Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Can Dwarven Wine Freeze?  (Read 1999 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Can Dwarven Wine Freeze?
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2013, 04:31:22 pm »

Alcohol has never needed water, only a barrel or pot plus a brewable item.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

VoidedWarranty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, 05:43:13 pm »

I am using the most recent version, but I am pretty sure It was just the number of barrels.
PS: Great avatar, Sutremaine!

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2013, 06:20:45 pm »

Thanks.

Totally off topic, but why does it look all blurry all of a sudden? I checked the imageshack link and that one's blurry too...
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2013, 06:24:13 pm »

Thanks.

Totally off topic, but why does it look all blurry all of a sudden? I checked the imageshack link and that one's blurry too...

Looks fine now, I think.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2013, 12:35:10 am »

Just so you know, the stockpile screen accounts for ALL booze on the map.

So, if some merchants came by and died, they may have dropped all their goodies on the ground, such as 60 units worth of forbidden booze.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2013, 05:12:44 am »

The stocks only count unforbidden booze - just forbid one type of booze in the stocks screen, escape to the normal game window and consult stocks again and you'll see quite a bit of less booze listed (you need to escape all the way out of the "z" screens, the main status screen doesn't update properly while you're in "z" mode).

Of course, merchants' booze will be unforbidden automatically, because it's not considered their true property and thus doesn't get covered by "forbid on death" settings. Inaccessible booze will also be listed on the main status screen (had a lot of fun with a dehydration situation when 60 units of underwater booze were still listed in the stocks).

Tarqiup Inua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2013, 08:30:21 am »

I imagine keeping drinks in nether-cap barrels should (ironically) prevent the alcohol from freezing as nether-cap has fixed temperature... not sure, though.
Nuri al-Gnat - dwarven apidologist
notable works: al-Gnat's test (for determining the child snatcher's ability to pass undetected while getting stung by bees... or at least look human while at it)
Pages: 1 [2]