Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27

Author Topic: One on One Community Fortress: Tonguebanners - seeking new Master  (Read 31301 times)

alrevis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One on One Community Fortress: Tonguebanners - wait list always open
« Reply #210 on: October 04, 2013, 08:27:59 pm »

When not building and maintaining the fort I wanna train exclusively...I want to be the feller of titans also this dwarf is based on my paragon of badass http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123084.msg4042433#msg4042433

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 04, 2013, 08:39:01 pm »

Hey buddy... I can give you a better set of axes ;D
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Razggal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 04, 2013, 09:16:59 pm »

@Darkening Kaos

I like it, do you only get multiples of the leather or other parts as well?

Also, I'm warming to the idea of a Beastmasters hut. I'm thinking a 6x6 rough wood hut near the refuse pile with a slightly larger basement and access tunnel to the cage pile.
Helping with the abattoir would come first though, I'd like cage trap production to start before I set up.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 04, 2013, 09:29:05 pm »

Deity information, because it's relevant to at least one person.

Holypunch is both a faithful worshiper of Avuz and a casual worshiper of Avuz. So I guess in his off time, when he's not busy worshiping Avuz, he worships Avuz.
Avuz is a deity of The Guild of Chewing. Avuz most often takes the form of a female dwarf and is associated with earth.

The Hermit is a worshiper of Istrath the Turquoise Flier and a worshiper of Avuz.
Istrath the Turquoise Flier is a deity of The Guild of Chewing. Istrath most often takes the form of a skeletal male dwarf and is associated with caverns, mountains, blight, disease, death, war, and fortresses.

Highmax is an ardent worshipper of Istrath the Turquoise Flier and a faithful worshipper of Etur.
Etur is a deity of The Guild of Chewing. Etur most often takes the form of a female dwarf and is associated with trade, wealth, and jewels.

Fruity is a worshiper of Istrath the Turquoise Flier and a casual worshipper of Avuz.

Spirallances is a worshipper of Etur and an ardent worshipper of Etur.

That bitch, is a casual worshipper of Avuz and a casual worshipper of Etur.

Baffler is a worshipper of Lashid and a worshipper of Lashid.
Lashid is a deity of The Guild of Chewing. Lashid most often takes the form of a male dwarf and is associated with muck.
Lashid has no historic events recorded (the other deities do).

Other relationships:
The Hermit has three friends, which is the second highest in the fortress.
The Hermit is Highmax's only friend.
Fruity has four friends, making him the most social dwarf (though The Hermit is still the expedition leader).
Spirallances has three friends, and is the only one with a pet.
That bitch, has only one friend, Spirallances.
Fruity is Holypunch's only friend and Baffler's only friend.

Also, if it wasn't clear, the fort's parent civ is The Guild of Chewing. Which goes pretty well with Tonguebanners, I suppose. (Which, in dwarvish, is Nozulban, for those mildly interested.)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 01:30:06 pm by Lectorog »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 04, 2013, 09:34:17 pm »

Well, I like my dieties... Jewels , trade, wealth? And then caverns?

That's it. I know what im doing. I'll PM you in a bit oh Fortress Master!

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 04, 2013, 10:04:33 pm »

@Darkening Kaos

I like it, do you only get multiples of the leather or other parts as well?

As far as I have seen, it only increases the amount of leather we get, but that is not guaranteed, I've had instances where it hasn't done anything other than queue up several jobs for the butcher and you get the basic 1 skin.  It might have something to do with how fat, or otherwise massive the animal is, idk.
     Regardless, dingo leather boots for everyone!

Also, I'm warming to the idea of a Beastmasters hut. I'm thinking a 6x6 rough wood hut near the refuse pile with a slightly larger basement and access tunnel to the cage pile.
Helping with the abattoir would come first though, I'd like cage trap production to start before I set up.

If we observe where the animals come from and establish the migration path, we can set up cage traps and catch as many animals as we have spare cages, without wasting traps in rarely travelled areas - or we can funnel them into the traps with constructions, etc.  I caught 10 emus this way in my current fort, as well as an entire pack of 9 dingoes - they made a bee-line for the one murky pond and just roamed around it, made it very easy to catch them.
    You might want to set up your beastmaster hut in this zone so you can be close by when the cage traps spring.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 05, 2013, 10:31:25 am »

That's it. I know what im doing. I'll PM you in a bit oh Fortress Master!

I didn't realize until now that off the books stuff would be going on...

This should fit well with the character. There isn't much Baffler wouldn't do for some hazard pay and a decent reason.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Tehsapper

• Bay Watcher
  • Why, MrMayor? Whatever do you mean by "slade bed"?
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 05, 2013, 12:03:38 pm »

Holypunch is both a faithful worshiper of Avuz and a casual worshiper of Avuz. So I guess in his off time, when he's not busy worshiping Avuz, he worships Avuz.
Avuz is a deity of The Guild of Chewing. Avuz most often takes the form of a female dwarf and is associated with earth.

Wonder how can you be both faithful and casual worshiper of Avuz. Maybe I have one extra personality in my head.

Still, I think the most earth-related material you can make a statue from is clay, so ceramic statue is the best variant. Do we have something exotic like kaolinite on map? And more importantly, do we have clay?

I think some other followers of Avuz can group up and run a monastery, complete with it's own brewery and plump helmet field, of course only if other followers are consent :) Still I don't know where to put my shrine/possible future monastery according to Timeless Bob plans, so I guess I'll take up a big part of some z-level somewhere a bit deeper.

How you gonna run military training? Are you against danger rooms?

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 05, 2013, 12:27:53 pm »

No, I'm cool with danger rooms. But it's not up to me. It's up to the militia commanders. Who currently have no-one to train but themselves. Since they haven't specified the manner of training, I assumed they'd be doing the default sparring in the barracks or whatever it is they do when you set them to train.

alrevis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 05, 2013, 04:16:18 pm »

I was going to train my troops that way...danger rooms seem like a manipulation of the game and unfair to me

Zarallyn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 05, 2013, 06:15:29 pm »

I would also like to sign up, He would be named Tharrin Gavelmantle, he will serve under alrevis, Tharrin will be the Law

Razggal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 05, 2013, 06:33:04 pm »

Really hoping my dwarf worships Istrath, it'll justify his fascination with death and creates a business opportunity. Bones for the Skeleton God!

I'd be happy to adorn all other Istrath worshippers with bone covered clothes and armour, and skull totems to signify ones allegiance to the Blight Bringer of the Under Mountain. He promises much !!FUN!! to his followers.

Also, welcome Tharrin! Do we have a hammerer?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 05, 2013, 10:06:42 pm »

If Baffler ever ends up with subordinates, I am perfectly fine with using danger room training on them. I am also considering going a different direction with Baffler's jobs in game. More to come on that later, when I can fully flesh out the idea.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Spirallances_

• Bay Watcher
  • Spirallances an epic failure in dwarven history
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 06, 2013, 12:21:29 am »

Uh oh oh god I think bafflers going to leade a private army or higher and when shit hits the fan and me and the b&b go to an all out mafia warfare he's gonna get so rich
Ah ha.  Spirallances...
                [-_-]~ Text Ninja I like it.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 06, 2013, 01:31:11 am »

I think me, the Inn/B&B are going to be the 3 richest powers, me being last amongst them because my stuff is expensive in the long run, and everyone needs the services of the others.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27