Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27

Author Topic: One on One Community Fortress: Tonguebanners - seeking new Master  (Read 30056 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: One on One Community Fortress: Tonguebanners - wait list always open
« Reply #360 on: October 20, 2013, 12:54:46 am »

DFterm 3 game?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
  • One notable kill: Himself
    • View Profile
Re: One on One Community Fortress: Tonguebanners - wait list always open
« Reply #361 on: October 20, 2013, 04:49:16 pm »

That sounds like a bad idea for this particular thread since that wasn't the original idea. It should be a reader who takes over, but not anyone who's been dorfed. Either that or someone who has the free space to manage this fortress should be taking over while giving up their dwarf.
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY
A better fort for you and me!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One on One Community Fortress: Tonguebanners - seeking new Master
« Reply #362 on: October 21, 2013, 03:28:18 am »

My "Luckiest Tourist EVER" game sorta died, so I'm offering to host the next incarnation of this game in that universe.  You'll already have prior player sites to provide skilled migrants and dwarven lineages, as well as a human tourist named Twoflower that may stop by for a visit if we're lucky.

We've already got our dwarven roles pretty fleshed out, to the first or second migrant wave.

Take a look at the island for that game and once we have a minimum of six possible embarks suggested, I'll set up the poll to vote which one we'll actually use.  Once we embark with all the crap needful items and skills in place, I'll be asking each player with a dwarf on the map to download the save and play for a season showing what they want their dwarves doing/gaining/avoiding, ect...  When the Players are done, they'll just upload the file somewhere and PM me the link.  I'll take those saved files as the dreams and/or plans of each dwarf and use that to build the fortress.  Once each season is completed, I'll post the new save file to the group, (along with a report of the high points/FUN complete with pics and screen-captures) and wait for the next season's crop of plans/dreams.
(Of course, if someone fails to send me their save file, I'll just assume they want to keep on doing whatever they were doing before, which may or may not have any bearing on the current game save's reality.)

I figure I'll start work on the first save file I get in the cycle, then add the others as they're PM'ed to me.  If I post an update once a week, people who missed the deadline can still send what they were working on to me the next week as plans for that turn instead.

You guys interested?

(If you're worried about favoritism, BlackMuffin, put your fears to rest - I plan for "That Bitch" to have her plans take three to four days to be considered, which puts her before the deadline, but after the early posters.  Maybe I'll just calculate pi one more decimal place to determine what day her plans are considered for that cycle, with anything over "7" being that she's missed her posting deadline.  That could be fun.  My interest is to see what develops, rather than create any sort of pre-ordained order.)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 03:47:31 am by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 21, 2013, 08:17:44 am »

Well, as long as someone is running it and everyone's needs/wants are filled, im fine with it

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 21, 2013, 03:05:57 pm »

Anybody who's interested in doing this should follow the link in my sig.  All the info you'll need is in the first post (which is, admittedly, a wall of text.)  Download the save and start suggesting embark sites in that forum so we can get started.  First six embarks suggested will be put up to vote.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 03:07:35 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 21, 2013, 03:25:27 pm »

I thought we were continueing this one? :o

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 21, 2013, 04:27:49 pm »

I think it would be a better idea to move to a thread that the host has full control of. Not that I have a notable preference, I'm just looking to accommodate you guys.

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 21, 2013, 05:37:06 pm »

Timeless could always make a new thread instead of moving to an older one. Helps ease confusion.
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY

Razggal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 21, 2013, 05:45:25 pm »

I'm kind of torn.
On the one hand, I really want to see this continue and it'd be cool to continue another idea as well.

On the other, the "LTE" game seems to be in Masterwork.
It's an awesome mod, but it turns the game into something else entirely, it doesn't feel like DF. Plus I'm really unfamiliar with it, I mucked around with it a while ago but never got that deep into it.

Given the choice I'd rather go with the current save and location, but if everyone else is cool with the change, I can adapt.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 21, 2013, 07:19:45 pm »

I'm not familiar with the mod at all... I played it once and I kept setting myself on fire somehow... I kind of want to see everyone controlling one dwarf like before doing their professions like before, but adding some other tihngs in. I was going to throw in treasure hunts since I had so much gold apparently, where I "bury" gold coins somewhere and someone finds it, and I "buy" them from them and they get cash, and I repeat the process until someone discovers its me, and then they can't play anymore because I sick a dragon on them or I throw a fuck ton of swords at them

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 21, 2013, 08:03:40 pm »

I'm not familiar with the mod at all... I played it once and I kept setting myself on fire somehow... I kind of want to see everyone controlling one dwarf like before doing their professions like before, but adding some other tihngs in. I was going to throw in treasure hunts since I had so much gold apparently, where I "bury" gold coins somewhere and someone finds it, and I "buy" them from them and they get cash, and I repeat the process until someone discovers its me, and then they can't play anymore because I sick a dragon on them or I throw a fuck ton of swords at them
See, that's what I wanted the thread to turn into. People just basically do all sorts of random shit using the OP as a proxy and we can !!FUN!! with it. Thing is, with Lectorog unable to complete the project we're left in a tight situation and this thread might die.

At this point I'm willing to sacrifice my dwarf to keep the game alive by making a new thread or continuing this one as the honorary OP more or less.
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 21, 2013, 08:48:21 pm »

See, that's what I wanted the thread to turn into. People just basically do all sorts of random shit using the OP as a proxy and we can !!FUN!! with it. Thing is, with Lectorog unable to complete the project we're left in a tight situation and this thread might die.

At this point I'm willing to sacrifice my dwarf to keep the game alive by making a new thread or continuing this one as the honorary OP more or less.
I'd say make a new thread. Send a link in here when its done. Hopefully, it can go with less chaos

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 21, 2013, 09:27:37 pm »

I HAVE RETURNED!

I too support a new thread, and though I don't exactly understand how dfterm 3 works, what little I can dig up is extremely intriguing. Either way, I am looking forward to participateing, hopefully more actively, in the next incarnation of this fortress.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 22, 2013, 10:02:12 am »

DFterm is cool but hard to set up.

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 22, 2013, 10:47:48 am »

Just looked up df term, if we go that route I might need some instructions.

I vote that it is unneccessary, but neat in a chaotic sort of way.
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27