Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should Dragonlord The Ancient Bloody Age of Artifice Break the Siege or Remain Sealed?

REMAIN SEALED!
- 0 (0%)
BREAK THE SEIGE!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 04, 2013, 07:40:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32

Author Topic: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort Abandoned by the Mountainhomes  (Read 41090 times)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I welcome my brothers, Fishybang and Bombur, to the outpost!  It's good to be the firstborn - no hand-me-downs!  Besides, I'm the standard that they'll have to live up to.  As the first son of this fortress, my very existence is historic! (swells up with imagined 3 year old pride, looking quite ridiculous)  I'mma gonna OWN this place one day!
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

I welcome my brothers, Fishybang and Bombur, to the outpost!  It's good to be the firstborn - no hand-me-downs!  Besides, I'm the standard that they'll have to live up to.  As the first son of this fortress, my very existence is historic! (swells up with imagined 3 year old pride, looking quite ridiculous)  I'mma gonna OWN this place one day!
Until a random cave-in that my son had nothing to do with at all happens.
Your kid (since you'll be up next for "mingling") WIll become a miner? Sweet! We need an extra. :P

And If the fortress becomes too much to handle, I'm going to do another in the same world, and just say we "migrated"
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

Until a random cave-in that my son had nothing to do with at all happens.
Your kid (since you'll be up next for "mingling") WIll become a miner? Sweet! We need an extra. :P

And If the fortress becomes too much to handle, I'm going to do another in the same world, and just say we "migrated"

It shouldn't be too bad I wouldn't think, an easy to handle and micro-manage fort that is sealed off to the world?  I think you've got it for a couple of years at least.  Unless something with building destroyer tags swims in through the water cistern that we have down there.  If I remember right there was only two doors between us and a whole lotta water.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why not "retire" the fortress instead of abandoning it?

The process:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The adventurer created in this process will migrate to any new fortresses, but is also playable in adventure mode.  I usually rename their professions to "Explorer" and go scouting around first before retiring them somewhere handy and embarking on a new fortress.  Best part: In adventure mode, you can visit the original fortress and interact with dwarves there who will tell you about their families, the surroundings, the capitol and send you on quests.  Just like any other villager/noble from worldgen.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If I could retire the fortress by understanding DFHack, I would, but its really difficult to understand :-[

Karkov, if anything showed up from our well, I'd have the four warriors show up and clean up the enemies. Easy.

18th of Hemetite, 135: Plans and Growing Children
Today, I saw Bombur and Karkov's son running about, chasing one another as my other sons caught up with them. They're growing up really fast, and Bombur just started walking and talking. They're good friends with the two younger children. I watched them play for a bit until the expedition leader approached me and told me that since we have so little people, she said we should have some larger, better rooms with some places to store our clothes. THe children would get our old rooms. Only me and her would keep our old rooms, since the designed rooms are not as good as our current rooms. I said I had no problem with this, and she went off, saying she had more tihngs to count.

Sarrak and Chucker are training vigorously. They seemed eager to test their skills after so long. We also now have a statue garden that Timeless Bob agreed to keep clean as long as he said it was his. We also have a hospital carved out and engraved, with our old hospital moving their stuff to it now. The coliseum needs traps and mechanics to release the placed prisoners and animals. Its been a little noisier with the children running about, but it's welcome in our halls. But the outside remains silent... Which is strange... I fear they hide and wait for us outside... But how long will they wait? Better yet, how long will WE wait?

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

18th of Malachite, 135: Fourth (and possibly last for a long time) "Mingling Session"
Today, the expedition leader announced that fourth "mingling" session. The Miner, the cook, Lord Lemonpie and Cmega were chosen. We were told this  will be the last for years since the men will all be married by now. I was happy about that, since this took much of our production to a halt; especially, in this case, the halting of the new bedroom carving. I hope this one ends soon; we need our dwarves for the next coming months with the new bedrooms and everything...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

15th of Galena, 135: Something is Wrong... Horribly wrong...
I was training with splint when this feeling came over me. It felt like a great shadow fell upon us all. Like a great foul wind just swept over us with a cloud of poison. I felt strange, like as if danger was all about us. I quickly told splint and she felt it also. Chucker and Sarrak felt the same. I grabbed both my blades and everyone else grabbed their gear. We ran down and told the expedition leader and she said the same to us before we could speak. we took the miner with us and carved out a small hole in the barraks wall and saw something terrifying; the sky was dark, no sun shone, and dark shadows of winged creatures snapped and howled. One appeared to be riding a bear. We sealed the hole back up and we all realized it... We're under siege...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm... Maybe we can have a set of fortifications/glass windos to see the outside?
Was gonna do eventually. No archers yet, so didn't bother so far.

As for everyone following this:

Should I open the gates and break the siege or hold out?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sealing. Maybe we can make the goblins think we're dead.

It aint goblins. They're momnsters with wings, jakal heads and needle-like horns... RIDING GRIZZLYS

EDIT:
Btw, Cmega, your guy kept brewing beer instead of gonig to burrow... Rebellious bastard >:(
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 07:54:18 pm by highmax28 »

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No marksdwarves yet hmmmmm?  Guess what im going to be!
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No marksdwarves yet hmmmmm?  Guess what im going to be!

Thats one confirmed!

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I shall be the greatest marksdwarf that ever lived!  Better even then my older brother!  I hope to see the lok on his face when he realizes that i could best him from across the room!"

(Btw, would you mind posting my thoughts, and if you have already just point me toward the page that it is on?)
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I shall be the greatest marksdwarf that ever lived!  Better even then my older brother!  I hope to see the lok on his face when he realizes that i could best him from across the room!"

(Btw, would you mind posting my thoughts, and if you have already just point me toward the page that it is on?)
I don't think I did, or BOmbur's or KArkov's child

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You shoot em and I'll dodge em, little brother!  But, no headsies or I'm telling Dad!"

(This is surreally similar to a conversation my brother and I had about pop bottle rockets when I was growing up.  I guess in this instance, art imitates life. I often wonder how I survived my childhood, considering all the stupid stuff my siblings and I did.  Ever hear of lawn jarts for instance? We used them to play "dodge ball".)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 11:25:19 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You shoot em and I'll dodge em, little brother!  But, no headsies or I'm telling Dad!"

(This is surreally similar to a conversation my brother and I had about pop bottle rockets when I was growing up.  I guess in this instance, art imitates life. I often wonder how I survived my childhood, considering all the stupid stuff my siblings and I did.  Ever hear of lawn jarts for instance? We used them to play "dodge ball".)

Nope, never heard of them, however it does sound like somthing me and my little brothers would say.
However looking at your profile, you are older then my parents so that might be why i have never heard of Jarts XD
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32