Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Been playing for a few months, now its time for questions \o/  (Read 1837 times)

Setes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Been playing for a few months, now its time for questions \o/
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2013, 12:32:00 pm »

Holy shit, thats awesome :O, i'll make my own installation instead of the LNP when i start my next fort, i dont want to mess with the files while i've got a fortress going as i might break stuff in an unfun way :(

Edit; fuck me, i'm a moron, forgot to set the bridges tomy fort to "raise" instead of "retract", just let in the enemy invasion WELP, fun was had

Setes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2013, 11:31:41 am »

People always keep talking about trading prepared food as a good source for dwarfbucks, but under what category are the prepared food pots?, i cant seem to find it :/

cdombroski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2013, 11:55:34 am »

For reasons unknown, prepared food pots/barrels (and a few crafty things) don't appear in any category. You just have to scroll/search through the everything list to find them.

Setes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2013, 01:04:41 pm »

Well, prepared food barrels show up on the "Barrels" list, but the pots dont, oh well, time to spend half an hour doing that :P

WhimsyWink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2013, 04:06:39 pm »

I don't know if the option is only through DFhack but I have a sort by value option which puts the prepared foods near the top of my 'All' list
Ellipsis free since August 2013.

Setes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2013, 06:33:55 pm »

Interesting, what command is that, i cant find anything in the manual with a quick ctrl+f :)

WhimsyWink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2013, 01:27:14 pm »

your broker needs to have appraisal: (which he gets after one successful trade session I think); broker at depot, move goods: "d" should toggle between sort by distance and sort by value
Ellipsis free since August 2013.

Setes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2013, 06:55:01 pm »

OOoooooh...

Color me stupid, thanks :)

jcochran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2013, 10:35:12 am »

Well, prepared food barrels show up on the "Barrels" list, but the pots dont, oh well, time to spend half an hour doing that :P
Pots are under the "tools" list. But if you have dfhack installed, you do get a search option so looking for "prepared" works well.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2013, 03:55:31 pm »

Pots are under the "tools" list. But if you have dfhack installed, you do get a search option so looking for "prepared" works well.
You don't need dfhack, it's in the vanilla game as well.

hiroshi42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2013, 11:03:33 pm »

2) For a cheap and dirty way of getting war animals 'assigned' to a dwarf have Urist McTarget train the animal by enabling the trainer labor and then assigning him to train that animal in the animals screen.  if left unpastured and unassigned the war critter will follow the dwarf around.  This avoids the fun that comes when your legendary axedwarf loses all 10 pets in one battle.

For any annoying pet/dwarf always remember the old dwarven mystic's riddle: If a cat dies and no one is around to see it and it leaves no body does anyone get upset?  I was unable to get his answer because I turned around for a moment and when I looked back at him a bridge had fallen and he disappeared.  To this very day I wonder where he might be.
'Your' jetpack was last seen attached to a nuclear powered science tank on Mars.
It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarvern science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
Pages: 1 [2]