Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26

Author Topic: Looter's Delight 2: I am the Lizard King  (Read 36168 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight 2: A Deathmatch with Treasure: Mr. Torgue Would be Proud
« Reply #315 on: November 18, 2013, 09:28:36 pm »

((Hope you aren't in too much agony Wwolin!))

CZA looks around as everyone seems to be stuck in place for the moment.

".....Soooooo....Did anyone watch the Chiefs get beaten on Sunday? That's makes 'em 9-1. The winning streak's over. Yeah."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 18, 2013, 10:08:03 pm »

((I feel lucky. I discovered a month or two ago that my wisdom teeth won't be bothering me. My condolences to Wwolin and everyone else who has to deal with that.))

Also, You guys have successfully gotten me addicted to worm. Congratulations, you bastards.
((Bwa ha ha. Where are you?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 18, 2013, 10:13:29 pm »

Also, You guys have successfully gotten me addicted to worm. Congratulations, you bastards.
((Bwa ha ha. Where are you?))
like four days, and already to arc 7. Did I mention those four days included two musical performances in which I was the lead, a lot of procrastinated homework, and two actual school days. Also, considering that due to my Asperger's I read about half as fast as normal people do, I'd say I have a problem.
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 18, 2013, 10:18:24 pm »

((I had no idea Asberger's lead to slower reading speed...I wonder how fast I would read without it. Anyways...have you noticed the trend of things getting worse? It's about to accelerate.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 18, 2013, 10:18:54 pm »

That's not due to aspergers. That's due to you being a slow reader.

Source: I have aspergers and am extremely fast reader.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 18, 2013, 10:20:47 pm »

((Same here.))
Sig

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 18, 2013, 10:42:46 pm »

((I'll just say that Asperger's affects everyone differently, and that my school psychologist thinks that they're linked because my reading is ridiculously slow compared to my other traits. Putting it bluntly, I can write essays faster than I can read them.))

((As for worm, the stuff is getting bad, but the main stuff I'm noticing are the incredibly creative fight scenes, and a girl foolish enough to believe she can easily betray her first friends in years. I'll be honest, I'm only at 6.8, you know, the one right after we found out that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
))
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 18, 2013, 10:55:48 pm »

((As for worm, the stuff is getting bad, but the main stuff I'm noticing are the incredibly creative fight scenes, and a girl foolish enough to believe she can easily betray her first friends in years. I'll be honest, I'm only at 6.8, you know, the one right after we found out that
))

((I keep hearing about Worm having these awesome fight scenes. I might have to check it out purely on that fact and get over my damn insectoidphobia.))

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 18, 2013, 10:57:21 pm »

((Entomophobia. And would it help to know that Skitter largely fights with spiders and their silk? ...Although the silk is often carried by flying insects...))
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 18, 2013, 10:58:35 pm »

((Uh.
Worm won't help anyone get over any phobia ever.
Also, be prepared for a few anticlimaxes. It was a good story, but bits felt ... stretched.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 18, 2013, 11:06:09 pm »

((A few anticlimaxes, maybe, but it's a long story with a lot of arcs and such. If there weren't anticlimaxes every so often, I'd be surprised...and the story would be much more intense.
Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "stretched".))
Sig

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 18, 2013, 11:08:04 pm »

((Uh.
Also, be prepared for a few anticlimaxes. It was a good story, but bits felt ... stretched.))

((I'm using that term pretty loosely, and incorrectly as GWG points out. It's worth it if it's about super heroes doing elbow drops off of sky scrapers and shit.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 18, 2013, 11:10:24 pm »

((It stretches my suspension of disbelief for what Taylor could do at some points beyond the expected. Most prominent in my mind was
Sure, she's the main character, she's going to do cool things, but that? At that point in her career? I couldn't buy it. Same with the
))

((Uh.

((I'm using that term pretty loosely, and incorrectly as GWG points out. It's worth it if it's about super heroes doing elbow drops off of sky scrapers and shit.))
((Oh. Well, main character doesn't, but there are a few characters who do that.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 18, 2013, 11:23:10 pm »

((I'll just say that Asperger's affects everyone differently, and that my school psychologist thinks that they're linked because my reading is ridiculously slow compared to my other traits. Putting it bluntly, I can write essays faster than I can read them.))
Lucky. My school was too small to have a psychologist, that would have helped mine a lot.
Lots of fellow people with it here. Derm, GWG, you, me... hmm. Surely not everyone here has it?
 :P Could be a side effect of DF, or maybe what attracts most players to DF.  :P
))
Only at Act 2 or something myself. I have it bookmarked, but I haven't actually read much of it.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 18, 2013, 11:55:54 pm »

((I dun have it. Unfortunately, all we have at my school is a Counsellor and a Tech teacher that doubles as the medic for the school.))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26