Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41

Author Topic: WH40k: Dark Heresy Game Thread - Prologue: Heretical Whispers  (Read 52636 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k: Dark Heresy
« Reply #180 on: October 17, 2013, 01:13:44 pm »

Initiative:
Xerxes - 2+3 = 5
Xanaros - 3+2 = 5
Susanowa - 3+3 = 6
Daemon - 6+3 = 9
Glob - 2+9 = 11
Metalus - 3+10 = 13 

ULTRA TRICK SHOT POWER MODE! USE AS MUCH FATE AS I NEED TO DO THIS!

As the Daemon comes into view, you judge the proper moment by the horrified gasping of your fellows. You fire a single shot.
(16) (No fate was needed. You managed that ON PURE SKILL. :P )
(10 damage + 3 = 13 damage done) (RIGHTEOUS FURY!) (29) (3+3 = 6, does not exceed toughness)
The Daemon is somewhat injured, and it shimmers oddly as it screeches it's rage at you.

NaythoufoulbeastofdarknesyeshallnottakemeforIhavethestrengthofmyfathersbehindme

Stop looking at the daemon! Reminisce upon how badass my home planet was or something to boost my willpower and break free of it's spell!
Then grab the closest grenade, heave it at the general location of the daemon, and get ready to run like a little pansy.

Willpower test = 18 You barely manage to tear your gaze away from the beast as Xerxes fires his single shot, and you cast about for a grenade, but the nearest one is in Metalus's hand about five meters away. Instead, you fire a single shot from your laspistol and run further into the building. (35) And you miss. You flee.

"C'mon girl, you've seen worse than this. Remember that damn wyrd we took down outside Not-A-Chance? He turned himself into lava for god's sakes! This is just a shifting mass of faces and... Oh God Emperor!"

Susie squeezes her eyes shut, squeezes her shotgun's trigger down and prays to the emperor for guidance

Willpower (These second willpower tests are only at -10, because I am merciful. :P ) (21) You squeeze your eyes shut against the horror before you, and blindly fire a shot from your shotgun. (2) (Damage- 5+4 = 9) You hear a second screech, and the spatter of gore. Then you hear the hissing of acid burning through metal as the creature's blood oozes onto the stairs and melts through them.

Daemon

The Daemon flickers and shimmers slightly as it charges up the stairs after Xanaros. It aims a casual swipe at Glob, who is still trying to regain his composure. (23) (8) It slashes one of it's many limbs out, plunging it deep into his shoulder, and knocking him further into the hab. It hisses and growls hideously as it fixates once more on Xanaros.

(Glob has taken 6 additional wounds and is at 4 wounds left)

FUKKKKKKK

Action:Reroll the 46 and TRY TO SHOOT THE FUCKEN DEMON

(Reroll: 82) Willpower (32) Glob tries to shake off the mind-shattering aura of the daemon, and as he is about to succeed, it stabs him brutally in the shoulder, knocking him over the couch.

Metalus steels himself for what is to come, then shoots the Daemon in the face, and tosses his second grenade at it.

Then he runs like a coward makes a tactical retreat.

OOC: Will PM character sheet as soon as I find it.

Willpower (26) Metalus eyes the Daemon with clinical distaste, and aims his lascarbine directly at it's face. (39) (7+2 = 9 damage) His shot scorches out one of it's eyes, and it howls with hatred. As it howls, he tosses the last glass bomb at it. (90) (8) The grenade bounces off the doorjamb right next to the Daemon, landing in front of it. It explodes, spraying glass into the daemon and all across the hab. (Glob is behind a couch, but Remuthra, Susanowa, Metalus, and Xanaros are all vulnerable to the shrapnel. I'm going to assume everyone tries to dodge behind cover.)

Dodges:
Xerxes - 21
Xanaros - 91
Susanowa - 24
Metalus - 11

Xerxes dives behind the cover he has set up his weapon on, and Xanaros is taken by a blast of shrapnel across the body. Susanowa ducks behind the couch with Glob, and Metalus stands there calmly as shrapnel slices into the walls all around him. (10+3 = 13 damage, -4) Xanaros takes 9 damage. The Daemon takes (3+7=10-8=2) two damage. (6/15) The Daemon is severely injured, and it's form shimmers and flickers wildly. It's oozing acid all over the floor, threatening the structural integrity of the floor in it's immediate area.

(13) Anyone that can see out the window would see four Chimeras marked with the livery of the local Adeptus Arbites. They swarm out of the vehicles professionally, sweeping the area and checking the dead bodies outside. They begin advancing towards the building they hear gunfire and unearthly noises from.

((Glob is... Not having the best time. He needs armor. Nice armor. For a moment there, I thought Xanaros was going to be instantly critical'd by the glass bomb, but then I remembered that you subtract toughness bonus. Also, I was hoping Remuthra would insta-kill it with Righteous Fury on a blind shot. That would have been epic. Alright everyone. Post new actions.))

Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 17, 2013, 01:44:21 pm »

Still was epic. Will I have to take fear now?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 17, 2013, 01:56:06 pm »

Yes, but the fear effect is weakened now that you lot have shot the everloving crap out of it. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 17, 2013, 02:11:08 pm »

Yes, but the fear effect is weakened now that you lot have shot the everloving crap out of it. :P
Sweet. Don't I get a +5 instead of a -5, though, because of the Accuracy bonus?
EDIT: Will the demon be able to hit Xanaros this next turn? How far away is he from me, and how far when he engages Xanaros?
EDITEDIT: How far away was the demon when I shot it? If it was half my standard range (150 meters) or less, I get another +10 to the roll.
EDITEDITEDIT: Oh, and because I'm firing single shot, my sight gives me another +10. This sniper thing is pretty crazy.
EDITEDITEDITEDIT: Did you determine where my shot hit the demon?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 02:33:03 pm by Remuthra »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 17, 2013, 02:41:40 pm »

Sweet. Don't I get a +5 instead of a -5, though, because of the Accuracy bonus?
EDIT: Will the demon be able to hit Xanaros this next turn? How far away is he from me, and how far when he engages Xanaros?
EDITEDIT: How far away was the demon when I shot it? If it was half my standard range (150 meters) or less, I get another +10 to the roll.
EDITEDITEDIT: Oh, and because I'm firing single shot, my sight gives me another +10. This sniper thing is pretty crazy.
EDITEDITEDITEDIT: Did you determine where my shot hit the demon?

No, you were shooting at it blind. That sort of negates the whole sniper thing and moves into 'Blind Luck'.
The daemon will if Xanaros doesn't keep running. Although, he's sort of running out of space to run. The hab isn't very big. The Daemon is at the door, and I would assume you set up your little spot near one of the small-ish windows, so you're about 6 meters away. It will probably have to pass you to get at Xanaros if he runs into the next room.
It was under half your standard range. But you were firing blind. :P
You weren't using the sight. You were using math, or guesstimation, or something similar. :P If your eyes were open, it would be yes to all of this.
It's not normal, and you didn't do critical damage to it. Truth be told, you can really only critical damage it's body or 'legs'. It doesn't exactly have a head or arms as we understand them.

Next turn, when you shoot at it (If you save against the Fear), you will shoot at a +30. Oh, and you've only got two shots left in your current magazine, IIRC. Killed two scum, shot the Daemon once, five shot clip. I'd have to check back to be sure.
He's fucking with us.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 17, 2013, 02:46:09 pm »

Yep. You calculate where you hit someone for every shot, though. It just only comes into play for critical damage and armor values.

If it has no head, can I headshot it still?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 17, 2013, 03:16:44 pm »

Hm.
I suspect it'd be more suicidal than usual to engage the thing in melee.
So.
Can I spend a Fate Point to reroll that dodge for the glass grenade?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 17, 2013, 06:22:11 pm »

Metalus uses both actions to fire at semi-auto on the daemon.

Metalus stands there calmly as shrapnel slices into the walls all around him.

OOC: My grenades were so well-made that the shrapnel refused to harm me. And it hit the psyker, so that's a plus!

Also I think semi-auto is a +10 and hits an extra time for every 2 degrees of success?

Also where am I in relation to the daemon?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 06:28:50 pm by HFS »

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 17, 2013, 06:39:55 pm »

((Just checking, how close was I on that shot at the demon? 'Cos shotguns up close have some insane extra damage capabilities.))

"C'mon. It's hurt. It's bleeding. You can do this, Susie. Come on!"

Drop my shotgun, quick draw my club and CHARGE THE DEMON! THE EMPEROR PROTECTS!
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 17, 2013, 07:38:32 pm »

Yep. You calculate where you hit someone for every shot, though. It just only comes into play for critical damage and armor values.

If it has no head, can I headshot it still?

Uh, you can shoot it in the eyes. It probably wouldn't enjoy that very much. Is an eyeshot as cool as a headshot?  And (96) you hit it in one of it's back legs.

Hm.
I suspect it'd be more suicidal than usual to engage the thing in melee.
So.
Can I spend a Fate Point to reroll that dodge for the glass grenade?

Yes.

(37) Not quite enough. And you have one more fate point left. It can be used to recover 1d5 wounds instantly, IIRC.

Also where am I in relation to the daemon?

You are in the bottom 'left' corner of the room, relative to the window as 'top' and door as 'right'. You're about 8m from the Daemon, who is pretty much a step inside the door. Xerxes is in the 'top left' corner, next to the window and the door to the kitchen, behind a little furniture barricade. Susanowa and Glob are both behind the couch, about 4m from the daemon. Xanaros is right outside the door to the kitchen. I need some sort of grid-based drawing tool for this so I can provide representations for everyone. It's hard to do it all mentally. The closest people to the Daemon are Susanowa and Glob, at 4m, then Xerxes, at 6m, Xanaros at 7m, and Metalus at 8m.

((Just checking, how close was I on that shot at the demon? 'Cos shotguns up close have some insane extra damage capabilities.))

4m, not quite enough to do it. You could take a step or two towards it and get the point-blank range though, just like Xerxes could for that unnecessary extra +20 to hit. :P
He's fucking with us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 17, 2013, 07:41:15 pm »

(What's my aim bonus/malus at this moment if I just shoot?)
Sig! Onol

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 17, 2013, 07:47:21 pm »

I shoot it at short range, spending a half action on aiming, via a called shot on its eye. That should be +20 to hit, if I'm calculating right.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 17, 2013, 07:49:40 pm »

Y'know what, fuckit. It's not like things can go worse.
Well, they can, but I know for an almost fact that they won't.

Unnatural Aim at the daemon! SHOOT IT IN DA FACE HEAD OR EYES!

((Now watch as I accidentally summon another daemon.))
Sig! Onol

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 17, 2013, 07:51:39 pm »

Let me finish off the first monstrosity before you get yourself killed by a second one!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 17, 2013, 07:52:08 pm »

Y'know what, fuckit. It's not like things can go worse.
Well, they can, but I know for an almost fact that they won't.

Unnatural Aim at the daemon! SHOOT IT IN DA FACE HEAD OR EYES!

((Now watch as I accidentally summon another daemon.))

((Everyone please pray to the almighty Emperor that Xantalos doesn't summon a Bloodthirster.))
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41