Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblins not fighting with undead nor forgotten beasts  (Read 2430 times)

the_hentagonist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Goblins not fighting with undead nor forgotten beasts
« on: September 26, 2013, 12:23:49 am »

I have some undead and goblins captured, as well as a forgotten beast, but when I tried to make 6 of the undead fight 2 archer goblins and 1 pike goblin (in the leftmost room in the picture linked) they just ran around the room not fighting each other. I cleared out the room and put 4 goblin thieves in there with the forgotten beast instead, but they're not fighting either. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

http://i.imgur.com/wByTKNh.png

SnK-Arcbound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblins not fighting with undead nor forgotten beasts
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 04:16:40 pm »

Oh lord, they've formed alliances. How will the dwarven world ever survive?

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 05:42:13 pm »

The goblins may be just trying to escape, but the undead should've deifinitely tried to attack the gobbos.

Did the zombies run after the gobbos or were they passive? What is the FB doing?

the_hentagonist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 01:43:22 am »

When it was the goblins and the zombies they just ran around the room spastically, so maybe that is what was happening. Now the goblins and the FB are just chilling, not moving much at all. I just thought, can the goblin thieves stealth? Maybe they are hiding from the FB and that's why it's not attacking them... I'll try putting zombies and archer goblins in too and see what happens.

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 09:08:00 am »

Yeah, the zombies can have a hard time catching the gobbos, but they definitely can't stealth after they've been revealed as far as I know. (I kinda wish they could, would make things quite interesting.)

The FB is a different story, since usually megabeasts are hostile towards goblins as well as your dwarves. Has it suffered major injuries or is it poisoned? The problem is, most likely, that the FB's 'faction' has somehow aligned with the gobbo faction.

the_hentagonist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 09:26:27 pm »

It is injured. I'm not sure what caused it, because it received them in a part of the caverns I've not explored yet before I caught it. I can't remember its exact injuries, but several of its body parts are dented

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 10:30:38 am »

Maybe it's immobilized then somehow. Try sending a dwarf in to poke it with a stick. :D

the_hentagonist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 05:16:08 pm »

The FB can move, and it can fight. It killed a dwarf when I captured it

rjs71053

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 08:50:08 pm »

I have read before that fighting will not take place between non-dwarves in confined spaces.  Can't say I have seen it either way myself.  However, I can say that hallway looks pretty confined to me.

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 08:14:35 am »

I've tested some stuff and here are the results:

Undead are ALWAYS hostile towards living beings.

Caged creatures, upon release, won't sometimes fight even if they would 'in the wilds'. Not sure if this is dependent on the creature's species or something, since a Bronze Colossus will always fight gobbos etc while some other megabeasts like Minotaurs aren't always willing to fight after releasing them from cages.

the_hentagonist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 02:00:23 am »

The FB has never been in a cage.

I just put the undead and the original 2 goblin archers and 1 goblin pikeman in with the FB and the goblin thieves. This must have set something off because the FB killed everything, including the thieves it wasn't attacking before. I'm going to put the rest of the undead I have in with the FB and see if they'll fight.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 02:45:56 am »

It could be that forgotten beasts are generally nonhostile towards goblins. AFAIK both are considered subterranean creatures, and subterraneans generally don't in-fight; the goblin deaths after adding undead may have been collateral damage. I had a silk-spitting Beast sitting in the same bridge-trap as a cave ogre, and the two got along splendidly. Titans may be another matter, because they're not underground critters.

PS: in one fort, i also had a captured cave ogre in a pit whom i used to dispose of excess critters (animalpeople mostly). It chewed up all my surface catches and tame animals but never touched the plump helmet men.