Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41

Author Topic: WH40k: Dark Heresy Game Thread - Prologue: Heretical Whispers  (Read 52541 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k: Dark Heresy Game Thread
« Reply #585 on: November 21, 2013, 11:10:57 pm »

"...What exactly do you suspect will happen?"
Eisen sighed and remained put. A life of military service left him feeling restless when nothing was afoot.
"I was referring to if the techpriest comes back out or something. I don't think you'll need me around for now, and I'll make it quick."
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 21, 2013, 11:51:06 pm »

What in the name of the imperial...
...Really need to stop drinking when I want to kill someone

Flavion inspect himself in case of anything missing and inspect the building for anyone

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 22, 2013, 12:23:21 am »

((I may not be on during the update after, so if that so happens, start conversation as such if we can't find a way in ))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 22, 2013, 02:30:18 am »

Here, let me try with these guards.

Walk up to the guards and attempt to get in with my rugged charm and Socratic wit.

Ready self for violence from the Guardsman dude with me; it's fairly obvious he's going to do something.

How about we take a look down that other alleyway first? Perhaps there's another way down there. I'll keep my laspistol ready in case if something happens, though I doubt I'll need it.

Talk the guy to go the alleyway and keep close eye out for others. If dead end, block the psyker's way out and talk to him about what he said earlier about his ignorance.
Yeah, just let me try to talk my way in first.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: November 22, 2013, 04:22:50 am »

Check the nearby manufactorums for the others.
Regroup

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 24, 2013, 03:57:07 am »

Here, let me try with these guards.

Walk up to the guards and attempt to get in with my rugged charm and Socratic wit.

Ready self for violence from the Guardsman dude with me; it's fairly obvious he's going to do something.

[Fel:1d100:20] [What blasphemy is this? A successful skill test?] You successfully convince the guards to let you and the guardsman in. They begin unlocking the door.

Hm. Looks like someone's following you. [mastahcheese]

---

"Greetings, my name is Fral Mallear. I wish to inquire about the location of a Mechanicus district."

((Essentially, I want to figure out where all the Tech-Priests hang out, aquire more augments, are trained, and other things.))

They give you enough information about the hive that you think you can navigate to the primary Mechanicus spire. 'S about four hours away from here, on foot. Assuming the shifts aren't changing.

[Per:1d100:8] You examine the shrine while listening. The typical things are there, the skull-like symbol of the Mechanicus, a few books, incense, etc. etc.

Hm. You spot the outline of an Aquila, barely visible in the faint dust remaining on the edges of the shrine. Some extremely faint scratch marks are visible next to it.

Only the outline. Nothing more.

---

"Hey, Eisen, radio me if something happens, I'm going to check on Xanaros, I forgot to ask him something, I shouldn't take long."

Head in the direction that Xanaros and the Guardsman, who's name I've forgotten.

You follow them, and see them standing outside another manufactorum. Looks like the guards are actually unlocking the door.

---

What in the name of the imperial...
...Really need to stop drinking when I want to kill someone

Flavion inspect himself in case of anything missing and inspect the building for anyone

[Per:1d100:57] Hm. Doesn't look like anything's missing.

I don't think anyone else is at the building.

---

Check the nearby manufactorums for the others.
Regroup

[Per:1d100:31] You find Eisen.

---

3:00AM. Enjoy your poor-quality update.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: November 24, 2013, 04:06:51 am »

...Fuck it, if they leave me without anything to tell me where they are,I might as well find an better bar to drink at
Find an better bar then before and see to get drunk and kill self get information from sources

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: November 24, 2013, 04:27:36 am »

"Many blessings upon you. One more thing, is there an alternate exit? I passed some unsavory characters on my way in, and would like to avoid them."

Inquire about any alternate exits to the manufactorum.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 24, 2013, 04:51:46 am »

Check around for the local arbites building.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: November 24, 2013, 11:14:39 am »

"Wow, gotta hand it to you, they actually let us i- wait, isn't that your psyker buddy coming this way? I thought I told him to stay with Eisen? ((Sorry if I got name wrong))

"Think you can convince them to let him in also?"

Gain a little more respect for the rogue Psyker. Also if they won't let mastacheese in, walk in with the rogue psyker.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 24, 2013, 03:20:08 pm »

<Mildly surprised that that worked.>

He notices the others.

Would you mind terribly much letting my companions in with me?

Attempt to persuade the guards to let the others in with me, then proceed inward regardless of the result.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 25, 2013, 02:01:22 am »

"Hey guys, got bored waiting for techie back there, and Eisen is making me uncomfortable with all the restless shuffling he keeps doing.
How's it going?"
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 25, 2013, 12:09:00 pm »

"Hey guys, got bored waiting for techie back there, and Eisen is making me uncomfortable with all the restless shuffling he keeps doing.
How's it going?"

*in head: Damnit, now it'll be harder... Even if I do end up doing it...*
"Your psyker buddy got us in. He's just asking if you can tag along since you just showed up. These guys seem a lot more sophisticated then the others we were talking to."

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 28, 2013, 08:22:39 pm »

...Fuck it, if they leave me without anything to tell me where they are,I might as well find an better bar to drink at
Find an better bar then before and see to get drunk and kill self get information from sources

[Per:1d100:88] Seems like the only bar around is the one in the plaza. Damnit. You step in and try and get some info.

((I don't think you have Inquiry, so half your Fellowship for this test.))

[Fel:1d100:99] ((...well then. Clearly Tzeentch is messing around with my dice.)) You ask around for a bit, listening for any rumors. Sounds like a bunch of fools, hated by fate, have recently arrived. Hm.

Wonder who they could be.

---

The Manufactorum

"Many blessings upon you. One more thing, is there an alternate exit? I passed some unsavory characters on my way in, and would like to avoid them."

Inquire about any alternate exits to the manufactorum.

[Fel:1d100:61] ((This isn't an Inquiry check, really.)) You get some info regarding emergency exits and the like, but none of them are capable of being accessed without triggering an alarm. There is a back entrance, but it's jammed shut since ten minutes ago - no one's had the time to fix it, either. Perhaps you could?

--

Check around for the local arbites building.

[Per:1d100:7] You find it. There's four full Arbitrators in carapace armor outside. Looks like they're packing some firepower - all four of them have boltguns.

It's about fifteen minutes from your hab, past the plaza.

---

<Mildly surprised that that worked.>

He notices the others.

Would you mind terribly much letting my companions in with me?

Attempt to persuade the guards to let the others in with me, then proceed inward regardless of the result.

((Gonna give you a +10 for your previous success.))

[Fel:1d100:79] Seems like they're a bit unwilling to let your allies enter. You enter regardless.

[Per:1d100:49] You enter a rather cramped hallway, a few workers shuffling past you. This manufactorum appears to be busy - and the door just locked behind you. [Per:1d100:45] Hm.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: WH40k: Dark Heresy Game Thread - Prologue: Heretical Whispers
« Reply #599 on: November 28, 2013, 08:28:46 pm »

"Since you have helped me so, I would be happy to return the favor. If you would be so kind as to give me directions, I will head off immediately, and report back when I am finished."

Aquire directions to the door, head there and examine it for the cause of any faults.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41