Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should Dragonlord The Ancient Bloody Age of Artifice Break the Siege or Remain Sealed?

REMAIN SEALED!
- 0 (0%)
BREAK THE SEIGE!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 04, 2013, 07:40:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32

Author Topic: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort Abandoned by the Mountainhomes  (Read 41015 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

And of course maybe a metal arrowhead will let it break bones.
If we use steel, we may even actually pierce into its skin
If we use adamantine, we may get close to valuable internal organs!

If we do, we'll probably obliterate them if they can shoot straight. but it'd be a big waste on our end honestly; using adamantine for that purpose
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Simple how to do that. Just make the stacks of bolts used for training all survive and smelt them down for new ones.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

13th of Felsite, 137: The Great Enemy Approach!
The beaked monsters left, but they left in fear. We then heard shouting coming from the south. It was deep bellowing that sounded... Almost like a voice. Then, we heard thundering of footsteps. I thought the giant cave spider was a problem for us... Sarrak then looked outside from the hole and her face, rather then her usual grin of the enemy approaching, showed a face of dread and pure hatred. She turned to me and gave me that look as if an old enemy killed her family. In this case, they did.

"Then Jotun have come Highmax. Its a scouting party but they're here."

I nodded as we gathered everyone again to the trade depot. Today we decide the fate of our people:

Vengance of our fallen family, or Hold out inside as long as we can

((OOC: Another vote is at hand, but this time its serious; we're facing Jotun here. They killed our beloved mountainhomes and aided the goblins in destroying all that was left of the dwarves. If we strike for vengeance, we do it now. Vote will go for ~5 hours. Choose your fate, Dragonlord the Ancient Bloody Age of Artifice))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Stay sealed up. I do vote we begin arming the nonprofessional citizens with crossbows packing metal bolts and when we next get a chance, start building towers so they can take potshots at enemies who can't shoot back. Who knows, maybe the next time the Jotun come they may cripple a few.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stay sealed up. I do vote we begin arming the nonprofessional citizens with crossbows packing metal bolts and when we next get a chance, start building towers so they can take potshots at enemies who can't shoot back. Who knows, maybe the next time the Jotun come they may cripple a few.
If we stay sealed up, I'm gonna see what happened if we did try to break the siege.

So that's +1 for staying sealed!

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stay sealed.
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stay sealed.
That's +2 for sealed.

Everyone was fine with exploding nightwings but as soon as the killer of our ancestors show up, everyone says "NOPE!" (even I would stay sealed)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not gonna lie, I would like to take a swing at them in a copy of the save, but from a community game standpoint... Yeah, I'd prefer us not being stomped through the dirt, clay, sand, aquifers, and into the bedrock.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not gonna lie, I would like to take a swing at them in a copy of the save, but from a community game standpoint... Yeah, I'd prefer us not being stomped through the dirt, clay, sand, aquifers, and into the bedrock.
I was hoping they'd show up MUCH later. Isn't the specifications of them that they show up after x amount of dwarves show up? Like x being 120?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arrows coupled with seige engines like catapults - rocks are cheap.  Whole volleys of catapult rocks can cover quite a distance and have a chance at head-shot insta-kills.  Save your ballistas for the dwarves that become highly trained on the catapults, which need to be on the same z-level I think, so fortifications with bridges in front for reloading seems like your best bet.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arrows coupled with seige engines like catapults - rocks are cheap.  Whole volleys of catapult rocks can cover quite a distance and have a chance at head-shot insta-kills.  Save your ballistas for the dwarves that become highly trained on the catapults, which need to be on the same z-level I think, so fortifications with bridges in front for reloading seems like your best bet.
'

The bridge blocking/raising effect reminds me of ship cannons... Except more badass

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Volley fire" was a devastating tactic for over two hundred years in our world.  It still is on the modern battlefield, we just use "bombing runs" now instead of "massed cannon"
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Volley fire" was a devastating tactic for over two hundred years in our world.  It still is on the modern battlefield, we just use "bombing runs" now instead of "massed cannon"

I love ballista batteries, but unless we can make solid gold parts, we're not making steel ballistae.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We don't need to. Even if it doesn't kill them, a sharpened lump of wood smashing into their knees will still probably hurt.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We don't need to. Even if it doesn't kill them, a sharpened lump of wood smashing into their knees will still probably hurt.

I meant the ballistae themselves, not the arrows

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32