Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: The Amazing Superheroes! Issue 1  (Read 14920 times)

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
Re: The Amazing Superheroes! Now accepting applications
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2013, 06:53:55 am »

Well, if we end up on a farmyard I can be a great asset, with my cow abilities and my ability to talk to goats :P

In all seriousness though, my weakness goes beyond severe, to crippling.  Rigid in the presence of plastic?  In this day and age, that means I'm as stiff as a board basically 24/7...

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2013, 06:57:13 am »

Well, if we end up on a farmyard I can be a great asset, with my cow abilities and my ability to talk to goats :P

In all seriousness though, my weakness goes beyond severe, to crippling.  Rigid in the presence of plastic?  In this day and age, that means I'm as stiff as a board basically 24/7...
Agreed on the weakness. How about when touching plastic instead?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2013, 07:13:49 am »

Seems reasonable.   This should be interesting, my powers are more of a hindrance than a help :P  Though my ability to see into the past should help investigative matters.  And I can always amuse myself by terrifying badger cullers (by turning the badgers into lions).  I'm still trying to think about what powers a cow has that I could possibly make use of..

Edit:  Just realised I can make duplicates of myself.  That will be useful.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 09:27:16 am by draco1234 »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2013, 07:16:52 am »

((You can survive by only eating grass?))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2013, 07:29:58 am »

Well, except for the dust sculpting, I think I'm doing fairly well here. Can become incorporeal except in bright light and confuse the vision of opponents sounds really helpful.

And remember kids, everything is

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2013, 08:46:43 am »

Spoiler: Colin Herbert (click to show/hide)
Colin coughs a lot as he enters his interview. During the interview, the government learns that Colin Herbert has mastered the ability to confuse the vision of an attacker. Additionally, he developed the talent to throw night arrows from his tail toward any rival close by, but this power fades when he is knocked unconscious. Shamefully, Colin Herbert is well-known for being sickly.
((Amusingly, I am sick right now.))
"This could almost be useful if *cough* I had a tail. Or rivals. But instead, *cough* all I can do is give people confusing visions. *cough* Or maybe blurry vision."
((And the Inquisitor has that exact powers plus some others, so...time to become a Tinker?))

While most of his powers are not useful...
1. Super-Leadership
2. Badgers to Lions? He can carry around semi-trained, portable lions.
3. Turn into gold? Gold is really heavy. Cue megapunches.
4. Powers/Talents of a cow? ...Okay, this is worthless.
5. Telepathy with goats? Well, this has to have some uses. More than talking to fish, at least.
6. Postcognition? Murders are no mystery.
7. Duplication? Um, yeah that's awesome.

Anyways. See y'all later.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2013, 10:08:33 am »

-snip-
Well, your character now has a tail. Albiet a small unnoticeable one until you fight.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: The Amazing Superheroes! Issue 1
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2013, 10:38:05 am »

Amazing Superheroes!
Issue 1: Day of the Rogue Robot!
Page 1

The day after the interviews, the results arrive on the computers of the applicants. 6 superheroes smile and are told where to proceed. The rest, are disappointed, but reassured by the promise of a waitlist.

Two days later, the 6 new superheroes are gathered together in front of Dorothea and another man to form the Amazing Superheroes. Each one is handed a contract, listing what the members are expected to do, reasons to be kicked out of the team, how to resign, and information on how the government will assist their dependents in the event of death while on the line of duty.

The man then gives a speech explaining that he is their Coordinator. When he gives out a task, he expects them to get it done. The Coordinator then instructs the team members without costumes (Moonwalker, Subject-206, and Captain Amazing) to head down to the PR and tech departments to get costumes made. When that is completed, he gives them their first assignment.

"An experimental robot broke out of a government lab yesterday. It's programming is to pretend to be a human, and it will do anything to avoid being found out. It was designed to infiltrate a terrorist organization, but something went wrong, and it wound up thinking the information on Islamic Jihad and Terrorism we had given it was its orders. We need it to be stopped and brought back with it's memory and programming intact so we can find out what when wrong. Understand?"

(Can you all create costumes for yourselves if you haven't already? If your stumped for a costume, try this generator)

« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 12:15:31 pm by Persus13 »
Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2013, 10:58:42 am »

Quote from: First Costume Generator
Your costume looks like a contemporary catsuit designed in gold.
That actually bang on Zoey first draft it you make it black. It a sign.

costume looks like a contemporary catsuit designed in Jet black. Horse is also black, but no red eyes sadly. Emblem is displayed on my belt. It also includes a long cape and a headband
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2013, 11:01:35 am »

Also, y'all can begin posting actions
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2013, 11:24:09 am »

Amazing Superheroes!
Issue 1: Day of the Islamic Terror Robot!
Um...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 12:02:23 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2013, 11:37:20 am »

Amazing Superheroes!
Issue 1: Day of the Islamic Terror Robot!
Um...
Bad Link

Alright, I'll change the title.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 12:15:18 pm by Persus13 »
Sigtext

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2013, 12:44:08 pm »

Your costume looks like a retro suit of armor designed in gray.  Your emblem is displayed on your belt.  It also includes a visor.  It has excellent insulent properties.

So I'm basically going around in a suit of medieval plate armour.  Sound's good.

My emblem shall be the head of a bull, black with a blue background.  The helmet should also be shaped like a bull's head (like this: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8406/8622997166_c950f4e051_z.jpg)

"Alright team, we need to catch this robot.  I'll use my powers to try and figure out where it went."

Look back in time to the moment the robot escaped, and try to figure out where it was headed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2013, 01:29:58 pm »

Erin's costume looked sort of like a NASCAR-sleek and bright, with corporate logos plastered all over it.

"The only thing I like less than robots are bad hair days." Erin says to her team, mugging for any camera in the area. "That's why I never leave home without my KCS Girly Girly Sparkle Spray! It keeps me bouncy all day long!" she said, taking a can off her 'utility' belt.

She tended to do this quite alot when on the clock.

Action: Follow the team! Rearrange my corporate logos for maximum presentability and contact our PR department-we're going to need this on the 10'o clock
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2013, 01:37:22 pm »

((I would work well with inquisitor, I like it.))
Quote from: costume
Your costume looks like a steampunk combat outfit designed in black. It also includes a red sash, dark grey greatcoat, gasmask and military cap. Your emblem is displayed on your cap, it is a stylized 'I'.

Inquisitor stood at the back of the room, his voice muffled by the gasmask.

"We must catch this heretic, before he blasphemes even more."

read the contract in detail, especially the reasons to be kicked out and expected to do parts
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9