Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: The Amazing Superheroes! Issue 1  (Read 14921 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: The Amazing Superheroes! Now accepting applications
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2013, 08:33:53 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Your criminal record and method of fighting crime prevents you from joining the team and shows it would be better if you were imprisoned. The SWAT teams are outside your door now.

(Sorry, but government policy couldn't accept your character. You can make another one. Also, I may use this character as a minor villain at some point.)
(One case of manslaughter as a child, one drunk mistake with one person injured and one self-confessed murder of a pedophile. I think there been presidents with worse records. But it your game so I'll think about another one. Still think the government would look past that minor(relative) blip. Like every war crime ever on the winning side.)

Yeah, but part of this is good PR. the government wants to look like its embracing superheroes, and endorsing superheroes that are upholding good old American Justice. I explicitly stated that the government wouldn't accept superheroes with criminal records of a felony or higher (Definition of felony is a crime that has a sentence of one year plus).
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2013, 08:34:36 am »

Hey Persus, how do you like my character? :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2013, 08:35:45 am »

((@Scap/Yeah, but the presidents at least lied about on the government forms :P ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2013, 08:41:03 am »

Hey Persus, how do you like my character? :P
Dear Joseph Bartley, Thank you for expressing interest in the program. You are a very qualified candidate who is in need of a assistance with building a superhero identity. May we suggest your superhero name be Uncle Sam and if you are accepted in stage 2 of the Application process that you take one of our red, white, and blue superhero uniforms.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2013, 08:42:32 am »

Any issues with my character sheet? I can correct them if needed.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2013, 08:47:15 am »

Yeah, but part of this is good PR. the government wants to look like its embracing superheroes, and endorsing superheroes that are upholding good old American Justice. I explicitly stated that the government wouldn't accept superheroes with criminal records of a felony or higher (Definition of felony is a crime that has a sentence of one year plus).
Manslaugher: Waved on being 5 years old(below can't remember the name) Drunk act: six month max due to returned goods and one kick to someone face. Murder: unsolved till Amy opened her mouth in a not open to the public place.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 09:31:54 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2013, 08:48:54 am »

Spoiler: Colin Herbert (click to show/hide)

Never read Worm, have you?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2013, 08:51:52 am »

Superhero Name: Inquisitor
Secret Identity: Harold Winters
Job: Sales clerk in an office supply store
Criminal Record: None
Background history: Every day he walks to work, he sees the scum of our city. People scoping out cars to steal, littering all over the place and jaywalking. The distant echo of a gunshot and a woman's scream. It's no better when he arrives at work, his coworkers are always late and supplies often go 'missing'. It makes him sick. So at night and during the weekends he dons his jackboots, overcoat and mask and becomes Inquisitor. Always unexpected, he stops the criminals right in their heretical tracks, all in the name of the highest order in our universe, The Law.
Other: Harold believes in the absolute word of The Law (not the confused with t law, lowercase, which is also corrupt.).

((May rewrite the name/backstory if the superpower doesn't fit the character))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2013, 09:31:39 am »

You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2013, 09:56:09 am »

Superhero Name: Well, haven't actually thought of one yet, considering I haven't had need of one.. (Depends on power)
Secret Identity: Jonathan Blake
Job: Taxi driver
Criminal Record: None
Background history: It's not very exciting.  Most heroes they have interesting backgrounds, or traumatic experiences that made them become who they are.  Me, I had an average life.  I was the youngest of three siblings: Me, Violet and Kyle.  We lived a happy, normal life in a small town in Southern England.  My father was a teacher in the local school, while my mother was a part-time writer.  I grew up there, lived a normal life, the moved out as people do.  I moved to the city to try and get a good job there, ended up working as a taxi driver.  Don't get me wrong, I like my job.  You get to meet all sorts of people. 
I became... who I am now after the bombings.  You may have seen it on the news, the terrorist attack in the city...  a lot of people died that day.  Me, I was one of the lucky ones, only caught the edge of the blast.  It was still enough to wreck my taxi and send me crashing through a local book store though.  When I came to, I found... Well, you can guess what I found.  Anyway, after that I carried on as normal, kept up my job.  That's until I saw this website, and though that maybe I can do some good.
Other: Err..... I'm allergic to nuts?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2013, 10:28:52 am »

Spoiler: Colin Herbert (click to show/hide)

Never read Worm, have you?
Worm?

EDIT: Now I think I've found what you are talking about. Does something similar happen in the web series?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 10:38:24 am by Persus13 »
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2013, 10:39:26 am »

Web fiction. It's set in a superhero universe where...you know, I'll just link you to it. It's pretty long. Which reminds me, there's a new update today.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2013, 10:42:07 am »

Worm?

EDIT: Now I think I've found what you are talking about. Does something similar happen in the web series?

He probably means that it's not really all that important that the heroes actually are good, have not committed felonies and stand for truth, justice and the American way. That's exactly what the secrecy of a hero's identity (assuming they haven't had it before becoming a hero) conceals. What matters is that their new identity, that of the hero, seems immaculate to the public at large.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2013, 10:43:57 am »

Worm?

He probably means that it's not really all that important that the heroes actually are good, have not committed felonies and stand for truth, justice and the American way. That's exactly what the secrecy of a hero's identity (assuming they haven't had it before becoming a hero) conceals. What matters is that their new identity, that of the hero, seems immaculate to the public at large.

Yeah, but Scapheap's character killed a child molester while fighting  crime. And if an investigative journalist finds dirt on a hero, it could destroy the program.
Sigtext

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2013, 10:45:07 am »

I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9