling brave, you can send some marksdwarves to kill it, but magma crabs don't have blood, so you'd be relying on a lucky bolt to it's brain.

Though once an impassable tile is set up, nothing should be able to shoot through it, or destroy it from below.

I was hoping to hear that. Thank you so much! And the entire time, I've been doing the vanilla magma-shops the opposite way, thinking it was the bottom center :-[

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 11:35:04 pm »

I was hoping to hear that. Thank you so much! And the entire time, I've been doing the vanilla magma-shops the opposite way, thinking it was the bottom center :-[

It happens. I didn't even know there were impassable workshop tiles until a few weeks ago when I noticed it on a wiki page :P

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 11:44:37 pm »

It happens. I didn't even know there were impassable workshop tiles until a few weeks ago when I noticed it on a wiki page :P

Wiki didn't say which tiles were impassible...

Youy should copy/paste it in there if you can for the magma smelters/magma forges/magma kilns/magma stuff so idiots like me don't have to panic so much :P

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 11:51:12 pm »

They already have little green diagrams similar to mine, but with all X's instead of X's and O's next to a picture of each workshop, but I think they are a bit easy to miss.

Light green for passable tiles, dark green for impassable. Maybe if there was a way to make them stand out a bit more.