Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 48

Author Topic: Bay12 Viralstone watch: Koreathred pls no bully  (Read 71204 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Ebolastone watch: Possible international outbreak
« Reply #300 on: September 15, 2014, 02:37:13 pm »

I take it that none of the death cult actually have, or are in a position to get nuclear.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #301 on: September 15, 2014, 02:44:06 pm »

I take it that none of the death cult actually have, or are in a position to get nuclear.
So far they are merely spreading tips on how to extract blood from themselves to burn and some other shit. The worst possible outcome would be a zealous member of the death cult getting infected and seeking to hasten the spread of ebola in the Western world. Out of all the cultists it's certainly possible there'd be one such possible, though this is currently not the case. They have begun inscribing sigils with blood though and I do wonder how much of what they do is intended to cause people in the Western world to fear the death cult because it's funny or how much is down to ebola chan dedication.
I have seen many various opinions on ebola chan, ranging from "satire at western obsession with death" to "TAKE WING EBOLA CHAN." It's certainly a weird occurrence.

*EDIT
To their credit the death cult seem pretty sane, at least as far as self-preservation goes. The only thing to fear truly is if a Chris-Chan type Anon takes things seriously and like those girls who stabbed people to death over slenderman, make fantasy into a reality.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 03:03:44 pm by Loud Whispers »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 15, 2014, 02:45:31 pm »

If ever there was a crucible for the worst qualities of mankind, it would be found in reddit and 4chan.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 17, 2014, 12:39:16 am »

If ever there was a crucible for the worst qualities of mankind, it would be found in reddit and 4chan.
Every once in awhile, the best come out as well. Anyway, if /pol/ keeps this up with ebola-chan we may soon have a visit from Papa Nurgle.

And to that, I say...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 17, 2014, 02:05:50 am »

Chaos cultists on the rise! Somebody call the Inquisition!
._.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 17, 2014, 08:40:15 am »

An actual fucking death cult centered around anthropomorphized ebola. I was afraid I'd find this when I saw the thread update.

Yes, yes, I think that's enough internet for....ever.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 17, 2014, 09:26:51 am »

If ever there was a crucible for the worst qualities of mankind, it would be found in reddit.
FTFY

they're probably just taking a joke too far tbh.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 17, 2014, 04:12:32 pm »

If ever there was a crucible for the worst qualities of mankind, it would be found in reddit.
FTFY

they're probably just taking a joke too far tbh.
>yfw the Chaos Gods are waking up
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #308 on: September 19, 2014, 04:05:10 pm »

Wanting to make sure the Western world doesn't hold a monopoly on idiocy and insanity, a health team have been murdered by Guineans in cold blood, hacked and clubbed to death with machetes and clubs.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #309 on: September 24, 2014, 12:01:11 pm »

About Yellowstone, how much bigger is the eruption predicted to be compared to Tambola?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 24, 2014, 12:25:10 pm »

Seems kinda' hard to compare, looking at the different wiki pages. It's worth noting that one of the formative supereruptions dropped ash a full 300km further than Tambola.

Wait, wait. Read more, no. There's a comparison. Tambola was a VEI-7, which means it put out ~100km3 of ejected material. The last yellowstone eruption put out about ten times that (estimated at around 1000km3).

So, if there's an equivalent eruption, you'd be looking at something roughly ten times as big as Tambola.

I.e. North America (and, thanks to all that lovely ash, to say nothing about the USA and Canada disappearing overnight, probably most of the rest of the world) is straight up fucked. GG, no re, Gaia wins, suck it jumped up monkeys, etc., so forth, so on.

Bright side, the volcanologists apparently think it's not likely to megaexplode any time soon. Maybe a littler boom (or oozey grande), but no big boom.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 24, 2014, 12:25:59 pm »

Yeah, For reference here's a picture of the geographic residue from past eruptions of the yellowstone caldera:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 24, 2014, 12:34:35 pm »

However, the Yellowstone hotspots moves, and, IIRC, between the last few explosions and now it moved into a different geological landscape (softer rock). This would result in a reduction in pressure before the volcano erupts, resulting in a faster, but much less powerful eruption.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 24, 2014, 12:37:25 pm »

I've always wondered if it was possible to just kind of poke a hole in there and just regularly let out a bit of pressure until it's no longer a threat.

Kind of what you do with coke bottles that have been shaken too much.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 24, 2014, 12:45:58 pm »

That would work.

Problem is that about the only way you could poke a hole is a Civilian Nuclear Detonation, which tend to be unpopular. Can also be used to disable earthquakes.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 48