Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41

Author Topic: WH40k: Dark Heresy Game Thread - Prologue: Heretical Whispers  (Read 52526 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k: Dark Heresy
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2013, 06:34:45 am »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 02:08:55 pm by Remuthra »

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2013, 12:37:43 pm »

Also PTW.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2013, 12:54:46 pm »

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/dha-show.php?charnum=50090

You can see I kind of min-maxed my character a bit  :P but I'll try to keep the use of psychic powers to a minimum. Way I see it is that it should be a 'direst of circumstances' type thing where my character is VERY reluctant to use his gifts heretical mutation.

EDIT: Yeah give me a moment on purchasing equipment and using xp, I need to read over the rulebook.
I'll take minor psychic power 'healer' (100xp) and a flak vest (50 base cost) if the GM will let me.

As far as buying armor, don't worry about it right now, the first thing you guys are going to be involved in will provide a bit of armor for everyone.

Is everyone fairly ready to do at least a trial run session?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2013, 01:00:10 pm »

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/dha-show.php?charnum=50090

You can see I kind of min-maxed my character a bit  :P but I'll try to keep the use of psychic powers to a minimum. Way I see it is that it should be a 'direst of circumstances' type thing where my character is VERY reluctant to use his gifts heretical mutation.

EDIT: Yeah give me a moment on purchasing equipment and using xp, I need to read over the rulebook.
I'll take minor psychic power 'healer' (100xp) and a flak vest (50 base cost) if the GM will let me.

As far as buying armor, don't worry about it right now, the first thing you guys are going to be involved in will provide a bit of armor for everyone.

I believe I am ready, except for writing down the physical description.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2013, 01:11:42 pm »

I haven't really been able to go over the rulebook yet, but I should be ready before the weekend is over.

I have absolutely no clue what I want to play though.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2013, 01:25:22 pm »

Alright. What times/days are good for people? As I said, late night on Sundays are probably the best for me, but I'm in GMT-6. Try to put the times good for you in relation to GMT
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2013, 01:30:00 pm »

I'm in GMT -5, and I can pretty much only do things on the weekends. Sunday might be fine as long as it's not all that late, because education.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2013, 05:16:46 pm »

Any day's good for me. I'm currently in GMT+1, and this week I'm nocturnal. That'll change later, but I should be able to make anything at night for this week.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2013, 06:31:26 pm »

My time is GMT+10, i can do this on the weekends if that is fine, other then that i cant due to school

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2013, 08:31:41 pm »

Alright. What times/days are good for people? As I said, late night on Sundays are probably the best for me, but I'm in GMT-6. Try to put the times good for you in relation to GMT

Same timezone as you.

I've got some Deathwatch coming up tomorrow, but I should be available at around 8:00PM.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2013, 09:05:59 pm »

I'm GMT -4:00 (Aka Eastern Standard Time) and weekends are probably the best for me (though with my schedule I'd probably have to drop out early).

Also, I'm currently reading through the rulebook and am finding the ranges for the weapons hilarious/stupid. A lasgun has a range of 100m, meaning that its maximum range is 400m which is only 40m further than an assault rifle autogun which has a max range of 360m. It gets even more silly when you compare the ranges to real life weapons. A Karabiner 98k (aka the rifle the Germans used in WWI/II) has an effective range of 500m. And if you stick a scope on it, the effective range doubles to 1000m! Now admittedly Dark Hersey range is not 1:1 with effect range, but the fact that a rifle from the turn of the twentieth century can have 2.5x times the maximum range of a lasgun should tell you how laughably short-ranged the weapons are in Dark Heresy.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2013, 09:21:11 pm »

True enough. Even the sniper weapons only extend to about 600m.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2013, 10:40:53 pm »

I'm GMT -4:00 (Aka Eastern Standard Time) and weekends are probably the best for me (though with my schedule I'd probably have to drop out early).

Also, I'm currently reading through the rulebook and am finding the ranges for the weapons hilarious/stupid. A lasgun has a range of 100m, meaning that its maximum range is 400m which is only 40m further than an assault rifle autogun which has a max range of 360m. It gets even more silly when you compare the ranges to real life weapons. A Karabiner 98k (aka the rifle the Germans used in WWI/II) has an effective range of 500m. And if you stick a scope on it, the effective range doubles to 1000m! Now admittedly Dark Hersey range is not 1:1 with effect range, but the fact that a rifle from the turn of the twentieth century can have 2.5x times the maximum range of a lasgun should tell you how laughably short-ranged the weapons are in Dark Heresy.

Like I said before, I sort of planned on playing it fast and loose. I'm not going to hold the numbers in the book as Word of God so much as good suggestions. I'll try to make distance shooting realistic while still letting melee type characters be relevant. Shouldn't be too hard when the most common foe of an Inquisitor is cultists of the Ruinous Powers, who are not noted for being tactically sound.

Also, I've decided your Inquisitor is from the Ordo Obscura, which I definitely did not just make up on the spot. This way, you all can deal with a wide variety of foes, rather than getting pigeonholed into fighting ONLY Cultists or ONLY Demons or ONLY Aliens. On the flip side, this means I have a much greater variety of threats to present to you. I've decided the Ordo Obscura deals with unknown or previously unencountered threats, and they're also basically the Inquisitors that are on other, more important Inquisitor's shit lists, who are often dispatched to deal with what amounts to a fancy rebellion with a snazzy slogan or a cult to some unknown alien deity that doesn't actually exist. So when you actually DO find something that is a threat to the Imperium, you will have oh so much fun trying to convince people to deal with it. :P
He's fucking with us.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2013, 01:08:19 pm »

Like I said before, I sort of planned on playing it fast and loose. I'm not going to hold the numbers in the book as Word of God so much as good suggestions. I'll try to make distance shooting realistic while still letting melee type characters be relevant. Shouldn't be too hard when the most common foe of an Inquisitor is cultists of the Ruinous Powers, who are not noted for being tactically sound.

If you're playing it fast and loose, I'd just ignore range entirely. Most of the combat is probably going to take place within spitting distance anyways (cramped hives, twisted labyrinths etc.) unless you want the melee folks to enjoy several rounds of running forward into heavy fire.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2013, 01:41:58 pm »

If you're playing it fast and loose, I'd just ignore range entirely. Most of the combat is probably going to take place within spitting distance anyways (cramped hives, twisted labyrinths etc.) unless you want the melee folks to enjoy several rounds of running forward into heavy fire.
There's a reason you don't see tanks armed with flails :P.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41