Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26

Author Topic: Looter's Delight 2: I am the Lizard King  (Read 36177 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight 2: A Deathmatch with Treasure: Mr. Torgue Would be Proud
« Reply #330 on: November 19, 2013, 12:03:58 am »

((I dun have it. Unfortunately, all we have at my school is a Counsellor and a Tech teacher that doubles as the medic for the school.))

((Same situation here, it's a shame. I wish our school would get enough money to have things like a trained physchologist. At least next year they're thinking of managing to buy desks and teachers....))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 19, 2013, 04:21:52 am »

Well that's hopeful. My school literally had no paper last month, and now they're restricting teachers to 2000 sheets a quarter or something like that.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 19, 2013, 08:59:13 am »

((Uh.
Worm won't help anyone get over any phobia ever.
Also, be prepared for a few anticlimaxes. It was a good story, but bits felt ... stretched.))
((I'm using that term pretty loosely, and incorrectly as GWG points out. It's worth it if it's about super heroes doing elbow drops off of sky scrapers and shit.))
((It isn't. Worm is a bit more serious.))

Spoiler: Response to Xantalos (click to show/hide)

((Lots of fellow people with it here. Derm, GWG, you, me... hmm. Surely not everyone here has it?
 :P Could be a side effect of DF, or maybe what attracts most players to DF.  :P))
(((I'd call it some form of selection bias.))

Well that's hopeful. My school literally had no paper last month, and now they're restricting teachers to 2000 sheets a quarter or something like that.
((I remember when my school ran out of white paper. It was interesting.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 19, 2013, 10:23:51 am »

Ooops- missed my entrance.  Sorry!

Systar looks around.   Hmmm... crap.  Why did this all seem oddly familiar, like a bad case of deja vu?

Well, only one thing to do.

Test out the blowgun on the nearest person.  Head their way first if I need to get a better shot.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Supermichael777

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly unusual political veiws
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 25, 2013, 04:14:34 pm »

happy lootsgiving

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 25, 2013, 10:02:12 pm »

You made me think this updated!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 25, 2013, 10:13:07 pm »

You made me think this updated!
Same here.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 26, 2013, 08:56:22 am »

((So I'm typing this from a friend's computer because mine has had some nasty hard-drive troubles (Never ever assume that just because it's damned cold where you live that you can skimp on proper fans). Fortunately, just about everything's backed up, and I should have it back up tonight. Also, people asking for the generator, that'll be ready soon.))
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight 2: Hardware troubles, please stand by
« Reply #338 on: November 26, 2013, 09:17:16 am »

((Wow. Your hardware hates LD.))
Sig

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 26, 2013, 03:50:37 pm »

((I dun have it. Unfortunately, all we have at my school is a Counsellor and a Tech teacher that doubles as the medic for the school.))

I've never been diagnosed with anything, but there's something off in my head. Then again, who dosen't? Best case scenario, I only have severe dyslexia with strings of numbers above 3 characters long.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight 2: We now return to your scheduled murderlootfesting
« Reply #340 on: November 27, 2013, 01:35:38 pm »

"Hey, whats his do?"

Attempt to fire my crossbow into the molasses river, preferably away from other people
"Shit, molasses."

CZA spots some dude in the distance, pointing something at the river. He recalls something his grandmother said to him when he was a young boy; "I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Caucasians, but if you see a white boy pointing an electrified crossbow at a magical river that you happen to be in, you better do something about it.

Run at Dave and beat him until grandmomma's ghost is satisfied.
Head to the river. Nonchallantly. Also bash in CZA's head.
Ooops- missed my entrance.  Sorry!

Systar looks around.   Hmmm... crap.  Why did this all seem oddly familiar, like a bad case of deja vu?

Well, only one thing to do.

Test out the blowgun on the nearest person.  Head their way first if I need to get a better shot.
(Dave dex: 5+3)
(CZA dex: 4+2)
(Andrew dex: 1-1-2)
(Systar dex: 1+1)

(Dave aff: 2+3)

(CZA dex: 3+2)
(Dave dex: 1+3)
(CZA str: 2+3)
(Dave end: 4-3)

(Systar dex: 5+1)
(Dave end: 2-3)

(Andrew dex: 3-1)
(CZA dex: 5+2)

Dave points his crossbow at the molasses river and fires, sending an electrified bolt into the molasses river with a small splash. Unfortunately for him, molasses is an incredibly poor conductor, and it does absolutely nothing to stop CZA from clobbering him to the point of unconsciousness moments later. Systar steals lands the killing blow though, firing a dart into Dave's throat and causing it to dissolve into some sort of fleshy liquid. And even though it took him a damned long time to cross the entire map, Andrew shows up in time to swing his mace at CZA, although he misses by a mile and nearly throws his shoulder out doing so.

(Systar luk: 3+1)

As Dave's body melts away to nothing, a pair of steel-toed boots fall in front of Systar. They seem to be pretty normal, except for the toes, which whir constantly like drill heads.

"OH SWEET MERCIFUL...NNNGH..."

PUNCH THE SHRUBBERY. GET OUT OF THERE. ATTEMPT TO CAST HEALING MAGIC, IT'S WHAT I'M BEST AT.

(Alena end: 4+1)

(Shrubbery str: 5)
(Alena str: 3-1-3)
(Alena end: 2+1)

Punching the shrubbery does nothing as it wraps around your entire body. However you aren't devoured by it... in fact, it seems to be healing you, winding itself into a new limb to replace the one that was blown off. You give this arm an experimental flex, and it seems to move quite well, even though it's slightly longer than your entire body. Sure, there's no way that something like this can possibly be without a cost, but considering how you were missing most of your upper body not twenty seconds ago, it's definitely an improvement.

Put on stilts.
If possible, shoot guy with knight and shotgun.

LOOTING: SUCCESFUL
TESTS COMPLETE, NEEDLESS VIOLENCE NO LONGER NECESSARY, BUT STILL HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
SHALL WE CONTINUE MURDERS?

Wait for Edgar's decision, help him with Walburga if it doesn't involve me being murdered.
"Shure, howabout that dude in the river?"
Point to the dude, head over there perhaps. Also say hello to AI companion of companion.
(Flimsy dex: 6+6+1)
(Scyrothe dex: 5+1)
(Walburga dex: 2+3)

(Flimsy dex: 2+6+1)
(Scyrothe dex: 3+1)
(Walburga dex: 3+3)
(Flimsy aff: 6+6)
(Scyrothe str: 2-2)
(Walburga str: 4+3)
(Edgar str: 6-1)

As Scyrothe and Edgar discuss targets, a black arrow with a spherical tip smashes into Scyrothe's back, opening a pulsing black gap in reality which sucks up everything nearby, including the two would-be treasure hunters and their loot.

(Flimsy luk: 6+6+6+1) Multikills man... You're becoming the next Osborn

In front of Flimsy now lies a small stone ring, with an eye-shaped gemstone on top. It's hard to tell what kind of gem it is though, since it changes colors rapidly, looking more like a strobelight than a jewel.

DAVE, SCYROTHE, AND EDGAR ARE DEAD! PARIAH SPAWNS AS PINK, GOOD LUCKY SPAWNS AS ORANGE, AND GALE SPAWNS AS PURPLE!

(Gale luk: 3+3)

Gale's waiver becomes a small diamond-encrusted handgun. It's more than a little bit feminine looking, but hey, diamonds are diamonds.

(Lucky luk: 5+5)

Lucky' waiver twists itself into a young girl wearing a grey surgeon's mask and coat, the latter of which is a good size or two too large for her, reaching nearly to her feet.
"If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my... Hmm?"
The girl's eyes snap open, and she looks at Lucky in confusion.
"Well, looks like I'm a case B after all. Cases C and A, my oath's today, Cases D and B, no oath for me. Welp, that means that I'm here to help deal with Eeeeviiiiiilll. Whoever Evil is. Wait a sec... you're not Evil, are you? Because if you are, then I've gotta stop you!"
A collection of syringes and scalpels suddenly fly out of the coat's pockets and begin to orbit around the girl.

(Pariah luk: 2+1+2) [u]I forgot that you had +1 luk there...[/u]Dammit it was two points...

Pariah's waiver becomes a box of crystalline throwing knives. They vibrate softly, and there seems to be a strange humming sound coming from them.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 04:05:23 pm by Wwolin »
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 27, 2013, 02:46:46 pm »

((YEAH FUCK YOU MOLASSES))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 27, 2013, 02:52:00 pm »

((awww... Also, I have HAD a shotgun?))
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 27, 2013, 02:59:28 pm »

((awww... Also, I have HAD a shotgun?))
Nope. But you were standing near enough to the guy who did that the black hole that killed him got you too.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 27, 2013, 03:04:34 pm »

Realized, its just it seemed a tad odd.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26