Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 56

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 6 - Game Over!  (Read 167595 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 6 - Day 3 solves metaproblems
« Reply #585 on: November 18, 2013, 06:04:22 pm »

Meph:  Can role 'Illusionist' players redirect actions which do not involve their target 'leaving the house' to make the target's action happen?
Illusionists are very powerful. Only a select few roles can ignore their magic.
Meph: Does the Illusionist also..illusionify (heh, ok. Affect) the player as a player and not the house? As in, it affects the player..holistically? And not the darn house?
The Illusionist targets the player in question. Anything else is simply flavor.

OK, so..it does work against mystics. :v

Anyways.

If a player is immune to the illusionist, does it show (ie: that warlock thing 'IMMUNE TO REDIRECTS') specifically in their role PM? If there is no detail, then free-guessing is up on whether it was blocked or not, right?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 18, 2013, 06:05:36 pm »

The illusionist does not gain any knowledge about their target.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 18, 2013, 06:11:47 pm »

...And no the bolded part isn't what I'm irked about. I'm irked that you..played something else, and then..well, missed a contradiction to yer point which is a HUGE accusation. ie Imp's mystic-ness and your mystic-ness.
Played something else? Do you even know what you are talking about?

At the very least if I were redirected, I would see somebody elses face.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 18, 2013, 06:17:24 pm »

...And no the bolded part isn't what I'm irked about. I'm irked that you..played something else, and then..well, missed a contradiction to yer point which is a HUGE accusation. ie Imp's mystic-ness and your mystic-ness.
Played something else? Do you even know what you are talking about?

At the very least if I were redirected, I would see somebody elses face.
...So Imp was redirected then?

Also played = Risk of Rain.

...Votecount//Timecount. I'd really like to weigh in today after a good checking.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Supernatural 6
« Reply #589 on: November 18, 2013, 06:19:45 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Max White: Imp, Jim Groovester, Toaster, Persus13, Tiruin
Persus13: Max White, notquitethere, ToonyMan

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today (~1.5 hours)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 18, 2013, 06:20:25 pm »

I don't know if anybody was redirected! Maybe? Maybe Imp is lying. Maybe there is a different role messing up inspects. Maybe something else.

Also, seriously, your annoyed because I've been playing a game other than the one I am essentially already dead in? Really Tiruin? I'm only human.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: November 18, 2013, 06:21:20 pm »

My action PM told me specifically that I cast the runes for Max White.  There was nothing in this result PM that suggested anything about my character having any odd experiences, difficulty, or confusion - just like his runes being simple things, Cup Bread Cloth - he must be a survivor.

I don't see faces, but I don't see anything in my PM that I can interpret as being aware of any sense of misdirection or my mind wandering to a different target.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 6
« Reply #592 on: November 18, 2013, 06:25:34 pm »

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today (~1.5 hours)
Bloody hell. >_<

I don't know if anybody was redirected! Maybe? Maybe Imp is lying. Maybe there is a different role messing up inspects. Maybe something else.

Also, seriously, your annoyed because I've been playing a game other than the one I am essentially already dead in? Really Tiruin? I'm only human.
Yes..I'm..sorry DX It's just..argghghghh. The whole talk and the debate and the linking.
Blarghh, too many things to think about. Whatever happens, Sorry! I do however, feel that my vote is placed right by my words a few tens of posts ago, but sorry if I hit you that way because of that! :S

My action PM told me specifically that I cast the runes for Max White.  There was nothing in this result PM that suggested anything about my character having any odd experiences, difficulty, or confusion - just like his runes being simple things, Cup Bread Cloth - he must be a survivor.

I don't see faces, but I don't see anything in my PM that I can interpret as being aware of any sense of misdirection or my mind wandering to a different target.
Specifically, survivor? Or you just hinted it?

... >.<
This is all my stress talking.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 18, 2013, 06:28:48 pm »

he must be a survivor.
Oh come on, you scumlord!

"He is a savior!"
Later on, when you realize that survivor fits your need a little better because then you can say I'm a knight or something.
"He is a survivor!"

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 6
« Reply #594 on: November 18, 2013, 06:29:15 pm »

Specifically, survivor? Or you just hinted it?

... >.<
This is all my stress talking.

Specifically Survivor.  I have a clear result of Survivor, specifically a simple result of Survivor - like the runes for him were simple things.  And the PM starts with me being told that my mind is focused on Max White - which was my intended N2 target to investigate.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 18, 2013, 06:31:26 pm »

This is just insulting. With less time left for people to actually see what you are doing, suddenly the story changes from savior to survivor.

Are you just doing this because there isn't enough time left to stop you? Is that it? It is a 'Screw you, I lynched the cop!' dance before oblivion tomorrow?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 18, 2013, 06:33:48 pm »

he must be a survivor.
Oh come on, you scumlord!

"He is a savior!"
Later on, when you realize that survivor fits your need a little better because then you can say I'm a knight or something.
"He is a survivor!"

Err, you made that up from where, Max?

This is my role and results claim post:

Night two I investigated Max White.  I picked him for similar reasons to Caz - I'm not suspicious of him, I'm having trouble reading him, and his play's middle ground... Maybe that DOESN'T mean someone's likely to be around to end game, but I still expect that trend.

I got the result of survivor for him, with the symbols Cup, Bread, and Cloth.  My character did not lean back and ponder this - this one was simple to her. These are simple things, Max White (refered to as a he in my PM) must be a survivor.

My initial analysis of these results were that he was not-Scum (maybe 3rd party), because I was looking for -nature- flavor to Scum.  His three runes are all man made objects.  I had no intentions from that result to claim.

But now Max White has claimed an investigator role - and the 'best' one there is (in my opinion) - the one that gives the clearest results possible.  I do not see how he could possibly have given me the result survivor while having an investigative role.  This has convinced me that my time to claim is now.

I have said nothing counter to this that I am aware of.

Can you please give a link to what you mean?

This is just insulting. With less time left for people to actually see what you are doing, suddenly the story changes from savior to survivor.

Are you just doing this because there isn't enough time left to stop you? Is that it? It is a 'Screw you, I lynched the cop!' dance before oblivion tomorrow?

Fascinating.  Are you trying to get a last hour panicked rush of votes switched from you - or are you trying to make sure I don't feel guilty about having happened to be in a position to counter your lie?  I'm not suffering, if that's your reasoning, but thank you.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 18, 2013, 06:35:58 pm »

Wait, you actually did claim survivor. I'm sorry, somewhere I got the idea you claimed I was a savior... So where did I get that idea from, I think somebody mentioned it somewhere.

Eh, I'm sure if somebody rereads the thread it will come up, but meh.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 18, 2013, 06:36:57 pm »

Jim: You're...giving up on Max this late? Just like that?

I gave up a lot earlier than today. If at first, it was between Max White and Persus13, I would have voted Persus13. But Imp's claim and Max White's tepid reaction more or less solidified my decision.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: November 18, 2013, 06:39:31 pm »

Wait, you actually did claim survivor. I'm sorry, somewhere I got the idea you claimed I was a savior... So where did I get that idea from, I think somebody mentioned it somewhere.

Eh, I'm sure if somebody rereads the thread it will come up, but meh.

Neat.  This forum has a great search function, with this thread open, it automatically selects to search 'This thread'.  Typed in savior and searched.  The first mention of savior in the thread is today, first mention came from Max, here.

But no, it makes more sense to you that I'm a knight, and therefor also a savior? Because that makes perfect fucking sense. The knight is most likely a survivor, protector at a stretch, but saving other people isn't in the job description, yet we can just overlook that.

I won't quote the rest of the mentions, but every other one is either you or someone else quoting you.

That was fun and exciting though!  Thank you for giving me an adrenaline moment and adding more wonder and excitement to my play.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 56