Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: [IC Thread] Kurchil's Children - Day 2: A Rose-Gold Sky  (Read 18391 times)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
Re: [IC Thread] Kurchil's Children - Day 2: A Rose-Gold Sky
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2013, 04:54:56 pm »

Sofia bolted off of her stool, standing straight up, and reaching for her bow, which she got out, and got ready, pointing it in the direction of the fog.
"Turchin, do you see that?"
Ready my bow.

Turchin looked at the mist and he paled a bit but he tried to put on a bold face as he said, "I'm sure it's nothing, it's just fog, right?" He suddenly looked very intent on cleaning small bits of grime from his sword.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2013, 08:44:10 am »

Sofia narrowed her eyes at the fog.
"It isn't natural, dammit..."

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2013, 12:22:29 pm »

Sofia narrowed her eyes at the fog.
"It isn't natural, dammit..."
Turchin replied in a shaky tone, "You can do what you want, I'm not gonna traipse around in the mist."
My Area

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2013, 02:07:23 pm »

Sofia sighs.
"I'm not asking you to, just... waiting."

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2013, 03:17:39 pm »

Sofia sighs.
"I'm not asking you to, just... waiting."
Seeming unwilling to continue the conversation about the approach of the eerie fog, Turchin glanced up at it before shivering and looking down into his lap again.
My Area

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2013, 05:32:13 pm »

"Ah, I see..."
Nico gives a slight nod, scratching the back of his neck.
"Is that all you need me for? Or are there any other odd jobs you'd like done?"
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2013, 10:55:31 am »

"Ah, I see..."
Nico gives a slight nod, scratching the back of his neck.
"Is that all you need me for? Or are there any other odd jobs you'd like done?"

The old man replied, "I don't need much help here, with only my books. I know the man who owns the menagerie could always use some help. Anyway, for you assistance I'll give you 20 coppers. Should be enough to keep you at the inn for a while." as he handed Nico 20 copper coins.
My Area

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2013, 04:39:46 pm »

"Thank you kindly. With any luck, I'll probably be doing some more business with you later, but for the moment, good bye."

Nico takes the money and heads out, a slight smile on his face.
He then heads out to the lighthouse, planning to take a look around.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2013, 01:53:53 am »

You never get ahead in life helping others for nothing in return.

Kassen sizes up the men. Do they appear very strong? What are they wearing? Do they have weapons? More importantly, did they have coin pouches? Kassen wouldn't usually consider killing someone unless justified or sufficiently desperate. He wasn't desperate, at the moment, but protecting a weakling from bandits was a good enough excuse to draw blood. It is what his people would call a 'Dim echt moore', a lawful killing. Something of a misnomer, for there are very few laws among desert nomads. Still, there was a kind of honour among his kind, not to kill another unless justified. Much of the time, a killing is justified if times are desperate. A clanless nomad with no wealth can kill pretty much anyone he comes across. This would not forfeit his 'honour', but it gave anyone else in the area a dim echt moore on him.

In this situation, attacking these men would be completely justified. But that's not the main concern. Is it really worth the risk? To determine that, Kassen would have to take a closer look at the attackers.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2013, 09:43:52 am »

You never get ahead in life helping others for nothing in return.

Kassen sizes up the men. Do they appear very strong? What are they wearing? Do they have weapons? More importantly, did they have coin pouches? Kassen wouldn't usually consider killing someone unless justified or sufficiently desperate. He wasn't desperate, at the moment, but protecting a weakling from bandits was a good enough excuse to draw blood. It is what his people would call a 'Dim echt moore', a lawful killing. Something of a misnomer, for there are very few laws among desert nomads. Still, there was a kind of honour among his kind, not to kill another unless justified. Much of the time, a killing is justified if times are desperate. A clanless nomad with no wealth can kill pretty much anyone he comes across. This would not forfeit his 'honour', but it gave anyone else in the area a dim echt moore on him.

In this situation, attacking these men would be completely justified. But that's not the main concern. Is it really worth the risk? To determine that, Kassen would have to take a closer look at the attackers.

Sizing up his opponents, Kassen saw in front of him two men of slightly above average musculature. Both had slightly curved knives in their hands, and one had a crossbow on his back. They wore nothing more protective than cloth tunics as far as Kassen could see. He couldn't see any obvious coin pouches, but that didn't rule out the possibility that they might be somewhere within the men's clothing.
My Area

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2013, 11:38:23 pm »

Kassen weighed his options. He was fairly confident he could kill, or at least route these men. But he needed to kill to get anything worthwhile out of them.

With the thought of loot on his mind, Kassen attempts to sneak up to the men and, once in pouncing range, kill one, by stabbing in the back or slitting his throat, with little regard for the woman's safety.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2013, 12:31:09 am »

Kassen attempts to sneak up to the men and, once in pouncing range, kill one, by stabbing in the back or slitting his throat, with little regard for the woman's safety.
(5 for sneaking) Kassen gestures for the woman to say nothing of his presence, but even she doesn't notice him. Taking advantage of this opportunity, he snuck up directly behind the man with the crossbow, which appeared to be the most threatening weapon in play.
(Hit chance = 82 (10 bonus from sneaking)) (36, 6)
Kassen quickly lunged at his target, giving a wild slash at his throat. This resulted in a deep cut across the woman's arm, but also severed both of the man's jugulars, resulting in a quick death. As the woman reeled away in pain and the man fell to the ground, the second man took a wild slash at Kassen. (Hit chance = 56) (27, 2) However, he only managed to draw his dagger along the hand Kassen weld his own in, resulting in what amounted to little more than a scratch, especially to a Serpen.
My Area

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2013, 07:33:55 am »

Kassen emits a guttural coughing sound, then a screech to intimidate the foe, before attempting to stab the man.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2013, 10:08:24 am »

Kassen emits a guttural coughing sound, then a screech to intimidate the foe, before attempting to stab the man.
(29, 5) Kassen leapt towards the man, stabbing him twice in the gut as the ferocity of his attack knocked the assailant over. The man lay on the ground, slowly bleeding out and incapable of much movement.
My Area

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2013, 01:27:32 am »

"Tlem win Nole, Mercy and Sand, my enemy," the serpen intones as he slits the mans throat, ensuring a quick death, and an end to his pain. Kassen then looks up to the woman.

"You are saved from bad men now. Take a blade and be more safely," he says as he hands her one of the men's knives. If she's not in the mood to talk, if she leaves, or if she's already gone, Kassen loots the bodies, taking anything metal, any food, any water, and any holy symbols or trinkets he might suspect are religious in nature.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8