Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The Most Rediculous Forgotten Beast Ever  (Read 11032 times)

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
Re: The Most Rediculous Forgotten Beast Ever
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2013, 07:52:22 am »

I once faced a giant, winged humanoid comprised of pitchblende. It was horrifying.

No special abilities, but do you realize how heavy pitchblende is? I engaged it in the caverns with hammerdwarfs (I didn't know how to military back then) and its every blow send them flying into nearby stalagmites, where they proceeded to explode and shower my fleeing dwarfs with bodyparts.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2013, 08:15:19 am »

I once faced a giant, winged humanoid comprised of pitchblende. It was horrifying.

No special abilities, but do you realize how heavy pitchblende is? I engaged it in the caverns with hammerdwarfs (I didn't know how to military back then) and its every blow send them flying into nearby stalagmites, where they proceeded to explode and shower my fleeing dwarfs with bodyparts.

At least pitchblende isn't radioactive yet.

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2013, 01:14:28 pm »

My worst was a "Towering quadruped composed of green glass, it has a short trunk, and undulates rhythmically or some such, beware its deadly dust!"

Green glass elephants are hard to kill. I didn't lose to many dwarves though, the elites mostly withdrew, only the the cannon fodder got truly slaughtered though one of them did manage to sever its trunk before he died. (ofc the elites had been savaged by a fire breathing fire blob before I figured out what to do about it) I had to drop a section of the cavern on him, even after his legs had been crippled he kept killing dwarves by pushing them, forced me to abandon the entire first layer for quite a while. Elites probably would have killed him eventually, but his dust attack would cause fever and skin necrosis, which, while not actually dangerous (as long as the wounds were cleaned) made my soldiers leave to go sit in the hospital. Also lost all of my cats and most of my dogs, one or two got caught by the dust and tracked it through the fort, the dwarves would go to the hospital, but the animals would just walk around spreading the stuff to each other until they died of infection, I had to pasture them all outside to deal with the miasma and control the infection.
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2013, 01:19:12 pm »

I once had a towering quadruped with steel scales and with the ability to shoot webs. It completely wiped out a caravan by first gettong them tangled up and then proceeding to kick their faces in while they were largely defenseless. I had a drawbridge installed, so my dorfs were fine though.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2013, 04:40:51 pm »

Actually, something I've been wondering for a while. Which size descriptor is the largest? There's great, enormous, towering and I think I remember gigantic as well. But out of those, which one makes a Forgotten Beast truly big beyond compare?

arphen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2013, 05:00:16 pm »

I just got a webber who proceeded to steal +green glass vial+ from one of my military and then killed all of my military by webbing them and bashing them in the head with the +green glass vial+ once.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]