Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: [OOC Thread] Kurchil's Children (Fantasy RP-RTD) [Waitlist Forming]  (Read 9722 times)

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
Re: [OOC Thread] Kurchil's Children (Fantasy RP-RTD) [Waitlist Forming]
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2013, 03:57:41 pm »

Do you think I should copy and paste what you write into my descriptions of your character's turn? I will for all conversation, but I'm not sure what I should do for your descriptions preceding your actions. I think you're writing is really good, I'm just struggling with whether or not copying it would make reading your turn seem redundant.

I'm doing my best to base everything I write off of your detailed descriptions. I think for this turn (which will be posted soon) I'll try copying what you wrote into the turn, and we'll see how that feels.

To tell the truth, I kinda like seeing how you interpret my character, and how you show his actions. I'll leave it up to you, but as long as you don't do anything too crazy, I'm fine with you dictating some flavour actions. Like the clutching of the totem, that was a nice touch.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2013, 04:02:28 pm »

To tell the truth, I kinda like seeing how you interpret my character, and how you show his actions. I'll leave it up to you, but as long as you don't do anything too crazy, I'm fine with you dictating some flavour actions. Like the clutching of the totem, that was a nice touch.

Then I'll keep doing what I had been. Thanks for the feedback. :)
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2013, 01:59:30 pm »

What do you think of this as a way of dealing with charisma.

When you take a complex action your roll is a d6 + 100*(Cha-10)/6 for a +1 bonus, at least up till sixteen. I'm not sure I wanna give +2 bonuses, so I might do something like at 18 all natural charsima rolls of 6 lose any overkill effect or something.
My Area

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2013, 01:33:09 am »

Sounds fine to me, we should see how it plays out.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2013, 12:26:54 pm »

(( I don't think pausing the game every time somebody stops to talk is going to work. ))
I understand that posts in between turns can be distracting/less than ideal. However, there are several reasons that I'd prefer to do it this way, which really all boil down to there not being a good alternative. Here are the other possibilities I can see:
  • No dialogue - This will not happen, this game was introduced as having strong RP elements, and that has to include player/environment dialogue
  • I write all dialogue - This also will not happen, not only because other members of this game oppose it, but also because it amounts to taking away player/environment dialogue. If I wanted to write a book, I'd do that. What I want to do is create an environment for player driven character development. That means player written dialogue.
  • Players ask all questions/put all of their dialogue in one post - This seems terrible for RP and incredibly chaotic, gives player no chance to reply to anything said by NPC, and really amounts to a monologue.
  • Players PM with me about dialogue - While this is a better option than the others, it is only better because it is in essence no different from the way I am doing it right now. It would still amount to the same amount of time between updates, just less posts on the actual thread.

If you, or anyone else, can see an alternative that I have missed I'd be happy to consider it, or if you think that I have performed faulty cost/benefit analysis.
My Area

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2013, 08:43:07 pm »

I think as long as the player in question is posting quickly, there is no problem. Though I would suggest to my fellow players to cut all needless dialogue out when everyone's waiting on you.

Also, will I get to find a shop next turn? All I did this turn is talk to the priest. I promise to be concise!

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2013, 11:12:41 pm »

I think as long as the player in question is posting quickly, there is no problem. Though I would suggest to my fellow players to cut all needless dialogue out when everyone's waiting on you.

Also, will I get to find a shop next turn? All I did this turn is talk to the priest. I promise to be concise!

I put you at the shop, and already gave you one relevant piece of information, but you can talk to the guy as much as you'd like. I know this last conversation took a while, but it helped me set up a direction for wolfchild, which was important.
My Area

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2013, 01:31:07 am »

I'm gonna try to update tomorrow if I have time, but if I don't then there won't be an update until Monday night. Sorry guys, busy weekend.
My Area

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2013, 04:00:26 pm »

Bamp?

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2013, 08:44:31 am »

I'm still alive! I'm going to for sure update today. Working on updating other game atm, then I'll do this one.
My Area

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2013, 06:06:27 pm »

I'll plan on updating Sunday night. Hopefully Silcugar will have posted by then, but we can only wait so long.
My Area

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2013, 01:34:02 am »

Oops, sorry mate. I didn't see the update! My bad.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2013, 08:43:36 am »

Oops, sorry mate. I didn't see the update! My bad.
No need to apologize! That's fine. I didn't want to make you feel guilty or anything.

By the way, for your latest post I'll give a description of the men before the full update so you can decide what you want to do. (no point in having your character look at them for four hours.)
My Area

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2013, 11:40:06 pm »

Sorry about that. It's hard for me to post on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, as I work most of the day during that time. I will try to get my turn over with as quickly as possible.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2013, 12:32:41 am »

Sorry about that. It's hard for me to post on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, as I work most of the day during that time. I will try to get my turn over with as quickly as possible.
It's fine, from my viewpoint at least. I view this RtD as being much more about quality than quantity, I'm willing to wait for quite a while between posts to give players the time they need.
My Area

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6