Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should Dragonlord The Ancient Bloody Age of Artifice Break the Siege or Remain Sealed?

REMAIN SEALED!
- 0 (0%)
BREAK THE SEIGE!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 04, 2013, 07:40:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32

Author Topic: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort Abandoned by the Mountainhomes  (Read 41061 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile

Well... I must have guessed that I'm total badass even before I have heard of my kill count.
But I was talking about probability of death, after all. With battle death excluded (and avoided even further by regular training), only old age remains. And probably you are mistaken about it. If I read raws correctly, I have ~60 years. Even if you are keen as hell on repopulating, I don't think that you will live all this time underground. We have to capture surface, after all. I would give 30-40 years for that optimally. So...
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

Yeah, a bunch of the more prominent Jotun actually died during the war with the Ferric Elves.  They killed 1800 elves but ended up losing their most powerful Jotuns during the war, not that that matters much, Jotuns are gigantic beings that can kill a dragon as a new mace man recruit. 

On another, even scarier note, there are currently 5376 Jotuns running around.  Coming in 5th of the most populous races list.

Well... I must have guessed that I'm total badass even before I have heard of my kill count.
But I was talking about probability of death, after all. With battle death excluded (and avoided even further by regular training), only old age remains. And probably you are mistaken about it. If I read raws correctly, I have ~60 years. Even if you are keen as hell on repopulating, I don't think that you will live all this time underground. We have to capture surface, after all. I would give 30-40 years for that optimally. So...

Yeah, dwarves live anywhere from 150-170 years of age.  Hardy little buggers.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Who said it was 120-150? ???

And I'm not joking, I will kill EVERY JOTUN that shows their ugly face here if I have to. Ragnarok will not come to pass on my watch. Odin, guide our spears and swords! :P

And Sarrak, my plan is in 30 years, retake the surface. Everyone will be clad in Steel/adamantine, the firstborn will be the warrior King with his father, old but strong, with his three legendary allies, also old but strong as they were in their youth. And I'm debating on genociding the magma crabs with DF hack, but since I know now where the impassible tiles are on the forges and etc. I won't have to probably
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

120-150? Some mod probably. Maybe Masterwork...

Also, 30 years? Child time! I won't even have white hair by that time. So, if some nightmarish FB won't end my life, I will surely be there beside new King and all my comrades. Old, hardened. Freaking efficient. And deadly  ;D
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, 30 years? Child time! I won't even have white hair by that time. So, if some nightmarish FB won't end my life, I will surely be there beside new King and all my comrades. Old, hardened. Freaking efficient. And deadly  ;D

Unfortunatley, I don't think any of us will reach Valhalla :'( We're just too damed good.

So far, I decided: the magma crabs work for the Jotun :o

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

I might've accidentally said 120-150 while looking at a human's stat sheet or some nonsense I think.  Or something.  I dunno, I spout information that's accurate about half of the time. :P 

Unfortunatley, I don't think any of us will reach Valhalla :'( We're just too damed good.

So far, I decided: the magma crabs work for the Jotun :o

Quite possibly.  Magma crabs are definitely a demons work one way or another.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thew spew MOLTEN ROCK at you. Specifically you, KArkov. They literally shredded your arm off (which is why you passed out after ~9 steps?) and then finished you off with a blow to the skull that OLBITERATED your face...

Only Muspell Giants (fire jotun) can have such a thing... Therefore: Magma Crabs work for the jotun 8)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I oppose to the school of thought that Crabs are Jotun agenda. They are too demonic and cunning. Definitely the minions of the goblin Master, Dark One. On the other hand, they can be a threat of their own, coming from farther reaches of the Underworld for unknown purposes. And to install fear in meat beings, of course.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Blame Loki - He's probably just pissed that we tamed his son Vali.  As the Eddas are written, He and his foul fire magics have a hatred of all things living, but most especially metal-smiths, since he is fated to die by Heimdall's hand during Ragnarok.

Perhaps a floor grate will keep his minions from emerging from the magma sea?

Timeless Bob greets his father with a glint in his eyes: "Father, When I grow bigger, I want a hammer, a whip and a crossbow to practice with."
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 05:05:59 am by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Vali is Odin's brother I thought? No, Loki was pissed because he's chained to a rock where poison drips on him while one of his sons eat his insides and he's chained down by his other sons entrails.

And heimdal is the watchman of the gods, he's got nothing to do with forges?  ???

<highmax stares>

Alright son... It'll be a challenge but you'll master all three as you wish

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

18th of Timber, 133: Splint's Blade
Splint has grown so attached to her copper sword that she bestowed a name on it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

She had this sword since she arrived here, and has slain many with it. She has become a great swordmaster and her zeal against goblins makes her feared by our prisoners.

Meanwhile, in the depths where out magma forges are, we're moving out magma smelters and forges so the magma crabs can stop wounding our dwarves. Karkov dodged a bullet when one almost shredded his arm off. As for the mingling session, Chucker has only befriended the woodcutter. Something tells me its difficult to be friends with someone who only talks like a rabbit...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

11th of Moonstone, 133: Two Brothers
The secondborn had his first birthday today. Hes already running about and talking just like his older brother. I'm happy for him, always trying to catch up to his brother, tailing him and playing with him. My wife and I are happy watching the two boys run about. We celebreated his first birthday almost as hard as the firstborns. After all, children are a rarity in this outpost. Karkov seems to detest magma crabs, and I don't blame him. I'd be angry at them too if they kept spewing crap at me. We've moved the forged so that the crabs can't shoot up at us anymore. We also now have a decent amount of gold, silver, and iron. We'll be making pig iron soon, and then steel. We've also restarted the production of leather clothing. After all, we do need replacement gear, and my mittens covering my gloves are falling apart (and iron gauntlets aren't the best at repeling the cold air). Speaking of the cold, its still cold inside here. Yes, the barracks were above ground, but still, even deep underground its still freezing. The only warm places are the magma forges and the wood furnaces. We go by on our breaks just to warm up. I fear the Fimbulwinter the Jotun are supposed to follow is on its way. But they were just stories; how can the arrival, especially by force, lead to the end of the world? And besides, we're still halfway through the frost, so the thaw will be here in a few months, and it will warm up. Hopefully, my wife got our secondborn some clothes so hes not freezing to death.

Meanwhile, the miner finds the biggest deposit of gold anyone has ever seen...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 11:52:42 am by highmax28 »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

27th of Opal, 133: My blade and more Parties
Today I bestowed a name upon the shortsword I carry in my left hand.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A fitting name for a blade. We've been practicing more and more often that Splint and I almost forgot my son's birthday. Another party was celebrated in his honor. I guarantee that there will be less and less celebrations for birthdays once they get older and more children are born. Karkov is still studying the history books to find out anything about the Jotun. I talked to him about his work and I told him, as a joke, that maybe his next child will take after him with his love and devotion to history. He grinned and said it was a wonderful idea. What did I just get myself into...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

So what do our weapons' new names translate as?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So what do our weapons' new names translate as?

Mine was Ransacked Breath, Splints was so long it was illegible unfortunately due to cutting off most of the words >:(

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32