Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27

Author Topic: One on One Community Fortress: Tonguebanners - seeking new Master  (Read 31287 times)

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One on One Community Fortress: Tonguebanners - wait list always open
« Reply #180 on: October 03, 2013, 01:20:09 pm »

This is looking pretty cool and I would like to join if possible.
I'd like a male dorf named "zubb" skills don't matter just whoever happens to be avalaible.

I would like to build a 3 by 3 shack to the west of the so far built stuff made from those free rocks that digging guy dug, it needs a door roof and leave the ramp to get to the roof on the side.

I'd like my guy to eat and sleep in this shack and brew gatherd plants on the roof top or close by still.
Might need a carpenter shop to make barrels and make use of the axe I later write about.

I'd like it if you could get my guy a pick an axe and a sword when he is not using the pick or axe.

To be greedy I'd also like 2 other dorfs to be "zubb's men". (they can be girls or its so long as they work they don't have to be players)
These "men" could hold the pick the axe and my personal guy would get the sword.(anything over copper for the sword very please)

That's my "turn" for now.

EDIT: Lucky thirteen. 8)
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 03, 2013, 01:36:19 pm »

Did someone say... Swords?  8)
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 03, 2013, 01:41:20 pm »

I like bronze if I happen to get a dorf.
Wouldn't mind a full bronze set of Spartan gear. (heavy IE not leggings but greaves and the like)

EDIT IN RELATION TO THE POST IMMEDIATLY AFTER THIS ONE: We'll have to work out a deal after Fort Master acts on my requests.
I'm not sure at the moment what recources will be at my disposal.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 02:07:43 pm by zubb2 »
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 03, 2013, 01:57:53 pm »

If we get tin and copper, we're all good then... For a price ;)

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 03, 2013, 02:40:27 pm »

zubb, your dwarf has been added to the list. :)

When dwarves arrive, they get what they have on their backs (and in their hands etc.) plus the starting 200 dwarfbuck account. The prices are ultimately up to highmax, but the value of a standard bronze shortsword is 70, and you should be able to grab the community battleaxe since no-one should be assigned to it at the time. Getting the pickaxe will require a special commission from highmax or some other method.

On the note of dwarfbucks, I'll have to give highmax some for his digging. (No-one else has done community work yet.)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 03, 2013, 02:53:52 pm »

Last night, after posting my "nifty idea", I figured I'd just do an embark in one of my worlds and lay it all out as I was thinking about it.  I finished it up and realized I'd been in a concentrated state for the entire evening, so I went to bed as the sun began to rise.  (Where does the time go?)

Upon waking again around noonish (Good thing I don't have work today!), I arose to find that the patient moderator has adopted my idea, so it seems I've jumped the gun a bit with last night's project.

So, without further ado, I present That Bitch's Grand Plan!

+2 Z-levels above the embark
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

+1 Z-levels above the embark

The Z-level of the embark

-1 Z-levels below the embark

-2 Z-levels below the embark

-3 Z-levels below the embark

-4 Z-levels below the embark

-5 Z-levels below the embark

-6 Z-levels below the embark

-7 Z-levels below the embark
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 03, 2013, 02:59:39 pm »

you forgot the main service enterance (the back door)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 03, 2013, 03:50:47 pm »

Shit, those plans are pretty amazing. I'll get to making that ASAP. Will probably abandon the current dig and move a bit south along the cliffs.

On 0Z, the Z-level of the embark, you have the same designations that mark channeling on the other levels. Do you want that area channeled?

Highmax, you're still going to be digging when the caravan arrives!

alrevis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 03, 2013, 03:54:31 pm »

More or less im just lurking in this thread keeping up to date until i arrive then ill go into overdrive

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 03, 2013, 04:02:36 pm »

If I'm digging until the caravan arrives, please get some tin/copper/bronze for the first order. Afterwards, we'll see about ores.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 03, 2013, 05:03:26 pm »

The channels in each level should be as you see them, but I'd suggest beginning the project starting from the +2 Z-level and working your way down from there, so we get the farms and fisheries started immediately, the surplus of which can be traded to the Caravan when it arrives this fall, for needful items.  Also on the +3 Z-level, a mason's workshop should start turning stones into blocks (since blocks are more quickly carried to their destinations) and we can wall in a few overland gardens, a pasture for migrant critters and a few likely fishing ponds.  Feel free to add access tunnels to each enclosure connected to the underground farms so that we won't have to worry about doors letting in kobolds or letting out babies.

EDIT:

On the main Z-level, please remove the channel designations north of the Tavern. The Tavern-keeper's offices, bedroom and Private dining room (down on -1 Z) would be obliterated otherwise.  Good call.

It might be advisable to set up a temporary Depot until we've got Caravan Road and the Endless Corridor excavated and prepared first.  We'll need a mechanic to make us lots of mechanisms for that, first though.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 06:19:06 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 03, 2013, 08:01:38 pm »

Hey since I have been added to the list and no one has asked I would like to be the fort manager in addition to everything needed to build my lil shack.

If migrants are in demand then put my two requested NPC minions lower in priority in relation to the other players MAIN guys.

Thanks for letting me join and this looks to be a fun ride so long as the fort is not ZERG rushed.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 03, 2013, 08:16:10 pm »

Yeah, my plan for migrants is, once the wait list is empty, let the participants dictate what the free dwarves will do. And then if a new player joins, they get the choice of any free dwarf, regardless of its current occupation. Not that this is likely to have a steady flow of people coming in; that's not how these things work. So, in effect, once the wait list is empty, people get to start playing as other dwarves, except they still have their primary dwarf and fortress command gets priority, as in all things.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 03, 2013, 08:22:32 pm »

Yeah, my plan for migrants is, once the wait list is empty, let the participants dictate what the free dwarves will do. And then if a new player joins, they get the choice of any free dwarf, regardless of its current occupation. Not that this is likely to have a steady flow of people coming in; that's not how these things work. So, in effect, once the wait list is empty, people get to start playing as other dwarves, except they still have their primary dwarf and fortress command gets priority, as in all things.
Do new players get bonus cash for whatever their dwarf was previously doing?

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 03, 2013, 08:55:26 pm »

Yeah, I suppose every dwarf would have an account even if I'm not going to bother calculating it for the NPDs. I'll take a guess when the occasion arises.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27