Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: The Amazing Superheroes! Issue 1  (Read 14911 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: The Amazing Superheroes! Issue 1
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2013, 02:39:31 pm »

Follow the rest

"Let get started."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2013, 03:44:19 pm »

"You guys can keep your flashy outfits. I prefer something with a bit of subtlety."

Your costume looks like a contemporary diver's suit designed in oceanic colors.  Your emblem is displayed on your shoulders.  It also includes a pair of gauntlets, a helmet, and a global positioning device.  It can camouflage itself.

Practice sneaking with the camouflage system.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2013, 04:44:20 pm »

The costume Sockman chose to wear was of urban-camouflaged army fatigues with a red beret on his head. Two sock puppets are worn like gloves over each hand.

Let us go and bring back this machine. Before it harms anyone. It just needs to be intact, yes?

For now, stick with the team. However the flashy NASCAR girl. Perhaps watch out for her. Sockman would keep it to himself, but he wondered if this person was here to help people, or herself.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2013, 04:54:58 pm »

The costume Sockman chose to wear was of urban-camouflaged army fatigues with a red beret on his head. Two sock puppets are worn like gloves over each hand.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2013, 05:22:34 pm »

Amazing Superheroes!
Issue 1: Day of the Rogue Robot!
Page 2

"Alright team, we need to catch this robot.  I'll use my powers to try and figure out where it went."

Look back in time to the moment the robot escaped, and try to figure out where it was headed.
(Note: If you want a superhero name that isn't Captain Amazing, feel free to let me know.)

Captain Amazing comes up with a brilliant plan to find the robot. He'll use his Past Seeing sense! (1) There's only one problem. He has no idea what the robot looks like, or where it escaped from, or when! Actually, that's more like three problems, but whatever!

Erin's costume looked sort of like a NASCAR-sleek and bright, with corporate logos plastered all over it.

"The only thing I like less than robots are bad hair days." Erin says to her team, mugging for any camera in the area. "That's why I never leave home without my KCS Girly Girly Sparkle Spray! It keeps me bouncy all day long!" she said, taking a can off her 'utility' belt.

She tended to do this quite alot when on the clock.

Action: Follow the team! Rearrange my corporate logos for maximum presentability and contact our PR department-we're going to need this on the 10'o clock
Solaris follows the team! Which is doing nothing. So Solaris does nothing, except attempt to call the Pr department. (1) Except she's in a top-secret government warehouse that has things like cell-phone reception blockers.

Inquisitor stood at the back of the room, his voice muffled by the gasmask.

"We must catch this heretic, before he blasphemes even more."

read the contract in detail, especially the reasons to be kicked out and expected to do parts
The Inquisitor throws in his own two cents before rereading the contract in detail. It appears to be stating that reasons for being kicked out are mainly for committing acts considered illegal by the government without government permission as according to the Superhero Rights Act, however you can also be kicked out for disobeying the instructions of Captain Amazing, the Coordinator, revealing classified information about secret government locations, or bringing a bad name to the Amazing Superheroes team. As for obligations, the Amazing Superheroes is expected to follow the commands of the Coordinator and Captain Amazing that fall inside the paramaters of their duties. Also the superheroes are expected to provide assistance to humanity and the American government in the event of an alien invasion, terrorist attack, attempted overthrow of the US government, attempted overthrow of a government that represents the will of the people, criminal actions, especially large scale ones, and dastardly evil schemes by villains who wish to destroy/ransom/ take over/nuke the world. Also, The Incredibles is required viewing for all members of the Amazing Superheroes.

Follow the rest

"Let get started."
Subject-206 follows the team, which is just standing around. Well besides Moonwalker who is practicing with his uniform. (2) Subject-206 trips on the floor and falls flat on the ground. She then gets up, cursing her bad luck.

"You guys can keep your flashy outfits. I prefer something with a bit of subtlety."
Practice sneaking with the camouflage system.
Moonwalker searches for a place to practice his stealth skills. Dorothea shows him to the Training area, and shows him the stealth course. (1+1+1) Moonwalker manages to do well, until about halfway through the course, when he accidentally triggers a gun trap and gets "shot" and has stop the course.

Let us go and bring back this machine. Before it harms anyone. It just needs to be intact, yes?

For now, stick with the team. However the flashy NASCAR girl. Perhaps watch out for her. Sockman would keep it to himself, but he wondered if this person was here to help people, or herself.
Sockman sticks with the team, looking at Solaris and thinking about her motivations.

The Coordinator notices Captain Amazing's failure to locate the robot and suggests the team head to the location the robot escaped from. The team has a high-tech van to use, as well as a helicopter and several motorcycles.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2013, 05:30:34 pm »

((OOC question: Will we get the opportunity to learn or gain new powers as we go?))

Clearly Moonwalker needs more practice. Hide in the back of whichever vehicle the team uses. See how long he can stay without getting noticed.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2013, 05:35:51 pm »

((OOC question: Will we get the opportunity to learn or gain new powers as we go?))
(Skills can be learned. Powers/weaknesses can be gained from laboratory accidents, radiation, exposure to a parallel universe, or the government finding out in a survey that what the public wants is a flying superhero that can create kittens from thin air.)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2013, 06:12:00 pm »

Also, The Incredibles is required viewing for all members of the Amazing Superheroes.
((If I was running a superhero organization, The Incredibles would NOT be on the Required Viewing/Reading List.))

(Skills can be learned. Powers/weaknesses can be gained from laboratory accidents, radiation, exposure to a parallel universe, or the government finding out in a survey that what the public wants is a flying superhero that can create kittens from thin air.)
((And if a survey indicates that they want a mechanic who can throw arrows from his tail or confuse vision?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2013, 06:18:24 pm »

Also, The Incredibles is required viewing for all members of the Amazing Superheroes.
((If I was running a superhero organization, The Incredibles would NOT be on the Required Viewing/Reading List.))
Why? Because the superheroes are forced to retire because of public opinion?
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2013, 06:19:29 pm »

Double post.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 06:28:06 pm by Persus13 »
Sigtext

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2013, 06:21:43 pm »

(For a name change, how about Paladin?)

Paladin decides to follow the coordinator's lead, then turns to face the rest of the team.

"Alright team, listen up.  We're going to head over to the last known location of the robot to see what we can find.  We've been provided with vehicles for this task; a high-tech van, a helicopter, and some motorcycles.  I will be using the van as a command vehicle, and will use the equipment to monitor communications and evaluate the situation as it unfolds.  Do any of you have any piloting experience, as we will need someone in that chopper to be our eye in the sky, to keep an eye out for any sign of the robot or any other suspicious activity.  I could also do with one or two of you to get on motorcycles to act as reconnaissance and fast response units.  I also need one of you to drive the van as well.  I would do it, but I can't do that and use the equipment.  206, you can trail the van on your horse if you want, though you may attract a lot of attention."   
He paused for a moment to let it sink in.  "Any questions?"

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2013, 06:27:09 pm »

Sockman sighs to himself after Captain Amazing or Paladin or whatever he wishes to call himself failed.

If things were simple, I would simply try to find it. But no worries you tried. Let us go to the location yes?

Sockman goes to head to the location, if at all possible via helicopter, and landing at the location to look for clues as to where this being may of gone. Whether or not people took a different approach was of no concern to him. Perhaps if Sockman were to find a clue, he could use his seeing ability to track the robot.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2013, 05:10:23 am »

Subject-206 shall look up info on the bot
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2013, 01:17:15 pm »

"Whatever you want, captain shiny. I'll drive the van, If you'd like."

Go to location. Either driving the van if captain shiny wants me to, or a driving the motorcycle

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2013, 03:31:22 pm »

Dwarmin
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9