Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Journey to the Black World [0/5]  (Read 1679 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Journey to the Black World [0/5]
« on: September 30, 2013, 01:57:15 am »

Welcome to the Hero Corps!

You and your team have been assigned to your first mission as an expedition party on the Black World. After 5 months of hard physical training, psychological conditioning, and spiritual protection, you are now ready to venture out to the Black World and protect mankind from the myriad monsters and creatures that plague it. You are to rendezvous with the Lance Corporal at the Hullbeck HQ before nightfall.

Spoiler: Setting/History (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RPG System (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Classes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Yo, Cheesecake here. This will most likely not live for long, and is mostly a test for the game mechanics, which I will use in other games if it works, and the setting. 5 players will be in, and you don't have to fulfill all 5 Classes. Updates will only be on weekends, excluding today and tomorrow. It will be more oriented to roleplay and world-building, so you can add to the game's history as you play along.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Journey to the Black World [0/5]
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 01:57:45 am »

Character List:
Spoiler: Jenna (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Confessor Zu (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kathryn Wellard (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arron Hansen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Larissa Kaydash (click to show/hide)

Waitlist:
Patrick Hunt
Xantalos

« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 07:35:06 am by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 02:37:54 am »

Reserving, sheet coming in about 2 hours.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 02:55:20 am »

Name: Jenna

Background:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Class: Black Knight, Heavy Weapon

Stats: [Change according to class]
HP: 120?
MP: 60?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 03:01:26 am »

Reserving a Black Knight.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 04:39:14 am »

Name: Confessor Zu

Class: Converter
HP: 50 HP
MP: 50 MP
Convert Ability: HP Regen.

Spoiler: Background (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 04:41:42 am by notquitethere »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 05:06:08 am »

Interesting...

Name: Kathryn Wellard

Spoiler: Background (click to show/hide)

Class: Sorcerer/Flame
Focal Item: Playing Card, Ace of Hearts ((could be hand or deck if it needs to be larger))
HP: 40
MP: 160

((Edit: Daaaah, one spot off. Taken by THREE reserves. <_< ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 05:18:36 am »

Don't worry, it's not first come first serve. (Plus one of those reserves is me.  :P)
Dying of laughter?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 05:36:18 am »

Don't worry, it's not first come first serve. (Plus one of those reserves is me.  :P)

You should just drop out of the game and let me play!

/clueless
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 05:49:36 am »

Name: Arron Hansen

Spoiler: background (click to show/hide)

Class: Sniper-Ranged
HP: 80
MP: 80

I maaaay have been playing hitman before making this character
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 06:03:48 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 06:02:21 am »

Range includes bows, arrows, guns, snipers etc. Ballistics refer to bombs, hand-held cannons, and grenades.
Dying of laughter?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 06:03:26 am »

ok cool, ranged it is (glad I asked, I thought it was separated into pre gunpowder an d post gunpowder), editing sheet
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 06:19:59 am »

We need one more, so either the reservees fill out the sheets or I'm taking the next one. (Yeah, cuz I wanna get this started.)
Dying of laughter?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 06:42:42 am »

Well - why not. I'm a sucker for this sort of thing.

Name: Larissa Kaydash
Class: Warrior
Choice: Barehanded Combat
HP: 150
MP: 0

Larissa is a bit on the small side, with a lean and athletic build, but more than compensates with attitude - she may not be stupid, but is still headstrong, unwilling to put in a lot of work and spirited to the point of foolish courage. Her pitch black hair is tied up in a ponytail to the back, and hangs loosely over her front in what was an accurate haircut two months ago, but it's not long enough to obscure her emerald eyes.
Usually, she wears a black tank top and wide pants for ease of movement, both worn out somewhat, sandals, and a jacket when not currently involved in fights. Her palms and soles are wrapped with bandages.

If one is a father, and the successor to a martial arts style with more than 1500 years of history, there is really only one path in life to send one's single daughter on. Thus, from early years on, West Kaydash made his little Larissa train and practice vigorously, day after day. But while little Larissa was a diligent model student, teenaged Larissa turned out a rebellious brat who did not see the wisdom in spending eight hours a day training with sweaty men - and since her father proved immovable on that issue, one day she simply ran away. Since she spent the next years mostly by getting into brawls and participating in several underground arenas, what she learned proved useful to her, ironically enough. These years have molded her style from what was once a very technical approach to a wild, improvised potpourri of all sorts of styles over immaculate martial arts fundamentals.

She mostly got into the RPG system because it paid well for beating things up. And she was good at beating things up.

She is very interested in magic as well and would love to incorporate it in her own style - although that's likely an idle dream, and the prospect of selling one's soul is not very attractive to her either.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 06:47:33 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2013, 07:33:32 am »

Chapter I: Black World

You and your team prepare yourselves for your first trip to the Black World. You gather around the circle in the dark room, sitting in predesignated areas set by the Black Wizard. The Wizard and his acolytes light the candles and begin chanting old words aloud from a large tome, so large it requires two acolytes to hold in front of the Wizard. The circle begins to glow eerily, and you feel raw power materializing through your veins; not the feeling of magic, but something even older. Your eyes close against your will, but you are still blinded by a searing white light.

The second your eyes open you gasp for air. You become disoriented after the RPG system is switched on; millions of bits of information directly rushing into your mind at once. You shiver, but after a while you calm down and begin checking on your systems. All the vital systems are fine, and soon the mission briefing pops up on the HUD. You and your team are to report to Hullbeck HQ and find Lance Corporal Michaelis. You get up and dust the dirt off your rags. You look around the landscape and find yourself in a strange land, where the sky is absolutely black, and only thanks to the RPG's flashlight are you able to see around you. The weather is bitingly cold, but the vitality systems report the temperature to be 26 degrees Celsius. The Wizard warned you about this; it cannot be avoided, as the cold is not physical nor magical in nature.

Your minimap indicates that you are in 5 kilometers from the main HQ, and you can see some tents and a fire up north, a round 200 m away. Next to you is a pile of weapons and armor, all according to your classes, as well as some elixirs and scrolls. Also there are 5 pouches, which your Menu tells is filled with gold. You hear snarls and growls nearby, but not close enough to be shown directly on your minimap. You all go and collect the gear from the pile:

Pile:
-x2 Leather Armor: 10 Armor Rating/ Mild Encumbrance
-x2 Cloth Robes: 4 Armor Rating/ No Encumbrance
-x1 Black Steelplate Armor: 15 Armor Rating/ Heavy Encumbrance

-x2 Dagger: 2d3 Damage
-x1 Unwieldy Sniper: 2d6 Damage/ Long Range
-x1 Zweihander: 3d6 Damage/ 50% Chance to Miss/ 50% Chance Crit
-x1 Ace of Spades: Sorcerer Focal Item
-x1 Converter: Convert HP and MP

-x5 Health Elixirs (S)
-x3 Mana Elixirs (S)
-x5 Gold Pouches: 50 GP each

-x1 Map Datapack

You check the Map Datapack. Apparently, there are two ways to get to the HQ. One is through a forest, dubbed New-Death Woods. It'll take longer, but it's been relatively cleared out. You estimate that it'll take you two to three hours to reach HQ from that route. Another route is through the Moaning Swamp. It is faster, taking you only an hour at most, but it hasn't been scouted out yet, so it hasn't been mapped out yet. Either way, nothing here will be incredibly lethal unless you act stupidly.

You also look at your teammates. You were not allowed to meet each other until this morning, and before that you all trained alone with trainers. You can see their names and classes, but an actual introduction never hurt anyone.

Spoiler: Jenna (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Confessor Zu (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kathryn Wellard (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arron Hansen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Larissa Kaydash (click to show/hide)
Dying of laughter?
Pages: [1] 2