Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Yggdrasil - semi-illustrated 4P RPG - The Sodden Paths  (Read 7296 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Yggdrasil - semi-illustrated 4P RPG - The Sodden Paths
« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2013, 08:47:00 am »

Stay silent and watch the groups backs.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 13, 2013, 09:15:03 am »

Well, I guess every bodies gotta eat. What about you. Do you eat like we do or do you do that thing the alchemists call photo-something whatever?
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2013, 10:45:18 am »

Well, I guess every bodies gotta eat. What about you. Do you eat like we do or do you do that thing the alchemists call photo-something whatever?
Twistroot:"Nah. Back in my walking days before I was bound I used to kill things and let 'em rot into the soil, eat 'em that way. Now I have to make do on what I can suck up from the swamp. Unless, of course, you'd do me a favour and die right next to me here. No? Thought not. Ungrateful lot you are."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2013, 11:04:05 am »

"Well maybe we could kill some animals and let them sink into the soil here for you?"
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2013, 11:05:58 am »

'How about before we start bargaining we ask our friend what this place is?'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2013, 11:07:07 am »

"That sounds like a wise idea to me."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2013, 11:39:11 am »

'How about before we start bargaining we ask our friend what this place is?'
Twistroot:"This place? This is a temple of the six. I got sealed here a long time ago."
Seemingly from memory, the tree-thing recites the six gods.
"Bastia, she of fortresses and fidelity. Soldiers prayed to her to keep their shields strong... and their wives faithful.
Karn, he of beasts and blood. Beastkin say Karn made them from man as a blessing. Man says he made beastkin from them as a curse.
Andos, he of adventurers and ancient times. At least some of you seem to remember the old ways. Four was a sacred number to Andos.
Zuk, she of stone and sickness. Each of these stones? A prayer to Zuk engraved in each. She doesn't seem to have protected it, though.
Granu, she of colours and copper. The gentle librarian, clothed in all colours and bands of copper. She didn't deserve her fate.
The Forgotten, he who none but his fellow gods knew his domain, bound in to the heart of Yggdrasil for his treachery."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 14, 2013, 01:25:14 pm »

'Blood and adventures? Suits me just fine. But as for The Forgotten, maybe we'll find out.'
Vulpa chuckled.
'Anyway, I'm going to have a quick glance around.'
Examine the area, especially the altar, in more detail.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 14, 2013, 06:58:40 pm »

'Blood and adventures? Suits me just fine. But as for The Forgotten, maybe we'll find out.'
Vulpa chuckled.
'Anyway, I'm going to have a quick glance around.'
Examine the area, especially the altar, in more detail.
Twistroot:"Some things were meant to be locked beneath roots. You mortals were always so curious."

You inspect the altar. Seemingly a single shaped block of stone, it once had elegant carvings and inscriptions. It's clear this isn't the same stone as the rest of the church: it's a remarkable rock, with bands of various colours swimming through it, though it's now rough and pitted. Four clear indentations once held something, though if it was anything valuable it'll long have been picked clean by the adventurers going through here. You notice a small, thin slit in the top of the altar. You feel the old patterns with your paw, tracing a representation of Yggdrasil - six branches, and 6 roots, sinking deep into a disk you assume represents the land. The six branches and the six roots each have a different symbol next to them, though you can't read them. On the other side is what looks like a prayer, probably to Zuk like the spriggan mentioned earlier.

The floors slabs are ground down, laced with plant life and stagnant pools of water. Any order they once had is broken by the swamps. You make out a similar passage to the altar engraved on each.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 14, 2013, 07:10:29 pm »

Bekter looks around impatiently huffing and sighing a lot.
Caine's law.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 15, 2013, 11:37:29 am »

Having made sure i have nothing that will fit the slit, check what's outside the temple.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 15, 2013, 12:32:33 pm »

Having made sure i have nothing that will fit the slit, check what's outside the temple.
You poke at the slit with your cutlass. A coin might fit, but to what end you don't know.
There are two exits to the temple, not including the gate: north and south. Bekter wanders up next to you, looking very bored. Obviously he's not feeling talkative to the tree man. The others remain standing near Twistroot.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 09:49:09 am by GiglameshDespair »

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 16, 2013, 07:20:32 pm »

"We'll be on our way, I guess. Try to not let the termites get a hold of you.
Take the north exit
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 16, 2013, 07:21:43 pm »

Take the north exit.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 16, 2013, 07:36:29 pm »

Follow
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9