Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Yggdrasil - semi-illustrated 4P RPG - The Sodden Paths  (Read 7308 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Yggdrasil - semi-illustrated 4P RPG - Full! Recruiting for waitlist
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2013, 10:14:14 am »

UltraValican, you have 8 skill points remaining.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Re: Yggdrasil - semi-illustrated 4P RPG - Recruiting!
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2013, 10:20:04 am »

UltraValican, you have 8 skill points remaining.
You know what, I completlly misunderstood the way points work
Spoiler: New Sheet (click to show/hide)
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2013, 11:29:16 am »

NOTE: Mouse over abilities, weapons, and armour in the inventory to reveal their stats: Example

“Now these four folks, through their paths in life, ended up in a poleboat, bein' steered down into the swamps towards Copperburg, a outpost for Adventurers before the Yggdrasil labyrinths started proper. They hadn't spoke much: just enough to know each other's names. The boat slowed to a halt by a sodden bank of earth.

There was Zebul, a fat man with a mean streak to 'im. Coulda been a bandit, if things turned out differently. Now he had an old helmet and a big axe, and both would be put to good use. Beastfolk had got his parents, and now he was workin' with two of them. Funny how things turn out.

Name: Zebul
Spoiler: stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

There was Bekter, a panther beastkin. Sharp claws and optimism, that was him; we'll see if that youthful hope can last. Believed himself invincible, as all the young and bold do, but foolishness is often mistaken for bravery.

Bekter.

The fair and - heh - foxy lady of the group, Vulpa was a captain with a fancy hat and no ship. Her last crew were drowned on the coast, so let's hope this one has a bit better luck. She had a sharp cutlass, a pistol, and a head full o' shanties.

Vulpa Edge

Last, a frail old man with some nice robes. Eleron, that's the name, and he had a inkling of hexes, brewery, and alchemy, and a fine singing voice. Hadn't said much about himself on the way, but his mind was sharp as Zebul's axe.

Name: Elerous

“This is your stop,' The ferryman said, a grin on his face. The adventurers looked around in confusion. No town in sight.
'This is a test all you adventurin' folks go through. Get to town through the Sodden Paths. You don't get through, you weren't cut out for the job. It ain't an easy thing, adventurin'. Come on, now, off my boat. I don't wanna spend to long here, or the swamp hags get curious.'
Now the adventurers didn't have much choice, did they? Either take the Sodden Paths or go straight back. They got out, and breathed deep in the scent of mud and swamp, like spoiled barley on a heap of manure. Something cackled in the water, and it didn't sound so friendly. The polemen waved merrily and cast off. The only way out now was through.”

Your party is on a island in the midst of the Sodden Path Swamp, facing north. The ground is sodden mud, sprouting with moss and ancient stone slabs. The occasional piece of metal, rusted to worthlessness, sticks from the ground. A skull is half sunken in the saturated soil. A thin path to the north leads to several smaller islands. To your right you can see the remains of an old tower and a stone wall jutting from the swamp water like broken teeth. There's another island behind the old wall, but the wall blocks most of your view. The water is brown and thick with greenish scum: you don't think it's be safe to swim. The water occasionally bubbles, as if something – or somethings – were lurking beneath the surface. The ferryman has already disappeared further down the turgid mass that is the river.

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)

Notes: Unless you're in combat, feel free to say more abstract actions like 'go to the next island'. There's no 'speech' value: what you say is what effect you have! You actions also matter. Doesn't matter how good a public speaker you are, the mayor won't like it if you're also stamping on his prize petunias while doing so.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2013, 11:43:52 am »

'So lads, what brings you here, odd crew that we are? The name's Vulpa. If that's too much for ya to get your tongues round, cap'n always works. But come, let's walk and talk.'

An odd crew indeed. A brute, an old man and a panther beastkin. Those were rather a rare sight, at least at the ports Vulpa had sailed through. Her hand tightened on the handle of her pistol as she walked. And if any of them tried anything, she'd be ready.

Head towards the chest for now.

((The orange isn't too hard to read is it?))

((EDIT: How do action points work? how many do we have/need for actions?))
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 11:54:03 am by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2013, 11:52:17 am »

((It's fine to me.))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2013, 11:55:14 am »

((Also, how do action points work? How many do we have/need for actions?

Was in edit, but ninja'd without warning :/ ))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2013, 12:01:39 pm »

Everyone has 6 AP + Agility/2, rounded down. So 3 Agility means you have 7 AP, and 4 Agility means you have 8AP. A basic attack is 3AP. To use an ability is 4AP. You can travel up to two squares with 1 AP. Talking is a free action. This may change depending how it works out, but this is a rough guide.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2013, 12:08:37 pm »

Travel towards flower. If possible, take flower.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2013, 12:17:05 pm »

"The name's Zebul. Nuttin, odd 'bout me I suppose. I'm just another bum hoping to strike it rich up there. What 'bout you "cap'n", I thought pirates searched for death on the sea's not in the tree?"
Zebul felt uneasy, he was trusting his life to some beastfolk.  He didn't hate beastfolk, exactly. They just made him feel very uneasy. It didn't help that these two looked like  natural killers. Then again, so did he.

He turns towards the old man

What 'bout you old timer, shouldn't you be telling tales to your grandkids right now? It would be a shame for such a long life to be cut short by a monster's claws.
Head towards the chest, but keep your eyes out for anything suspicious

Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2013, 12:23:16 pm »

'Just 'cause I'm a captain doesn't make me a pirate. In the navy of Arrasul. Storm blew us straight from port down to the shores near Copperburg. Wrecked my ship, and killed my crew.' Vulpa paused for a moment.
 'But yeah, here I am. You'd be amazed how well a fox can swim.' She laughed.

Sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2013, 12:49:10 pm »

Bekter looks at the group for a moment then shrugs and follows them listening to them talk silently.

Follow the group.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2013, 12:53:06 pm »

'Hey, panther. Don't be shy. I at least don't bite. Well, not often. Anyway, come on. What's your story?'

Sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2013, 01:10:00 pm »

" No story, I was bored so I decided to have some fun."
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2013, 01:13:53 pm »

'I don't buy it. But I'll let it lie for now.' Vulpa winks at Bekter, but swiftly continues walking.

Sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2013, 01:29:08 pm »

" Think what you like, when I get bored I look for something fun to do. "
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9