Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Does The test server work for you? Are you willing to sped time helping me test it?

It works for me.
- 6 (31.6%)
It does not work for me.
- 1 (5.3%)
I'd be willing to help test it.
- 6 (31.6%)
I'm not interested in testing it.
- 1 (5.3%)
I might be willing to help test it.
- 5 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 42

Author Topic: Agora, A better forum (Open Source Project): Now with Github and test site.  (Read 80350 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: Agora, A better forum (Open Source Project): Now with Github
« Reply #210 on: May 18, 2014, 02:12:08 pm »

Well, setting up JAgoraServer on bigornas.bounceme.net or somewhere like that and making an easily downloaded compiled version of the Client might be worthwhile. That would make it much easier for people to get involved.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #211 on: May 18, 2014, 02:20:16 pm »

That's a good point :) At some point it was using 100% CPU and the computer was pretty noisy. I'll see if I can fix that!

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #212 on: May 22, 2014, 11:10:47 pm »

You can now properly browse a graph, albeit slowly and clumsily. That feature turned out to be easier to get at then adding new posts, so I got it first. I hope to have adding new posts fully implemented by the end of the week.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 23, 2014, 10:31:16 am »

Hey bud,

Just went to try this out but the code isn't compiling at all. What am I missing? It looks like you might've forgotten to add the JAgoraThread file?

Ugh, nevermind, it's Eclipse acting up...

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #214 on: May 23, 2014, 10:37:12 am »

Also make sure you update the graph library. I pushed a new version there too, and without it he client won't compile.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 23, 2014, 10:43:59 am »

Just OCD'd a bit and cleanup warnings and stuff. Added the Mongo Library to JAgoraClient too, which was needed for it to compile!

Other than that I see stuff appearing on screen! Sweet :D :D Did you remove the arguments from the first thread? I'm not getting anything from there. They had votes and everything :(

Quick question: is there any way for us to get a ThreadPanel of sorts that can draw itself, rather than ThreadListPanel drawing the JAgoraThreads under PaintComponent?

Also, you should definitely add all of the tasks you feel need to be done in the GitHub issue tracker. That way it's easier for whoever else to pick up on a task that needs doing.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #216 on: May 23, 2014, 10:48:16 am »

I did remove the arguments from the first thread. They were causing errors when I went to fetch them, so I figured they were corrupt.

I could indeed add a ThreadPanel, and will once I've finished with my current work. I'm also going to go back and turn all of the prompts for host, login, etc. into panels in the same fashion as graphpanel and threadlistpanel.

Good point. I'l see about that right now.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #217 on: May 24, 2014, 01:02:33 pm »

Alright, you can now add new posts. It doesn't add the new connections, though, so I'll need to see about cleaning that up. I also merged the cleanup you made, which I had forgotten to pull. I have an eight and a half hour shift now though, so I'll finish this up in a little this evening.

Edit: Ah hell, I'm exhausted. I'll get it some time this next week.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 12:03:18 am by Angle »

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #218 on: May 27, 2014, 01:39:03 pm »

Alright, so I just spent a couple days being sick and not getting anything done. But I'm feeling sorta better now, so I'm going to get back to work.

Anyway, do you know a simple way to get back an arguments ID after it's been added?

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 27, 2014, 02:16:36 pm »

Hmmmmm, I guess that's the only missing part of the argument, the rest was all added by the user anyways. We can probably add it to the response somehow, we just need a way to figure out the ID of the last added argument, which might not be trivial. I seem to remember thinking about doing that but it seemed like there was no reliable way of getting it?

If we were to add it, it would come from org.agora.server.database.DBAddArgument!

Ugh, I'm sorry I haven't been able to participate more. Grad school is destroying me.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #220 on: May 27, 2014, 02:25:12 pm »

Yeah, don't worry, I'll figure it out.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #222 on: May 27, 2014, 02:37:05 pm »

I think I might just make a new function, addArgumentWithAttacks(...). If I use SELECT LAST_INSERT_ID(); I should be able to make it work pretty well.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 27, 2014, 02:38:36 pm »

We already have functions for adding arguments and for adding attacks; we can build functionality for adding argumentsWithAttacks at the interface level. We shouldn't reimplement functionality!

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #224 on: May 27, 2014, 02:47:07 pm »

Yeah, I'll make this function call those functions.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 42