Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 41

Author Topic: WH40k: Dark Heresy Game Thread - Prologue: Heretical Whispers  (Read 52701 times)

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k: Dark Heresy
« Reply #105 on: October 08, 2013, 04:02:33 pm »

OCC: Wont be able to post until i get home in the afternoon (8 hours)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 08, 2013, 05:19:11 pm »

((OOC: Mallear Lug, Technographer. Just basic, gotta add skills, bit of backstory, blah blah, but since I'm not active in the game, this'll do for now.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 08, 2013, 08:00:12 pm »

((This is turning out pretty damn cool.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2013, 08:14:30 pm »

((I'll spend 100 exp on basic Toughness, 100 on Awareness, 100 on Scrutiny and 100 on Inquiry +10))

"Or he's got a leak in his operation. Or, hell, maybe this building was a gang hideout a few years back and the local arbites set that device up.

Still, it'd be a good idea to sweep the area for more of these things. If it does turn out that whoever we're here to watch is watching us, I think I'd feel happier if they were blinded."

Susie gets up from where she was sat watching, and starts looking for more devices, checking under seats, inside cupboards and anywhere else she can think of.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 08, 2013, 09:17:53 pm »

OOC: I believe for rolling basic skills, if you don't have it, you must roll under half the relevant stat - and you can't do so at all with advanced skills. I'm probably wrong, though.

Good to know. I probably missed that bit. From now on, we'll work with this.

@Remuthra: Yes, you may. Same for Woose and his armor, although you haven't gotten it yet. Patience.

((I'll spend 100 exp on basic Toughness, 100 on Awareness, 100 on Scrutiny and 100 on Inquiry +10))

"Or he's got a leak in his operation. Or, hell, maybe this building was a gang hideout a few years back and the local arbites set that device up.

Still, it'd be a good idea to sweep the area for more of these things. If it does turn out that whoever we're here to watch is watching us, I think I'd feel happier if they were blinded."

Susie gets up from where she was sat watching, and starts looking for more devices, checking under seats, inside cupboards and anywhere else she can think of.

I assume you want to search the building, so I'll roll it for you. (75, 90, 14) Searching the main living room yields nothing, and searching the kitchen likewise brings up nothing, but when you search the small sanitation closet, you find a sleek black device about the size of your pinky fingernail tucked up under the edge of the cabinet under the sink. (95, 19) Looking at the device, you have no clue as to it's purpose, but you know for sure that it is an Adeptus Arbites piece of equipment.

Congratulations, you found a cop thingy. What now? (A thing is going to happen in a bit, but I'm waiting so everyone gets a chance to do something before we move forward from the stakeout.)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2013, 11:23:28 pm »

I show the device to Metalus, maybe with his knowledge of technology he can tell what it's supposed to be.

((I'd feel much happier if you rolled all dice, Hans. That way there's no temptation to lie about rolls to save my character.))
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 08, 2013, 11:26:21 pm »

((I'd feel much happier if you rolled all dice, Hans. That way there's no temptation to lie about rolls to save my character.))
((For when I eventually get in, this.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 08, 2013, 11:27:12 pm »

Glob starts rubbing his chins
"Expect anything, this could be training or even an test..."Glob sighs from the idea
"We might as well check the place, and also outside, our job WAS to check the building next to us from anything, from cultist to gangster, and not have an inquisitor hound us from an mistake"
Glob start to inspect the buildren for anything, if nothing comes up then check out the outside area for any 'suspicious activity'

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2013, 11:28:41 pm »

((For when I eventually get in, this.))
((+1))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2013, 12:03:27 am »

I show the device to Metalus, maybe with his knowledge of technology he can tell what it's supposed to be.

Sounds good to me.

You show the device to Metalus, and he (14) identifies it with a sigh as a very sophisticated listening device. Obviously the device he found was a blind to fool a casual inspection.

"Expect anything, this could be training or even an test..."Glob sighs from the idea
"We might as well check the place, and also outside, our job WAS to check the building next to us from anything, from cultist to gangster, and not have an inquisitor hound us from an mistake"
Glob start to inspect the buildren for anything, if nothing comes up then check out the outside area for any 'suspicious activity'

(Er, you were ordered to watch the building. It seemed implicit that you should stay in the building you were in unless something happened.)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2013, 12:36:18 am »

Sounds good to me.

You show the device to Metalus, and he (14) identifies it with a sigh as a very sophisticated listening device. Obviously the device he found was a blind to fool a casual inspection.

(Er, you were ordered to watch the building. It seemed implicit that you should stay in the building you were in unless something happened.)
(I meant to type is to watch the building from inside the one i am currently in)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2013, 12:40:16 am »

(Ah, I see. We're just waiting on Woose then, and I'll further the plot a bit. You see nothing outside currently, and the others are currently rather excited about the listening device.)
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 09, 2013, 06:55:06 pm »

(Welp, guess we're moving on.)

As Metalus and Susie inspect the device, Glob notices that some 'suspicious activity' is indeed happening at the manufactorum. In the form of a band of over a score of scum, gangsters, and assorted ne'er-do-wells gathering outside the front of the building, clutching weapons in a variety of forms, including a couple grenade launchers and a plethora of shotguns, shock mauls, and autoguns. He cannot help but notice they keep looking up at the hab, and, in fact, they seem to be looking right at him.

TL;DR: Oddly well armed angry mob is forming. What is your course of action?
He's fucking with us.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2013, 07:24:49 pm »

Glob slowly walk backs, Thinking to get the 'Better armed' people for this little group to fight, once out for sight for the thugs, run to Metalus and Susie to get there Weapons ready and stop messing around the bloody 'box' as there are armed scum at the door and they are here to 'Say hello'

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2013, 07:39:32 pm »

Metalus puts the pict sensor down, and readies his las carbine.

"Has anyone identified any possible exits to the hab?"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 41