Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should Dragonlord The Ancient Bloody Age of Artifice Break the Siege or Remain Sealed?

REMAIN SEALED!
- 0 (0%)
BREAK THE SEIGE!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 04, 2013, 07:40:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32

Author Topic: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort Abandoned by the Mountainhomes  (Read 41075 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

It seems to be something like Mirrorflayed the Sword of Spite. I know it's the sword of something because dastot means sword.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

It seems to be something like Mirrorflayed the Sword of Spite. I know it's the sword of something because dastot means sword.

I thought Dastot meant spear? I might be wrong...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Lokum means spear, Dastot sword, Nil hammer, Sodel, shield, Libash, axe. Oddly there's no actual word for Mace in the dwarven language so nil is probably used for that too.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lokum means spear, Dastot sword, Nil hammer, Sodel, shield, Libash, axe. Oddly there's no actual word for Mace in the dwarven language so nil is probably used for that too.

And of course, Urist means Dagger 8)

7th of Slate, 134: Karkov's Firstborn
The CMD was walking about with a bundle in her arms as KArkov had his nose in his books again. I passed by only momentarily to notice the bundle was a baby boy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We were all happy when everyone found out, but Karkov kept him close, reading stories and legends whenever he could. I hope he wasn't serious about making him a historian...

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

And of course, Urist means Dagger 8)

7th of Slate, 134: Karkov's Firstborn
The CMD was walking about with a bundle in her arms as KArkov had his nose in his books again. I passed by only momentarily to notice the bundle was a baby boy.

We were all happy when everyone found out, but Karkov kept him close, reading stories and legends whenever he could. I hope he wasn't serious about making him a historian...

The most joyous of occasions!  Now to pass all my knowledge onto him as is the wont of a father!  He'll be the best danged engraver ever I tells ya.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

We are eventually gonna need one. But lets hope he becomes a fighting historian atleast.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Vali was one of Loki's three sons, turned into the wolf that would eventually kill his brother at the God's behest, and the entrails of this slain son are used to bind Loki beneath the snake.  There is another Vali, so of Odin, brother to Baldr that is conceived and matured in one day to punish Hod for slaying Baldr with a bolt made of mistletoe.   You are correct about Heimdall not being related to smiths, I was thinking of the Greek God "Hephastus".  Beg pardon.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right... Note to self, re-read the Poetic Edda :-[

Karkov, I'll post his thoughts and preferences in a bit.

And I don't know if he actually will fight, but he might take up archery just so he can protect himself with a simple crossbow.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heres the thoughts of your firstborn Karkov. I have to say, double braids seems to be quite popular in our fortress for children and babies...

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

Heres the thoughts of your firstborn Karkov. I have to say, double braids seems to be quite popular in our fortress for children and babies...

Well, archery is just as noble as axedwarfship (Okay that's a lie but c'mon).  He may not be strong, but at least he's tough!

Double braids is the new dwarven style!

If we have another double braids as the next child then you know it's some god making all of this happen.  Probably Stidest, whom is most often depicted as a dwarf and is associated with family and birth.  Either that or Akest Seizedjudged, god of fortresses, war and chaos. 

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think Akeest, although shes a woman and we keep getting male children. Which is nice to balance out the male/female ratio, but come on, we need females for the next generation!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We really need more genetic material...
I wonder if the gobbos will bring any dwarven slaves...
Highly Opinionated Fool

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We really need more genetic material...
I wonder if the gobbos will bring any dwarven slaves...

Probably not. And I looked; neither my wife or myself have braided hair... Odd... Maybe hairstlyes aren't genetics?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think its civ dependent.
Highly Opinionated Fool

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

28th of Slate, 134: Cats and Creations
Gem Cutter, I'm not joking. If you adopt one more cat, I'm going to open that gate, throw them outside, and let them get eaten by goblins and wolves. That's got to be the twentieth cat you've adopted since you've arrived! I don't know how many there are for sure because a good portion died and you keep adopting them!

Anyway, she had this weird idea of making an arena in the mid sections of the outpost, not far above the caverns. Splint likes the idea but i'm not too sure on it myself. Sarrak and Chucker really didn't say much (not that chucker could talk anyway).

Speaking of chucker, hes fallen for the woodcutter. I'd be happy if the woodcutter wasn't so annoying with her constant canceling of her jobs and announcing it to everyone within a 4 mile radius. I don't like her personally, but hey, its Chucker, not me. The fortress is starting to warm up, so I think the thaw has come finally. Also, we started constructing a statue garden in one of the engraved rooms that we have. The statues are made from silver and gold. Something tells me Karkov has been telling his tales again from seeing what some of these statues resemble...

Even some of the statues are odd and inaccurate. Look at the statue of the fool! SHe didn't get removed, she died!

Although I like this statue of Sarrak:

Other odd statues were found but none like those above. None as good either

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32