Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27

Author Topic: One on One Community Fortress: Tonguebanners - seeking new Master  (Read 31298 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: One on One Community Fortress: Tonguebanners - wait list always open
« Reply #195 on: October 03, 2013, 09:46:06 pm »

Yeah, I suppose every dwarf would have an account even if I'm not going to bother calculating it for the NPDs. I'll take a guess when the occasion arises.

Sounds good to me! Makes it easier on newbies that don't have a penny to their name (or in this case, copper coin).

I'd like to request that I hire two idio- I mean, hirelings that aren't players to dig for ores and smelts, and the other cuts trees and makes charcoal. I can make them their tools when they arrive and they earn it back, me paying 50% of their job pay after they earn back the pickaxe/axe right out of my pocket. The other 50% will be from your addition, cause they work for me, right? And what kind of boss doesn't pay his lackeys? After awhile, if more idlers show up, or if the two filled up the stockpiles, have them build another smelter and a wood burner, and have them go overdrive on one or the other while I do mine. But have the initial 3 I labeled for only used by me, forge included.

Btw, when I said 7z-levels below everything related to the inn, I meant everything, even if it's the hospitality complex. Move my forges 7 under please. If I hit caverns, find a space that is close but immediately pay 5x for a walled off section to block in the horrors of the caverns from coming in!
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 03, 2013, 10:10:57 pm »

Move my forges 7 under please.
Fully noted.

If the "lackeys" are working exclusively for you, 100% of their pay will be coming from you. The fortress pays people for doing things for the fortress, just as you pay people for doing things for you. That said, it's not as if they really need paid. I'd imagine dwarves would be happy with a job, food, booze, and decent quarters. Buying nice things is nice, but not everyone can have that kind of life.

OR CAN THEY?

On the note of potential foreshadowing, I'll try to play this weekend; tomorrow evening at the earliest. The plans are clear enough to proceed (though lack of clarity wasn't a reason I wasn't playing).

Spirallances_

• Bay Watcher
  • Spirallances an epic failure in dwarven history
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 03, 2013, 10:15:09 pm »

Yeah sorry if I'm not clear on the dominions of the rooms just a good size use your judgement you're not an idiot I would do what timeless suggested but I have litarly no free time between school and swim team I have no free time or a gf or friends or a social life for tht matter 'cause fuck having a life
Ah ha.  Spirallances...
                [-_-]~ Text Ninja I like it.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 03, 2013, 10:43:21 pm »

Thank you kind sir.

As for the lackeys, what's the minimum wage for a hauler? Make it 50% of what that is, and have the miner dig out a "workers quarters" for me that is a hall with a 1x3 room with a bed and a cabinet. This will be connected to main service tunnels, not the forge rooms.

Looks like this:

B_C
  D

B is bed, C is cabinet and D is door into the hall. Have them also share my food sources but not my dining hall. Have it smoothed but not engraved. Pay the inn for each of these who stay here for the modest quarters. Because all inns and B&B have the cheap rooms, the normal rooms and the luxury rooms for those they like who have cash to burn. Only do this when I can afford this and have about 50% at most left over of my cash for trade. They may get half the pay but they get modest quarters, free food and booze, and a good, honest job.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Razggal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 04, 2013, 07:10:25 am »

This looks awesome, I'm in.

I'll take any free migrant, preferably having one of his future skills. Gender isn't an issue, though pregnancy could be confusing.

Job title: Beastmaster
Primary Job Preferences: Animal training, Bonecarving, Wrestling.
Secondary Job preferences: Butchery, Tanning, leatherworking.
Jobs he's willing to do if nobody stops him: Bone setting, surgery and general doctoring

Darkening Kaos: If your cool with it, I'll help build your place and set up in your basement, expanding it some to fit a kennel, craft workshop  and animal training area. If you wants to focus on carpentry at first I'll chop wood for ye.

Razggal the Beastmaster enjoys domesticating wild animals for the slaughter, carving their bones into armour and trade goods, then decorating his abode with their skulls. He dreams of wrestling wild boar and brawling with the grizzly bear. He is happy to butcher the native wild life and wear their skins. He is also curious about dwarven anatomy and would enjoy messing about with others insides, although putting them back together again seems tedious.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 04, 2013, 07:19:45 am »

That is the most elfy/human dwarf I have ever seen.... Its awesome...

Spirallances_

• Bay Watcher
  • Spirallances an epic failure in dwarven history
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 04, 2013, 07:31:02 am »

Good he can be head of the cut up the other free peoples program
Ah ha.  Spirallances...
                [-_-]~ Text Ninja I like it.

Razggal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 04, 2013, 07:35:34 am »

He believes in racial equality, as demonstrated by his extensive skull collection.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 04, 2013, 07:36:39 am »

I'm just happy no resource thieves showed up yet. What I'm worried about: military dwarves going around and BREAKING stuff and stealing from the others and saying we need to pay "protection money".

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 04, 2013, 07:49:13 am »

@Razggal;

Once we arrive and I get settled, I'll start work.  The auto-abattoir will be messy and noisy, don't know if you want to live near it, nor try to tame animals with the stench of death in the air.

All help will be appreciated, though - one in, all in.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Razggal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 04, 2013, 08:01:56 am »

@Darkening Kaos;

As long as I'm near the cage pile I don't mind, my focus is domesticating them prior to execution then using their remains afterwards. Though if you don't want me in your basement I can just build a hovel nearby with an access tunnel.

Also, auto-abbatoir? So death by mechanical means?

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 04, 2013, 07:09:46 pm »

Razggal, gotcher dwarf in the list.

use your judgement you're not an idiot
OR SO YOU BELIEVE FOR NOW

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 04, 2013, 07:34:15 pm »

@Razggal,
   There are hidden benefits to killing still-wild animals, especially if there is a need for leather.
   I've managed to get 7 leather from three yaks using 'The Fun Run', but there will be plenty of opportunity to train up some animals.
I also got three leather from one opossum last night, but that was just a lone dodge trap doing its job.
   It's all fun and games until someone gets a spinning iron great axe in the lower body.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
  • One notable kill: Himself
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 04, 2013, 07:53:14 pm »

So many new dwarves.

I hope none of these fuckers touch my dildos.
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY
A better fort for you and me!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 04, 2013, 08:17:49 pm »

So many new dwarves.

I hope none of these fuckers touch my dildos.

Good god... And I was gonna crack a joke about someone wanting a giant gold statue of a phallus but I didn't know we went THAT far...

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27