Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Adventure as a sword  (Read 5299 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure as a sword
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2013, 06:55:47 pm »

What's the bare minimum of tags I'd have to use to make an actual sword a playable adventurer? Because that's what I want to do now.
I don't think you can. But I suppose that you could add a creature called 'sword' with a body and attacks to fit.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2013, 08:37:34 pm »

I don't know why I did this, but here. It's pretty bare-bones, just a sword that cannot appear naturally in the world, but can appear as an outsider adventurer.

Can't pick things up though, what with the no-hands and all.

Spoiler: The creature (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The entity (click to show/hide)

I might make an entire set of animated weapons sometime, once I find out if it has been done before or not.

I'll need to nerf it too. It can lose its tail-hilt, but not its life.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2013, 08:03:03 am »

I might make an entire set of animated weapons sometime, once I find out if it has been done before or not.
It hasnt. I looked for something like that, never found anything. Genesis has animated armors with weapons+shields, but thats it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2013, 10:06:27 am »

This would make a great bloodline game. But if you lose the sword (because jumping off cliffs is SUCH a good idea), the weapon that swung the last blow becomes the new Weapon of Bloodline.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Nivoldoog

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2013, 06:02:16 pm »

" Aaahhh what a day to be a sword in a cave :D," ..... 1 year later..." sooo bored  :("..... 10 years later "I think i hear someone coming.." Enters Urist the hairy dwarf...
"Ooh look, something to shave my butt."
" Noooooooooo"
Pages: 1 [2]