Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: The Amazing Superheroes! Issue 1  (Read 14925 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: The Amazing Superheroes! Now accepting applications
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2013, 06:12:56 pm »

Oooo, I like this one. Can I have it, please?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2013, 06:26:07 pm »

You know how I said that one was the best one yet? I lied. Here is the best thing ever. Of all time:

I mean shit, he has a RAZOR SHARP BADGER, a VENEMOUS MINIGUN that is apparently also IRRADIATED, but its ok because he can just KICK THE RADIATION AT PEOPLE. Did I mention this is a homeless dude? :P
I now want this for my dude SOOOOO bad.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2013, 07:07:02 pm »

If you got to keep that one, I'm guessing you'd need a new weakness. If we're going to be working for the government we'll probably be given a place to live, and your dude would no longer be homeless.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2013, 07:31:57 pm »

You guys just made me laugh so hard, then it turned into a coughing fit, because that's what happens when i burst out laughing at the moment.

Now for some reason I want to know what you think of my app
It's fine, why?

((Hey, Persus, can you share the rejected powersets at the end of any posts where someone gets powers?))
Sure. Except I already started writing up powers

Also, I'm thinking of making a thread for those who don't get accepted into the Amazing Superheroes. Any thoughts?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2013, 07:32:40 pm »

The Kinda Pathetic Sidekicks?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2013, 08:12:11 pm »

The Kinda Pathetic Sidekicks?
i was thinking of it as a normal superhero RTD where the people go around and fight crime or Cthulhu or blow random stuff up, or become a super villain.

(If you think that the last few are odd, THIS! IS! BAY12!)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2013, 08:23:43 pm »

First 6 up. There's currently about 12 applications, so halfway done.

Soon after Cromwell submitted his application, he got a reply. "Dear Cromwell Jackson. This is to inform you that you look like a qualified applicant to the team, and have passed stage 1 of the application process. Report to City Hall and head to the superhero section in costume (if you have one) at 1 PM sharp tomorrow. Signed, Dorothea Brooks, Superhero Recruitment Manager "

When Cromwell arrives, Dorothea is waiting and ready to interview him. The interview proceeds smoothly, Cromwell performing a few magic tricks and discussing his reasons for fighting crime. He then mentions that he doesn't have superpowers, causing Dorothea to smile. "Don't worry, we can fix that!" Dorothea speaks into a headset, requesting that someone bring the Abracadabra serum. A technician appears holding an injector, swabs Cromwell's arm and then injects the substance into his arm. Cromwell cries out, and suddenly there are two copies of Cromwell. He stares in shock, before the other Cromwell disappears. Dorothea starts talking "This serum gives you the ability to make duplicates of yourself. However, your duplicates will fade if you lose consciousness or fall asleep. You look like an excellent candidate for the team, and we'll notify you on whether you will be able to join the team. If you fail to qualify as a starting member, we promise you will be put on a waitlist until a replacement is needed."

Spoiler: Mastahcheese (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Soon after Novus applies, he gets a response. "Dear Vyacheslav Antonovich Yozhevy. This is to inform you that you look like a qualified applicant to the team, and have passed stage 1 of the application process. Report to City Hall and head to the superhero section in costume (if you have one) at 1 PM sharp tomorrow. Signed, Dorothea Brooks, Superhero Recruitment Manager "

When Novus shows up the next day, he's met by a woman named Irina. After going paranoid about her being a Russian agent to send him home, he manages to control himself and goes in to be interviewed. The interview goes well, until Irina finds out he's an immigrant  with no powers, then she summons the tech team to give him some powers. When the tech team is done messing with him, Novus has the power to copy the skills of his attackers. Additionally, he is able to create magic out of thin air and he wades into combat using a terrible gun that can force foes to freeze in place, however only while performing a series of gestures. Novus can transform any snake into a creature. Tragically, Novus is deathly afraid of fish.

Spoiler: Harry Baldman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)

Jenny's application goes straight through, and she gets a response scheduling an appointment at 1 PM the next day. Her interviewer is a guy named Chris. Chris quickly gets to know jenny, and eventually they get on the subject of powers.

Spoiler: Rejected Power Set 1 (click to show/hide)

Jenny's powers were varied. She could edit people's memories and transform her body into rock. She can control sheep, who view her as their lord, and she can break through string. However, she is very vulnerable to attacks with crystals.

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hero! (click to show/hide)

Erin's application passes, resulting in her getting a 2 Pm appointment for an interview. Her interviewer is a 30 year-old man named Chris. The interview soon gets into discussions over whther the accident that caused her powers was legal, on-purpose, and if she needs the corporation's permission to be on the team. Then the discussion gets to Erin's powers. Erin's powers are strange. Erin can make lions appear from nowhere, however never during a full moon. She likewise developed the talent to absorb the damage from electricity(changed from energy)-based attacks and use it to amplify her talent at repairing stuff and she is able to run to far away planets, but only when angry. Erin can become incorporeal, but using this power makes her immovable for five minutes. Additionally, she has the power to transform any dinosaur into magic, but never in extreme magnetism. Erin possesses the power to block powerful magnetic fields and deflect them toward a single adversary. Terribly, Erin struggles with being unable to smell, the one negative side-effect of the laboratory accident.

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Joseph gets an appointment scheduled for 2 PM. He shows up at 2:17, apologizing and blaming his terrible skill at finding places, a side effect of his powers. He explains his powers very loudly to Dorothea, who takes notes on a clipboard. Joseph Bartley has the power to become incredibly massive. Additionally, he developed the talent to make duplicates of himself. Unfortunately, Joseph Bartley is infamous for being woefully unskilled at searching.

Sure, why not?

Samuel's application gets through without a hitch. He shows up at 2 Pm and meets with Irina. Irina interviews Samuel, and learns he has good fighting and hiding skills from growing up in LA. She then calls in a technician to administer Serum THW1-A to him. It's only after administration that they discover that they accidentally gave him THW1-B to him. Samuel can now transform any monkey into physical matter.

Spoiler: Sirus (click to show/hide)
Sigtext

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2013, 08:37:13 pm »

...I feel slightly disappointed somehow :P

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2013, 08:52:21 pm »

Sidereal's first power set would be pretty good, if all those powers weren't on one guy.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2013, 09:05:23 pm »

Sidereal's first power set would be pretty good, if all those powers weren't on one guy.
Agreed
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2013, 10:19:48 pm »

Next ones

Spoiler: Colin Herbert (click to show/hide)

Colin coughs a lot as he enters his interview. During the interview, the government learns that Colin Herbert has mastered the ability to confuse the vision of an attacker. Additionally, he developed the talent to throw night arrows from his tail toward any rival close by, but this power fades when he is knocked unconscious. Shamefully, Colin Herbert is well-known for being sickly.

((May rewrite the name/backstory if the superpower doesn't fit the character))
The interview is interesting. The Inquisitor doesn't say much besides "I am the Inquistor who stops men in the name of the Law." However, during the inter view, the government learns that the Inquisitor is able to confuse the vision of an opponent. Additionally, he has the ability to become incorporeal, however never in bright light. The Inquisitor developed the talent to sculpt and mold all dust with a thought, but using this power draws a lot of attention.

Zoey's interview goes well, despite being quizzed on terrorism. The interviewer takes notes on her superpowers, including that Subject-206 possesses the power to steal attacks of her foes and use it against them, but she must speak words of power to do so. Additionally, she rides an awe-inspiring horse into battle and she can confuse the vision of an opponent. Subject-206 can become almost weightless. Sadly, Subject-206 endures the burden of being unlucky.

Interviewer Notes: Jonathan Blake has an unusual leadership ability (possible leader of team?). He also has mastered the ability to transform any badger into a lion and he possesses the power to transform his body into gold. Jonathan Blake has developed all of the powers and talents of a cow and he has learned to communicate with goats telepathically. Also, he boasts a super ability to see the past and he has the power to make duplicates of himself. Unfortunately, Jonathan Blake becomes rigidly inflexible in the presence of plastic. While most of his powers are not useful, if Jonathan is accepted he would make a great team leader.

(threw out one because superpower was speed and weakness was slowness)

Sockman's interview was one of the wierdest. Until they figured out Sockman was afraid of men, they couldn't have the interview, and when a female interviewer was used, the interview turned into a discussion on communism and its use in the United States. However, the agency managed to discover that Sockman possesses the power to sculpt and mold all shadow with a thought. Additionally, he is able to view distant locations with his mind and he has mastered the ability to take control of dinosaurs. Sockman combats antagonists wielding a destructive club made from fire and he developed the talent to block fireballs and deflect them against any enemy in sight. Additionally, he can tunnel through solid mental energy. Lamentably, Sockman is deathly afraid of men.

Ronain's interview goes off well. As soon as the interviewer finds out about the leg injury, they give Ronain a serum that allows him to heal from wounds quickly. It also gave him a small beneficial side-effect.

Spoiler: Exkirby (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 03:55:06 pm by Persus13 »
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2013, 11:00:56 pm »

The winners are!!!!! 10,9,8,4,11 annnndddddd 6!

The line-up of the Amazing Superheroes is:
Captain Amazing, the Team Leader! (aka Jonathan Blake)
Sockman, the American Communist with the club of fire!
Subject-206, the unlucky horse-riding attack-thief!
The Inquisitor, the man who hides in the shadows, but fights for the Law!
Moonwalker, the token minority superhero!
And Solaris, the one who has the weirdest powers ever!

And if you failed to get in, head over to the Amazing Outcasts thread. Or just wait until one of the team members loses their position for whatever reason.
Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2013, 03:19:39 am »

Now, is the horse something I found or is it from my superpowers? Because bio weapon borne horses are not common.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2013, 05:16:46 am »

I'm totally gonna play Moonwalker as a Batman expy. Just saying.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2013, 06:51:29 am »

Now, is the horse something I found or is it from my superpowers? Because bio weapon borne horses are not common.
You can choose how you got the horse.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9