Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which game-mode should we play for Round 4? [If you want a mod post in forum]

5 CP - Both Teams try to capture all 5 CP's for the win!
- 3 (20%)
Arena - Eliminate all enemy players to win!
- 2 (13.3%)
Capture the Flag - Capture the intelligence to gain points!
- 0 (0%)
Freak Fortress - One boss versus an entire team! Last team standing wins!
- 0 (0%)
King of the Hill - Both Teams try to keep the CP for 10 cumulative turns.
- 2 (13.3%)
Mann to Mann to Mann - A 3-way variant of King of the Hill. Hold the CP for 5 turns.
- 1 (6.7%)
Payload - One team tries to get the cart to the end. The other team tries to stop them.
- 1 (6.7%)
Payload Race - Both team try to get their payload to the end first.
- 3 (20%)
Zombie Fortress - Humans Vs Zombies. 1 zombie to start. Dead humans switch teams. Try to survive.
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 69

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: Board Game [Round 3 in sign-ups]  (Read 66146 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Board Game [In Beta] [Always accepting]
« Reply #435 on: November 13, 2013, 08:16:39 pm »

Move to K11
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 13, 2013, 08:40:37 pm »

((Okay, before I send a turn, I forget, is it possible to switch to Melee and attack in one turn or is that no good? Because if not, I'm absolutely fucked.

ALSO, Soldiers are incredibly OP at the moment.))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 13, 2013, 08:42:46 pm »

It is not. You cannot switch weapons and fire in one turn. Though you CAN use your Splendid Screen as it's an item.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 13, 2013, 08:46:30 pm »

((So I can switch and still use the screen?))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 13, 2013, 08:48:39 pm »

You can though you still lose one movement [the second movement granted by the screen is still allowed so you'd be able to move 5.]

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 13, 2013, 09:42:04 pm »

Engineers are just too squishy with combination of low health and the part where it costs them health to build. I know Doc Holiday seems extremely powerful because you can heal yourself for 50 damage a turn once you get the Dispenser to level 3, but a lot of weapons will almost kill us in one hit anyway, and it will take at the very least, if noone is shooting at us, 4-5 turns, all of which we have to spend next to the dispenser, 3 of which we are doing nothing but upgrading it, to get it to that level. With 50% boost, maybe combined with a 25 point boost to health anyway, we can accomplish something worthwhile.

Of course, maybe I just think that because we're in a bad spot and I don't have the protection of my teammates like RED team does. Do you feel squishy, Scapheap?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 13, 2013, 09:51:17 pm »

Why not implement metal as Engie ammo?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 13, 2013, 09:57:15 pm »

Why not implement metal as Engie ammo?
Or just tie it into their special ability, like how Cloak is part of Spies.

Edit: Similarly, it should also probably require them to be holding/using their melee weapon to do so. Although switching weapons takes a long time, in this game, so I dunno.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 10:03:05 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 13, 2013, 10:07:02 pm »

Twirl my revolver, and blast GSF, keep on sappin'
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 13, 2013, 10:21:52 pm »

Okay so a few things:

1. Oh whoops, totally forgot about the sappings. I'll edit that in for the next turn.

2. Respawn time will be reduced to 2 turns as the majority seem to want that.

3. I'll go ahead and implement metal as a resource. Though it will increase a lot of costs and change building a bit. Let's give it a go though.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 14, 2013, 07:20:09 am »

Question for Nerjin: How come I shot [LKE] instead of [GSF]?

Another question for Nerjin: I only count 5 squares between [JAK] at M19 and the RED dispenser at J14. Doesn't the minigun have a max range of 6 squares?

Really strange, the way it is a huge fracking tragedy every time a BLU gets borked after stumbling over to where we can just walk up and shoot him. NEWS FLASH FOR COOL JEDI DUDES THINKING THEY CAN PARRY THE BLASTERS: THIS ISN'T GODDAMN STAR WARS.

Why even bother to shoot people if they come back, fully healed and stocked (and with a class and loadout that is better suited to the current situation), almost immediately? With two-turn respawn, keeping enemies alive (or killing yourself) for tactical reasons is going to be the rational choice in many situations. That seems wrong for a game that is supposed to be about combat. How about at least making the respawn time longer when the player does a class/loadout change?

I admit that the issue with engies spending all their health on buildings and then dying when a heavy looks at them funny is real, though. Plus, the spend-health-to-build mechanic is a little morbid. Is he powering those buildings with his own blood? :o It seems to me that complexity for the GM comes more from doing updates than from the number of counters. Updating a metal counter won't be any harder to do/remember than updating the health counter, will it? Actually, I believe Nerjin has already forgotten to update scapheap's at least once.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 14, 2013, 08:10:31 am »

Really strange, the way it is a huge fracking tragedy every time a BLU gets borked after stumbling over to where we can just walk up and shoot him. NEWS FLASH FOR COOL JEDI DUDES THINKING THEY CAN PARRY THE BLASTERS: THIS ISN'T GODDAMN STAR WARS.
We're not going to just let you take the control point. What would you do? Sit back, do nothing?

Why even bother to shoot people if they come back, fully healed and stocked (and with a class and loadout that is better suited to the current situation), almost immediately?
Two turns is actually a good bit of time. Factor in the time to get from base to anywhere that matters...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 14, 2013, 10:11:21 am »

Action P'med

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 14, 2013, 10:29:30 am »

Question for Nerjin: How come I shot [LKE] instead of [GSF]?

Because you said to shoot either of them in the PM and since the distance was the same I flipped a coin.

Quote from: Same Post
Another question for Nerjin: I only count 5 squares between [JAK] at M19 and the RED dispenser at J14. Doesn't the minigun have a max range of 6 squares?

Turns out I never really mentioned this to you guys. When you fire at anything but a straight line of squares I do A2+B2=C2 and then Square Root C to get how far away you are.

Um... I've been working on a weapon for that.

Why even bother to shoot people if they come back, fully healed and stocked (and with a class and loadout that is better suited to the current situation), almost immediately? With two-turn respawn, keeping enemies alive (or killing yourself) for tactical reasons is going to be the rational choice in many situations. That seems wrong for a game that is supposed to be about combat. How about at least making the respawn time longer when the player does a class/loadout change?

Like I said this is a beta. If 2 turns ends up being too little I'll ramp it back up to 3. But you get the same exact option if you get killed so I figure it'll let people fight more often. I dunno. I'm just trying it out.

I admit that the issue with engies spending all their health on buildings and then dying when a heavy looks at them funny is real, though. Plus, the spend-health-to-build mechanic is a little morbid. Is he powering those buildings with his own blood? :o It seems to me that complexity for the GM comes more from doing updates than from the number of counters. Updating a metal counter won't be any harder to do/remember than updating the health counter, will it? Actually, I believe Nerjin has already forgotten to update scapheap's at least once.

Well I AM working on that. I've also misplaced people on the map, forgotten to edit their initiative bonus, cloak numbers, etc. etc.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 14, 2013, 11:00:57 am »

Action PM'ed.
AI1's action PM'ed.

Because you said to shoot either of them in the PM and since the distance was the same I flipped a coin.

Well, it was more like "shoot [GSF] if I can, otherwise shoot [LKE]", but it's no big deal.

Turns out I never really mentioned this to you guys. When you fire at anything but a straight line of squares I do A2+B2=C2 and then Square Root C to get how far away you are.

Getting fancy with the Euclideans, eh? I'll keep that in mind.

Um... I've been working on a weapon for that.

Figures. "Use the Force, Wyrmgold!"

Like I said this is a beta. If 2 turns ends up being too little I'll ramp it back up to 3. But you get the same exact option if you get killed so I figure it'll let people fight more often. I dunno. I'm just trying it out.

OK, fine.

Well I AM working on that. I've also misplaced people on the map, forgotten to edit their initiative bonus, cloak numbers, etc. etc.

:D :D :D YES AND THEN I HELPED YOU FIX IT. :D :D :D
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 69