Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: The Amazing Superheroes! Issue 1  (Read 14898 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The Amazing Superheroes! Issue 1
« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2013, 03:32:27 pm »

Whops, this updates fast! :O

--

Action: Call up corporate. Any info on this bot? We gotta make the win flashy.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2013, 03:34:48 pm »

--

Well, the reason it updated was because I had all 6 actions and a weekend. It'll take longer for turns now that I'm back in school
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2013, 04:23:22 pm »

Amazing Superheroes!
Issue 1: Day of the Rogue Robot!
Page 3

Paladin decides to follow the coordinator's lead, then turns to face the rest of the team.

"Alright team, listen up.  We're going to head over to the last known location of the robot to see what we can find.  We've been provided with vehicles for this task; a high-tech van, a helicopter, and some motorcycles.  I will be using the van as a command vehicle, and will use the equipment to monitor communications and evaluate the situation as it unfolds.  Do any of you have any piloting experience, as we will need someone in that chopper to be our eye in the sky, to keep an eye out for any sign of the robot or any other suspicious activity.  I could also do with one or two of you to get on motorcycles to act as reconnaissance and fast response units.  I also need one of you to drive the van as well.  I would do it, but I can't do that and use the equipment.  206, you can trail the van on your horse if you want, though you may attract a lot of attention."   
He paused for a moment to let it sink in.  "Any questions?"
Paladin turns to the team and gives his orders. The Coordinator chips in that he has personnel who can fly the chopper, and the Inquisitor offers to drive the van. No else responds, except Sockman who wants to get going and calls the helicopter. Paladin heads for the van, followed by the Inquisitor and gets in. (6+1+1) Paladin walks straight into something, injuring his head, and falls to the ground.

Clearly Moonwalker needs more practice. Hide in the back of whichever vehicle the team uses. See how long he can stay without getting noticed.
Moonwalker sneaks off and hides in the back of the van. (6+1+1) Moonwalker stays very still, and none sees him. Then Paladin walks straight into him, and falls down, but (5) Moonwalker is uninjured.

Sockman sighs to himself after Captain Amazing or Paladin or whatever he wishes to call himself failed.

If things were simple, I would simply try to find it. But no worries you tried. Let us go to the location yes?

Sockman goes to head to the location, if at all possible via helicopter, and landing at the location to look for clues as to where this being may of gone. Whether or not people took a different approach was of no concern to him. Perhaps if Sockman were to find a clue, he could use his seeing ability to track the robot.
Sockman gets into the helicopter with Subject-206 and Solaris. (2) However, the helicopter stays on the ground, waiting for some last minute safety checks.

Subject-206 shall look up info on the bot
Subject-206 looks up info on the robot. (6-1) The Coordinator hands her a copy of some reports about the robot, including schematics of the robot, and an account of the robot's escape as she gets in the helicopter. She soon learns that the robot blew a hole in a building while training with explosives, killed a guard, took his weapons and ran. (2) Subject-206 is unable to find any weaknesses in the robot.

"Whatever you want, captain shiny. I'll drive the van, If you'd like."

Go to location. Either driving the van if captain shiny wants me to, or a driving the motorcycle
The Inquistor hops in the drivers seat in the van. Behind him he hears a loud thump and sees Paladin on the ground. The Inquisitor shrugs and drives off to the secret test facility. (1) Along the way, the road is blocked by a large crystal mutant, that just sent a female superhero flying.

--

Solaris calls the corporation as she gets in the helicopter. (2) The corporation Solaris works for says they don't have any info on an escaped terrorist bot, but tells Solaris that the government should prepare for next time by buying a Smothers Robot Disabler Fence.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 05:42:51 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2013, 04:42:54 pm »

Action: Did we find that robot yet? If so, engage! If not, keep looking.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2013, 05:45:09 pm »

Let's go already. I must look for the clues! For now, use ability to survey the area, looking for obvious tracks.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2013, 06:08:48 pm »

"Shit man, sorry about that. I'd say 'watch where you're going', but I guess this one was my fault."

Moonwalker disabled his camouflage system and helped Paladin up.

"Well, since the old guy just took the van and I can't drive a bike, I guess we should hop in the chopper."

Go do that.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2013, 03:44:06 pm »

"Shit man, sorry about that. I'd say 'watch where you're going', but I guess this one was my fault."

"Well, since the old guy just took the van and I can't drive a bike, I guess we should hop in the chopper."

Go do that.
Both you and Paladin are in the van, he just walked into you, in the back of the van.

Also, waiting on Draco,pancaek, and scapheap
Sigtext

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2013, 04:03:42 pm »

"What is that creature blocking the road?  Is it attacking someone?  We need to help her!"

Rush outside, creating duplicates of myself to surround, confuse, and disorient the mutant.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2013, 04:39:34 pm »

"I hate it when the heretics are taller than me"

Exit van, go into the shadows and obfuscate the mutant's vision

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2013, 08:13:29 am »

Wait for takeoff(and landing or crashing)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 02, 2013, 05:29:11 pm »

Amazing Superheroes!
Issue 1: Day of the Rogue Robot!
Page 4

Action: Did we find that robot yet? If so, engage! If not, keep looking.
Solaris drums her fingers as she waits impatiently to find the robot. (5) Above her, she hears a helicopter rotor start as it begins to turn. A few seconds later, the helicopter rises into the air and flies towards the location of the robot. After a while, it lands at the factory the robot escaped from.

Let's go already. I must look for the clues! For now, use ability to survey the area, looking for obvious tracks.
Sockman looks down at the city, looking for the location they're going to and waiting for arrival. (3) The helicopter is making progress until they hear a radio conversation about how the van is currently blocked off by a crystal mutant in the center of an intersection. (4) The helicopter is told to keep going, and the pilot eventually lands on a helipad near a factory. There's a large hole in the side of the building, and Sockman heads over to investigate. (2) Sockman manages to deduce that something blew a hole in the building.

Go do that.
Moonwalker helps Paladin up, and for a confused second thinks he's still in the hanger, before realizing he's in the back of the van. Then he sees Paladin and the Inquisitor run out towards what looks like something shiny that is currently being tackled by about 50 street magicians.

"What is that creature blocking the road?  Is it attacking someone?  We need to help her!"

Rush outside, creating duplicates of myself to surround, confuse, and disorient the mutant.
Paladin rushes outside to try to help, and sees what looks like 20 street magicians tackle the creature. Paladin duplicates himself and sends them to help. (4 vs. 1) The duplicates of Paladin pile on to the creature too, bringing it to its knees on the ground.

"I hate it when the heretics are taller than me"

Exit van, go into the shadows and obfuscate the mutant's vision
The Inquisitor jumps out of the van, and heads directly for a shadowed wall. He attempts to confuse the creatures vision. (3) The creature is now seeing double.

Wait for takeoff(and landing or crashing)
Subject-206 patiently waits as the helicopter travels to their destination, a medium sized factory like building with a hole in it.
Sigtext

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2013, 06:25:54 pm »

Observe the battle from the shadows. Can't exactly do much against a creature made of crystal when you don't have any relevant powers, right?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2013, 07:42:18 pm »

Look deeper for clues, besides the hole.

Well there is a hole, perhaps tracks?
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 03, 2013, 02:52:41 am »

Summon horse(roll with it) and scout the area.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 03, 2013, 06:08:23 am »

Summon horse(roll with it) and scout the area.
(([1] You roll your horse as if it was a dice, it kicks your face in))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9