Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 48

Author Topic: Bay12 Viralstone watch: Koreathred pls no bully  (Read 71134 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Ebolastone watch: Possible international outbreak
« Reply #465 on: October 06, 2014, 06:58:01 pm »

'Muhrica
'Muhrican
You, good sir, are clearly the first victim of Ebolazombieitis, due to the fact you seem to be moaning instead of pronouncing the first syllable of "America" correctly.

Quarantine!
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 06, 2014, 07:00:08 pm »

Then there was that camelflu thing. Still though, as bad as the flu is or that camel respiratory virus was, Ebola is even worse, hell, theres worries that it could mutate and attain the ability to be spread airborne.

Also, apparently a flight to Newark got quarrantined over an Ebola scare. How about we just stop all flights from the affected areas?

As entertaining as the zombie derail is, I think the whole zombie thing is stupid. This is supposed to be a serious thread, mostly.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #467 on: October 06, 2014, 07:00:44 pm »

"muuuurica"
"braaaains"

Hrm. I guess they do sound very similar.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 06, 2014, 07:04:00 pm »

"muuuurica"
"braaaains"

Hrm. I guess they do sound very similar.

*stabs a straw into the orange wizard and sucks the brains out*

Actually wait, would that be more like a vampire than a zombie? lol

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #469 on: October 06, 2014, 07:38:36 pm »

*stabs a straw into the orange wizard and sucks the brains out*

Actually wait, would that be more like a vampire than a zombie? lol
There's no brain in there, only pith. But maybe if you stab deeply enough, you'll encounter some sweet orangey flesh.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 07, 2014, 03:07:38 am »

You must make more preparations friend, the ebolabat will get you at this rate. Myself I accept my doom, but there is yet hope for the land of freedoom.
Maybe I have extensive ebola bat preparations. Maybe I'm just trying to give my neighbors the best chance of taking down zombies if they insist on running about town anyway, to make it easier to follow through with my TRUE PLANS. >.>     <.<
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 07, 2014, 03:14:15 am »

I'm betting that this will probably go the same way as swine 'flu and bird 'flu. Giant 'Oh god we're fucked' from the media, then a very sudden 'Huh? What do you mean bird and swine 'flu?'
It wasn't yellow journalism, and you shouldn't take a boy who cried wolf attitude about those examples.

They made a big deal out of it, because they held the potential to be major killers, but both turned out to have one piece of a two piece puzzle. Swine flu was enormously contagious, compared to normal flu. And bird flu was enormously damaging to those who got it, but they didn't have both at once. We didn't know for sure that would be the case. and Next time, it might not be. A flu that has both is no fantasy -- we already had one that killed hundreds of millions of people...

How about we just stop all flights from the affected areas?
Because it would be hugely economically damaging and ridiculous to lose billions of dollars in trade just to stop a couple people from getting an easily containable disease that poses no significant threat to America. Not to mention that cutting off American contact would further destabilize the regions affected and could only possibly fan the flames of the African outbreak and end up possibly INCREASING our chances of people getting sick here by making it harder to contain in a reasonable timeframe.

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #472 on: October 07, 2014, 05:05:19 am »

*shrug*

Regardless I'd stick with a shotgun. Preferably an AA-12 due to the high ammo capacity, ease of reloading and ability to go fully automatic. It's also pretty damn durable.
I've said it once and I'll say it again - DUAL WIELDING

Also, there is no escaping survivor Serbs.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Why yes, I very much approve of this response to my post.

/offtopic
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

K41N

• Bay Watcher
  • only posts when bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 07, 2014, 06:51:59 am »

I haven't read about this in this thread yet, but apparently germany cured it's first imported ebola patient on friday.

http://www.spiegel.de/gesundheit/diagnose/ebola-patient-geheilt-aus-uni-klinik-uke-in-hamburg-entlassen-a-995346.html

(source is in german, sorry for that)

So, there is hope that we will not run into an apocalyptic scenario xD

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 07, 2014, 09:55:33 am »

What hell even happened to SARS?

It just kinda....went away
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 07, 2014, 09:59:58 am »

We've had both before. Look up SARS.

EDIT: I assume you're on about Spanish 'Flu. Healthcare wasn't as good back then, nor was quarantine AND the war helped spread it a lot more. Without the war it'd have been nowhere NEAR as deadly.

It also wasn't possible in 1918 for someone to travel anywhere in the world within twenty-four hours of setting out.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 07, 2014, 01:20:34 pm »

Perhaps a new Spanish flu would be somewhat less deadly, but so what? Even 1/10 as deadly is still millions and millions of people dead.  Considering people flip their shit about killer porpoises on the loose, etc. all the rest of the time, things like swine and avian flu are much much more worthy things to actually be concerned about that whatever else people would probably be worrying about instead.

(Now, if we can get people to flip out about obsesity more instead, then by all means switch to that, but doesn't seem to be working very well)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 07, 2014, 04:44:25 pm »

Perhaps a new Spanish flu would be somewhat less deadly, but so what? Even 1/10 as deadly is still millions and millions of people dead.  Considering people flip their shit about killer porpoises on the loose, etc. all the rest of the time, things like swine and avian flu are much much more worthy things to actually be concerned about that whatever else people would probably be worrying about instead.

(Now, if we can get people to flip out about obsesity more instead, then by all means switch to that, but doesn't seem to be working very well)
(maybe we should try to promote studies linking obesity to autism... after all, that works for anti-vaxxers.)
._.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 07, 2014, 07:16:49 pm »

That's a pretty cheap shot, Sergarr, and kind of uncalled for.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 08, 2014, 10:24:40 am »

Yeah it was a rather cheap shot sergarr.

Anyways, the Texas patient has died.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 48