Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26

Author Topic: Looter's Delight 2: I am the Lizard King  (Read 36075 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight 2: A Deathmatch with Treasure: Now with item listings
« Reply #135 on: October 17, 2013, 11:13:18 pm »

1. But how did Luck come into play?

2. Did you add six new categories or just extend the categories one number?

3. I think I might have made my generator overcomplicated. Tables within tables...tables directing you to other tables...it was madness.

So luck determined how many modifiers I would choose. At 4 luck you got 1 modifier, and another modifier for each luck after that.

As for categories, I totally reworked the system, so there are now 12 base categories, each one having a couple of subcategories, which get even more specific in some cases. It's a bit clunky, but in a good way, if there even is a good sort of clunky.

Tables within tables is normal. Tables leading to other tables though... that could get a bit confusing.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 17, 2013, 11:15:53 pm »

Haha... so I got 10 modifiers on my giant norse man.

So essenitally +6 to luck means (3+x) modifiers on any item.

Where is this generator anyway?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 17, 2013, 11:18:01 pm »

So it turns out just posting "identical character" isnt enough to get me on the waitlist, that'll learn me to just bugger off and stop reading the thread.

Spoiler:  waitlist (click to show/hide)
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 17, 2013, 11:44:44 pm »

Haha... so I got 10 modifiers on my giant norse man.

So essenitally +6 to luck means (3+x) modifiers on any item.

Where is this generator anyway?

There are three iterations of the generator. The original one was used very early on in the original LD, and was lost to a computer virus. The second was the one used for the majority of the original LD, and was accidentally incinerated by me at a party. The third is what's being used now, although I'm keeping it relatively secret for now to avoid spoiling the surprising loot it can generate. However, it's well backed up, so accidentally destroying it shouldn't be an issue, and I might reveal bits of it later.

Also, with the new iteration of the generator, some modifiers are more expensive than others. To explain how this works, I'll explain Sverrir's modifiers.

You rolled a 13, so that's 10 modifier points.
Immunity to magic takes up 4 of those, and is exactly what it says on the tin
Gigantic size takes up 3, and provides 4 strength and 4 endurance, as well as being a goddamned giant
+2 dex takes 1
+2 str takes 1
+2 end takes 1

So your end result is a giant who is immune to magic with +6 str, +2 dex, and +6 end.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 17, 2013, 11:48:12 pm »

God dammit I hit the motherload and I didn't even last one damn turn.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2013, 12:40:13 am »

Actions sent.

Also, sorry, Derm. I had to shoot something.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2013, 12:42:52 am »

It could have been not me.

I'm not in any RTDs now thanks to you. There aren't any good ones running. Haven't been for quite a while now, actually.

*Ugh* Why does it feel like everything's falling apart on me? I shouldn't be this sad and angry over a damn forum game.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 18, 2013, 09:48:35 am »

*starts to pat derm on the back*
...If I comfort me, you're not going to explode and destroy half the arena, right?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2013, 09:57:32 am »

Yeah, see, there's the whole problem of me being completely unable to do that cause I'm not alive.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 18, 2013, 10:16:21 am »

*pats derm on the back*
It's alright. Look at it this way: You're really good at this kind of game. If you weren't that good, people wouldn't try so hard to kill you.

...Hm. I'll start an RtD I imagine you'd enjoy, and let you be the head of one of the Protectorate teams. Sound like fun?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 18, 2013, 10:18:21 am »

Perplexicon set in worm you say.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 18, 2013, 01:48:37 pm »

Hm... After hearing about Derms Giant, I'm curious about what... um.... Lia got.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 18, 2013, 02:20:17 pm »

...Could also be fun.

I was thinking of crossing Weaver Dice with the RtD system, and pitting everyone against one of my game's Terrors. (Part of the reason I suddenly started working on the history of the world.)
Sig

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 19, 2013, 09:31:47 pm »

...Could also be fun.

I was thinking of crossing Weaver Dice with the RtD system, and pitting everyone against one of my game's Terrors. (Part of the reason I suddenly started working on the history of the world.)
Weaver dice? Also, I was going to start making my own loot table but I have this rather annoying problem where I have extreme difficulty starting to do anything. Sure, it's somewhat offset by me being able to obsess on things and work at ludicrous speed once I finish starting, but it annoys me. I always end up grabbing a blank sheet of paper and think "Wow! Look at all the things I could do with this!", then proceed to cease all higher brain activity. This is basically the reason I can't write. Perplexicon in worm does interest me too somehow. Perplexicon in anything has potential really. You just have to accept that railroading probably won't go well once people figure out how it works. (Poorly disguised ptw is a go.)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 19, 2013, 10:18:36 pm »

Weaver Dice is a system for generating parahumans inspired by the one used by Weaver in one of the later chapters to explain why being a hero was better to a bunch of middle schoolers (in a speech that compared it to drugs, which were mentioned in a way that made one of the other Wards go "Oh shhhh-ugar," which was pretty much the funniest line in that whole chapter.

On the subject of that...I have a couple ideas.
One is a game pitting the players, all superheroes or -villains, against an Endbringer or their version in my still-nameless Worm-based RP (Terrors), which are kinda like Godzilla if Godzilla had a few more powers and was even more indestructible.
The other would combine a couple ideas I've had for a while and place a few players (6-7?) in the roles of scientists perfecting superhero-making formulae. Goals indeterminate.
Which sounds more fun?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26