Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which game-mode should we play for Round 4? [If you want a mod post in forum]

5 CP - Both Teams try to capture all 5 CP's for the win!
- 3 (20%)
Arena - Eliminate all enemy players to win!
- 2 (13.3%)
Capture the Flag - Capture the intelligence to gain points!
- 0 (0%)
Freak Fortress - One boss versus an entire team! Last team standing wins!
- 0 (0%)
King of the Hill - Both Teams try to keep the CP for 10 cumulative turns.
- 2 (13.3%)
Mann to Mann to Mann - A 3-way variant of King of the Hill. Hold the CP for 5 turns.
- 1 (6.7%)
Payload - One team tries to get the cart to the end. The other team tries to stop them.
- 1 (6.7%)
Payload Race - Both team try to get their payload to the end first.
- 3 (20%)
Zombie Fortress - Humans Vs Zombies. 1 zombie to start. Dead humans switch teams. Try to survive.
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 69

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: Board Game [Round 3 in sign-ups]  (Read 66142 times)

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Board Game [In Beta] [Always accepting]
« Reply #465 on: November 15, 2013, 06:06:45 pm »

I'm tired of this game. Hopefully, the game will become more fun without my participation. I'm not sure it's fun for anyone right now, and that's a pity.

Exit server.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 15, 2013, 06:45:42 pm »

Move PMed.

While I think soldiers might be a little overpowered at the moment, I don't think making them more annoying to play(which is all reducing the movement does, really) is the solution. Considering that movement is far less useful than in the original game, simply due to the turn based mechanics, I don't feel like that's the best solution. Don't think they were that slow, either...

Giving them a bigger accuracy dropoff, nerfing Explosive a bit more or removing the ability from Rocket launchers, giving them a damage dropoff, or possibly reducing their health would all be possible solutions. The only difficulty right now is that Soldiers can simply sit and shoot everything, and since movement doesn't factor in, you can't avoid their rockets by being fast, like a scout.

But a lot of these problems, soldier, engineer, heavy, all probably come from small map size and small range to match it. On a bigass map, with lots of open space, but still close in quarters, choke points, blind turns, etc., engineers could build, even using their health, and have enough time to make something useful before the enemy arrived, snipers would be worthwhile at all, heavies could 'set up' at choke points, scout's movement would be worth a damn for finding the enemy, etc.

Hell, one thing you could do, if you increased the map size, is make it so rockets moved towards a specific square and then on in a straight line, over multiple turns if the target was far enough away.

Stretching out initiative steps would work too. Person to roll highest moves, then the next, and so on, and then things are built, shot, or reloaded. Or vice versa, or even you choose which(so if you roll higher, but want to shoot after moving, but they want to move before reloading, just around the corner of a wall, they'll still be able to 'dodge'.

Always difficulties with translating an Real-Time game to turn format, is all.

Edit: Actually, just figured out really simple way to implement movement into accuracy. You can go about this one of two ways; If you're shooting at someone, subtract the number of squares they moved away or sideways(coming closer doesn't really degrade accuracy, though you might make it count for scouts or something; maybe jumping will count as movement like that) compared to you(total movement, no swerving back and forth, at least in this, whilst repairing your turret >.>) from your accuracy roll(also, compared to you, so if you're a soldier and move three spaces, while the scout moves in the same direction, but five spaces, it counts as 2; nice job predicting his movement). Or, add the number of squares they moved to how far away they count as being. Or one half the number of squares they moved, rounded up. This wuld be sentry guns would be a little more vulnerable, being stationary, tanks would be comparatively easy to hit, scouts would be a pain in the ass, etc. The flipside of this is that moving should apply half the same penalty to hitting any targets you are moving sideways relative to; strafing is beneficial for your health, but bad for your accuracy. Retreating is always good for your health.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 06:59:34 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 15, 2013, 07:19:22 pm »

EDIT: GWG, do not shoot Mastahcheese. I think he's got the Dead Ringer on, and then he can start knifing us/me.
You seem to be under the impression that I can't knife you while I'm still visible.
Switch to knife, chase after the non-believer!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 15, 2013, 07:21:32 pm »

EDIT: GWG, do not shoot Mastahcheese. I think he's got the Dead Ringer on, and then he can start knifing us/me.
You seem to be under the impression that I can't knife you while I'm still visible.
Switch to knife, chase after the non-believer!
You just can't backstab me. I don't care if you flail with your mini-scalpel otherwise.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 17, 2013, 07:08:30 am »

This is a quick notification.
Starting Wednesday the 20th, I won't have access to the computer for about 1-2 weeks. During that time, I would like my pyro to be a arsonist and always charge at and burn the closest blu (not in spawn room) that is low on health, if they are all fine helathwise, then just the closest blu.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 18, 2013, 12:45:25 am »

I'm tired of this game. Hopefully, the game will become more fun without my participation. I'm not sure it's fun for anyone right now, and that's a pity.

That's a shame but thanks for trying to help. If you ever come back I'd appreciate you telling me what you didn't like.

I've decided to give the Soldier back his movement speed.

Someone on RED needs to give me movement stuff for Bot 1 [Scout] and Bot 2 [Mopsy].

Most of the maps ARE larger than this one, role, but it's a good point you make.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 19, 2013, 12:45:50 pm »

I have MOST of the movements other than AI1 and AI2 [Mopsy] so if I don't get those by this time tomorrow I'm just going to make them up myself.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 19, 2013, 12:50:25 pm »

Can I make them up?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 19, 2013, 12:51:09 pm »

Sure, I won't use it though.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 20, 2013, 04:00:55 pm »

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player’s Status (click to show/hide)

Tip: Mod-controlled players on RED are “AI#”s while on BLU they are “NP#”s. The Mod-Controlled players team-mates may give them orders at any time.
Tip: Entering spawn fully restores all your stats. Sometimes it’s a better idea to run to spawn than stand around fighting.
Tip: The Mod is only human. If you see a mistake report it.

So another update that might be better received than the last one. Be SURE you read the rules. Especially if you have a projectile weapon.

Furthermore I’ve added a poll asking about Auto-balancing the team. If it passes AI1 and AI2 will be removed from play and a random player on BLU will be moved to RED.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Update 13: The WAR! Update
« Reply #475 on: November 20, 2013, 04:01:58 pm »

Update 13: The WAR! Update

Weapons:
-Projectile Weapons now add [1/2M+1/2T] to the needed accuracy roll. [M=Your Movement] [T=Target’s Movement]

Soldier:
-Movement Speed increased to 3

Demoman:
-Eyelander speed bonus halved [+1 for every two kills]
-Eyelander health bonus capped at 225.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 20, 2013, 04:21:12 pm »

Hm. I think I'll change to being a Medic with the Crusader's Crossbow, the MediGun, and the Bone Saw.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 20, 2013, 04:24:57 pm »

Pull out my gun and shoot Cubejakal
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 20, 2013, 05:35:18 pm »

You cannot change your weapon and do a "Shoot" action in the same turn.

CubeJackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 20, 2013, 05:46:28 pm »

Move to N20. Pull out Sandvich.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 69