Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 48

Author Topic: Bay12 Viralstone watch: Koreathred pls no bully  (Read 71162 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Bay12 Ebolastone watch: Possible international outbreak
« Reply #360 on: October 01, 2014, 07:57:29 am »

I like how Ebolabat is now a recognised concept.

What the countries really need is some economic growth and governments that are worth a damn.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 01, 2014, 08:37:53 am »

I don't think that an education would help, LSP. There's plenty of starving people there.
Education is the first thing we need. If everybody knew the scientific details of Ebola we'd be seeing almost zero infections.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 01, 2014, 10:56:46 am »

I don't know. Nowadays everyone is or should be at least dimly aware of the link between cancer and smoking. Yet people still smoke. Even health professionals that should know better.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 01, 2014, 11:25:10 am »

All it takes is one ebolabat...

Next thing you know there's gonna be E-Bolabats.
Now I'm imagining two bats tied together by a rope that you throw at people.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 01, 2014, 11:26:12 am »

All it takes is one ebolabat...

Next thing you know there's gonna be E-Bolabats.
Now I'm imagining two bats tied together by a rope that you throw at people.

cut them until they bleed and then throw the lot

biological warfare was never this easy

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 01, 2014, 11:40:07 am »

I don't think that an education would help, LSP. There's plenty of starving people there.
Education is the first thing we need. If everybody knew the scientific details of Ebola we'd be seeing almost zero infections.

Yeah, that's why all these doctors and nurses treating Ebola patient keep dying, because they don't know jack shit.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 01, 2014, 12:39:26 pm »

Less culturally imperialist than... meatily imperialist? I guess? From what I understand of meat, just due to what bushmeat tends to be -- the type of animals, and how they live/what they eat -- the meat trends toward being on the lower range of delicious flesh quality, compared to your average farm grown stuff or whatev'.

ayyyyyy

are you saying that meat farms are in any shape or form superior to ebolabat

the only reason meat farms are not ebolabat is because they spray fucking everything with so many antibiotics i recall who shouting "pls no"

give them a knowledge of virology to the measure of "hey guys catching bats is not a good fucking idea" it's not like poor people don't keep away from poisonous shit if they very well know it's poisonous don't they
Well, to be fair, it used to be true in the West as well.  Pigeon pies are much harder to find nowadays then they used to be, and rat in the West has gone the way of "traditional food" - I'm not sure I've ever seen a rat paella.  Education is all and good, but others have already pointed out the issues in that education alone isn't enough.  It is entirely true that ready access to mass-produced, safer (as you yourself say), and above all, inexpensive meats - regardless of which meats those are, or how those meats are produced - will reduce the consumption of bushmeat and have positive effects on Ebola transmission from wild animals to humans, which is not a bad thing. 

((Of course, that said, just because we don't actually eat it doesn't mean we don't make the occasional joke about dog-meat and emergency food supplies.))

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 01, 2014, 12:47:10 pm »

Yeah, that's why all these doctors and nurses treating Ebola patient keep dying, because they don't know jack shit.
Don't give me that shit. You know full well their infection rates are from voluntary exposure to people with symptoms on the level of bloody projectile vomit. But the civilian populace, the ones actually driving the infection, would be much better off if not for misinformation and paranoia regarding the disease. If they had knowledge comparable to that of the medical workers, this would already be over because they wouldn't be doing things like attacking the body-disposers and rubbing their hands on their dead Ebola-saturated relatives.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #368 on: October 01, 2014, 05:38:55 pm »

Trying to sum up what Africa needs in a sentence is a task whose energy is better spent fighting ebolabat.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 02, 2014, 03:41:28 am »

Trying to sum up what Africa needs in a sentence is a task whose energy is better spent fighting ebolabat.
Stop oppressing ebolabat, shitlord!!1
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 02, 2014, 04:20:18 am »

Please. Ebolabats are still an existent species. Any oppression to date has been solely incidental. We have not yet begun to oppress ebolabats. You will know when we start when they go extinct.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #371 on: October 02, 2014, 04:50:48 am »

I still favour blowing up the Ebola Kingdoms and starting over.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #372 on: October 02, 2014, 01:51:29 pm »

Please. Ebolabats are still an existent species. Any oppression to date has been solely incidental. We have not yet begun to oppress ebolabats. You will know when we start when they go extinct.
Are you seriously suggesting endemic cleansing of ebolabat? You disgust me.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 02, 2014, 01:52:39 pm »

what we need to do is introduce these poor, disparaged against ebolabats into modern society by giving them a level playing field

affirmative action for ebolabat when

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 02, 2014, 07:11:33 pm »

Ebolabatman when
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 48