Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 41

Author Topic: WH40k: Dark Heresy Game Thread - Prologue: Heretical Whispers  (Read 52575 times)

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k: Dark Heresy
« Reply #540 on: November 04, 2013, 05:58:16 pm »

((Eh, let's go to the nearest one.))
Follow, keeping an eye out for the others

((And how is the d100 system work? Is it 1 crit fail or...?))

You're already with him.

The system is simple - you roll a d100, and if it is lower than the applicable stat, it's a success.

There aren't really critical failures or something - there's jams and psychic phenomena [Xantalos, I'm looking at you] but otherwise not really.

For every difference of 10 you succeed or fail by, however, you get a degree of success or failure. Might have some effects based on your equipment or the situation.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 04, 2013, 05:59:46 pm »

Give the rogue psyker a dirty look

"When we're done here, I want to talk to you... Personally..."
Xanaros recoils.
I don't swing that way.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 04, 2013, 06:00:07 pm »

"Hrmm."

Ignore the party members, and head straight to the guards.

"Greetings. I wish to gain entrance to this manufactorum. I have heard praise of this facility, and wish to examine it in person."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 04, 2013, 06:00:54 pm »

Eisen raised an eyebrow at the other guardsman's comment. "I fail to see how that's relevant. I accidentally insulted them and now they won't let us into this secure area. Trust has nothing to do with it, unless its them not trusting me. Anyway, unless the cogboy can get us in we'll have to find someplace else to investigate."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 04, 2013, 06:18:46 pm »

Eisen raised an eyebrow at the other guardsman's comment. "I fail to see how that's relevant. I accidentally insulted them and now they won't let us into this secure area. Trust has nothing to do with it, unless its them not trusting me. Anyway, unless the cogboy can get us in we'll have to find someplace else to investigate."
"Obviously you pissed them off. My guess is you did as the tech-priest did, you did something to anger them. And would you trust someone with a gun pointed at you? ... Wait, forget I said that"

Xanaros recoils.
I don't swing that way.
Facepalm and keep up with the Tech Priest
"And I didn't mean it that way. Lets deal with the mission and get then we'll talk."
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 04, 2013, 06:24:37 pm »

Eisen shrugged, thinking to himself that the other guardsman really needed to take that long-las from his backside.
"Just a minor miscommunication, and now I know not to use those phrases next time. 'The wise man learns from the death of others' after all, and while no-one has died in this case it is still something to learn.

And of course I wouldn't trust someone with a gun pointed at me; that person is an obvious threat. That doesn't mean I should never trust anyone."

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 04, 2013, 06:26:09 pm »

'The wise man learns from the death of others' after all, and while no-one has died in this case it is still something to learn.
"Funny, I was told that before coming here."
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 04, 2013, 06:30:39 pm »

Eisen shrugged, thinking to himself that the other guardsman really needed to take that long-las from his backside.
"Just a minor miscommunication, and now I know not to use those phrases next time. 'The wise man learns from the death of others' after all, and while no-one has died in this case it is still something to learn.

And of course I wouldn't trust someone with a gun pointed at me; that person is an obvious threat. That doesn't mean I should never trust anyone."

Turn and Point to one of my many scars, specifically near the forehead
See this? I got this last time I trusted someone. Slashed me with his knife when I turned to look at him when I thought he was a good friend. Life as a mercenary was hard, and I learned much from my five years of doing so on the Feral Worlds. I hope you lot can prove my learnings wrong so I know you will all have my back
Resume staying behind the Tech-Priest

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 04, 2013, 07:32:55 pm »

Eisen simply rolled his eyes at the melodramatics. He considered telling the story of his tattoos, but decided to save that for another time. This group seemed liable to fly apart at any moment and once again he questioned the sanity of the Inquisitor.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 04, 2013, 07:41:02 pm »

I go for a walk through the shopping district, keeping one eye out for anything suspicious, and the other eye on my purse.

((The 40k universe is, after all, known for how forgiving it is towards Heretics. Lawful Stupid is the ideal state for humankind; a small mind has no room for doubt, etc etc.))
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 04, 2013, 09:19:51 pm »

((That and they live with tech-priests, who actually are heretics, but no one has the balls to say it to their faces, or to really act on it. Without tech-priests, the Imperium cannot exist.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 04, 2013, 09:48:23 pm »

((Don't forget the Navigators, who are mutants by any definition and yet are vital to long-distance travel in the Imperium, and thus are not only tolerated but treated almost like royalty.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 04, 2013, 09:51:25 pm »

((Don't forget the Navigators, who are mutants by any definition and yet are vital to long-distance travel in the Imperium, and thus are not only tolerated but treated almost like royalty.))
((And those massive guys the imperials use in Dawn of War Soulstorm. They look like hulk or something...))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 04, 2013, 09:59:06 pm »

((And those massive guys the imperials use in Dawn of War Soulstorm. They look like hulk or something...))
((Ogryn. The Imperium uses other kinds of abhumans in its military as well, from the hobbit-like Ratlings to actual catpeople. However, these guys are more seen as cannon fodder than actual indispensable members of society.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 04, 2013, 09:59:55 pm »

((Ogryn. The Imperium uses other kinds of abhumans in its military as well, from the hobbit-like Ratlings to actual catpeople. However, these guys are more seen as cannon fodder than actual indispensable members of society.))
((Still technically heretical and they tolerate them))

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 41