Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27

Author Topic: One on One Community Fortress: Tonguebanners - seeking new Master  (Read 31269 times)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One on One Community Fortress: Tonguebanners - wait list always open (Live)
« Reply #150 on: October 02, 2013, 07:30:27 pm »

Good good - A twisty "caravan road" that descends 4 z-levels is perfect.  We can build it adjacent to the store-rooms and have "Lenny's boys" housing just adjacent to to that, so they're ready to haul stuff at a moment's notice.  This place is shaping up nicely.

Those gold veins, once mined then smoothed, make rooms have all sorts of good thoughts attached to them.  Iron's good too, if not as much.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 02, 2013, 07:31:55 pm »

Bob, I don't quite understand those plans. Here's the current fortress:
http://img.ie/snjsv.png
North of the entrance hallway is the training room; south is the freeloader room. Both can be expanded as necessary. The common room is 10x10. The still, the kitchen, and That Bitch's workshops are north of the common room. The guest rooms will be going in next, but storing the food is pretty important too.

EDIT: I'm off for tonight, so you have plenty of time to help make sense of the best way to do things.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 07:33:30 pm by Lectorog »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 02, 2013, 07:41:10 pm »

Highmax, do you want to go after the gold or focus on finding iron ores first? We just struck another vein of gold.

The horse and camel have been slaughtered.

Yay! Meat!

And throw it in the stockpile. Someone's gonna want gold statues of their gods or something like that. If the inn and my rooms are carved out, and no iron, then search for iron/copper/silver/weapon materials. Can't build an army without the proper metals now, right?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One on One Community Fortress: Tonguebanners - wait list always open
« Reply #153 on: October 02, 2013, 07:53:54 pm »

So are you saying that you want to collect gold immediately? Or do you want to carve out your forge then collect gold? Or carve out the forge, then make some iron things, then collect gold?

Spirallances_

• Bay Watcher
  • Spirallances an epic failure in dwarven history
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 02, 2013, 07:55:32 pm »

Hell yeah I want a gold statue I want in right in the middle of the inn also as far as the inn goes I want it built against the side if the mountain with a big space that's in a big wooden room with stone floors and in the back I want dug in to the mountain a space with a farmed workshops a still a kitchen and a fishery and room for stockpiles of prepared food excluding chese and drinks excluding wine and I want a 4•4 stairway going down to a celller for chese and wine. I also want in the corner of the main room to the north east a stair case wich goes up to the several floors filled with rooms and dug into the side of the mountain a want high quality rooms (on each floor of course) and I also want a staircase that goes from th south west and goes down 2 levels that doesn't interrupt the wine and chese storage room that goes down to the tumble high max is digging as well as worker rooms and dug into the side of the mountain my room wich is very high quality it has a tomb a bedroom wih double beds a cabinet ect a study and a personal dining room
Ah ha.  Spirallances...
                [-_-]~ Text Ninja I like it.

Spirallances_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 02, 2013, 07:56:53 pm »

Also I got a cat YAYYY
Ah ha.  Spirallances...

Spirallances_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 02, 2013, 07:59:42 pm »

Also bob I can't watch that bid because apperently it's been copyrighted but according to the comments it's a song about cannabalism wow just wow
Ah ha.  Spirallances...

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 02, 2013, 08:09:41 pm »

Hell yeah I want a gold statue I want in right in the middle of the inn also as far as the inn goes I want it built against the side if the mountain with a big space that's in a big wooden room with stone floors and in the back I want dug in to the mountain a space with a farmed workshops a still a kitchen and a fishery and room for stockpiles of prepared food excluding chese and drinks excluding wine and I want a 4•4 stairway going down to a celller for chese and wine. I also want in the corner of the main room to the north east a stair case wich goes up to the several floors filled with rooms and dug into the side of the mountain a want high quality rooms (on each floor of course) and I also want a staircase that goes from th south west and goes down 2 levels that doesn't interrupt the wine and chese storage room that goes down to the tumble high max is digging as well as worker rooms and dug into the side of the mountain my room wich is very high quality it has a tomb a bedroom wih double beds a cabinet ect a study and a personal dining room
Are you sober or something? I really can't follow this. I could barely follow Timeless Bob's main design post, and I may have gotten that wrong.

To everyone planning construction/carving:
Read back over what you wrote. If it isn't clear almost block for block what your dwarf will be doing or commissioning - clear to someone who is learning the design for the first time (me) - improve the clarity. Add specifics or draw something, maybe.

Because my role here is bringing your dwarves together in the same fort. I'm not trying to make it coherent or pretty or anything but what you want your dwarf to make of it. So help me facilitate your dwarf with the greatest accuracy, so you can be in the fortress as fully as possible.

Not criticizing anyone. (That question to Spirallances is a joke.) It's been quite fun and interesting so far. Clarity is just pretty essential in the project unless I want to take specifics into my own hands (which isn't the point).

Also bob I can't watch that bid because apperently it's been copyrighted but according to the comments it's a song about cannabalism wow just wow
Sweeney Todd is a barber who makes people into pies. Sweeney Todd is a musical. So yeah, pretty much a song about cannibalism.

Spirallances_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 02, 2013, 08:12:57 pm »

Hell yeah I want a human pie and screw being sober or not heigh or coherent HUMAN PIEEESSS
Ah ha.  Spirallances...

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 02, 2013, 08:21:22 pm »

ptw
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 02, 2013, 08:22:28 pm »

Carve out everything first, ores later. Have the haulers throw all the ores outside close by along with any gems. Gold included. So don't dig out the furnaces until the inn/B&B are finished being carved out
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 02, 2013, 08:22:56 pm »

Hell yeah I want a human pie and screw being sober or not heigh or coherent HUMAN PIEEESSS

Baffler does not support this plan. He ain't no damn hippie elf! Baffler might be a somewhat shifty character, but he's still got standards.

The song is from Sweeney Todd, it's mostly just a rapid succession of corny puns regarding the serving and preparation of people holding various turn of the century occupations.

Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Spirallances_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 02, 2013, 08:28:29 pm »

I SAID YOU DONT HAVE TO EAT THE FUCKING DWARF MEAT
Ah ha.  Spirallances...

Spirallances_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 02, 2013, 08:29:46 pm »

Also what don't you get about the design of the inn I can type it up in a better maner I sort of just rushed it out but as I said I can type it in word if you need
Ah ha.  Spirallances...

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 02, 2013, 08:39:21 pm »

Mostly how it all works together. It's almost clear what all rooms you want, but not where they should be relative to each other. Also, is the inn a completely separate thing from the hospitality complex specified by Timeless Bob? I've been following his directions so far.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27