Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should Dragonlord The Ancient Bloody Age of Artifice Break the Siege or Remain Sealed?

REMAIN SEALED!
- 0 (0%)
BREAK THE SEIGE!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 04, 2013, 07:40:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32

Author Topic: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort Abandoned by the Mountainhomes  (Read 41016 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort Abandoned by the Mountainhomes
« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2013, 10:57:36 pm »

17th of Opal, 131: Rejoicing and Celebration!
My wife came up to me with a bundle in her arms. She had a wide smile on her face and looked like the happiest she has ever been since we've heard about us being the last of our race. I told her to get back inside since we were outside in the snow since I was stationed outside. She made a strange look and turned the bundle with a smile.

"Don't want to meet your son, Highmax?"

I dropped both my swords and approached him. He was beautiful... I held my son for the first time in my life and I cried of joy. I held him close. "Welcome to Dragonlord the Ancient Bloody Age of Artifice, my son..."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort With No Releif
« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2013, 11:10:34 pm »

OK, so next time a kid gets born, dorf him as "Timeless Bob".  In all these games so far, I've yet to see a full life tracked from birth to death of old age.

I remember I saw this somewhere on here. My son is now Timeless Bob. Heres to the next generation of dwarf!

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort Abandoned by the Mountainhomes
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2013, 11:37:34 pm »

21st of Obsidian, 131: Ambush and one lucky miner (or skilled?)
Another ambush, but close to the rooftop we're making. The miner ran away, getting shot at by a barrage of bolts. I never seen someone move so quickly away fro them. She dodged every bolt masterfully and made it to safety. Splint and I thought she was lucky but it looked too gracefully for that... Splint was ahead of me and received the blunt end of the entire barrage. She then let loose the most fearsome battlecry I have every heard and she charged, nothing but bloodlust in her face. She dodged each bolt with ease and made it to the enemy with uncanny speed. She then slaughtered one in a single blow before I arrived and ran up the hill to meet with those that were at a better advantage. We killed them quickly ((OOC: they turned into workers at this point)) and then felt all battle prowess leave us suddenly, it returned, and with luck too; there was one bowman left. We slaughtered him quickly and returned to sparring sessions. That sense of peacefulness in the middle of battle wasn't natural, and I pray it doesn't happen again. Thanks to my son, we're now back to 16 strong, even though one is a baby in swaddling clothes. We have a leatherworker making clothes for us as quickly as she can. We need some new clothes and she had plenty of leather to work with.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 29, 2013, 12:03:06 am »

24th of Obsidian, 131: The bloody charge begins again
A kobold thief was spotted. We chased the bugger down until we spotted goblins, all armed with crossbows, save one who held an axe. Bolts flew towards us and Splint and I changed targets. We charged towards the horde and screamed at the top of our lungs. We each shouted different warcries, but both caused their aim to falter.

Highmax: "FOR THE SONS OF THE BLOODY AGE!

Splint: "FOR THE FALLEN!"

Nothing but bolt meeting iron armor and being deflected, and then sounds of iron slashing and stabbing into flesh. Then, more goblins were spotted south. I chased the routed crossbowmen and Splint went south towards the swordsmen that awaited her. She slaughtered them with ease. The crossbowmen eluded me, so I went to join Splint and killed the crossbowman providing support and a fleeing wounded goblin. Blood covered the field with snow and stained our clothing and armor, giving a red shine to our gear. I stood over the corpses and Splint knelt down and put her head next to her blade that stood up, blade pointed down. She looked like she was praying. I asked her what she was doing. She looked up and looked angry and cold at the same time.

"Honoring the dead that was slain here. THis is where we found the woodcrafter's body." I noticedthe skeletons that were buried under the snow and there was no mistaking it once I remembered. I honored her by doing the same thing. I did it also for the woodcutter who died as well. And then we heard shouts as another goblin tried to ambush, but alone. We found out it was a diversion as a snatcher was found. I went and enraged myself at him and slaughtered him myself. I took his head and threw it on the ice. His head would rot in the water where he would stay for all eternity, showing the rest of those who dared enter what they would do if they DARED lay a hand on my son.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 29, 2013, 12:25:29 am »

Someone is an (understandable) papa wolf I see.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 29, 2013, 12:26:48 am »

Mama bear got nothing on me! :P Nothing happened really so far since then, other then we're nearly done the roof, meaning sealing time! Also, KARKOV HAS CHOSEN A LOVER: the presser/CMD.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 29, 2013, 12:54:23 am »

Mama bear got nothing on me! :P Nothing happened really so far since then, other then we're nearly done the roof, meaning sealing time! Also, KARKOV HAS CHOSEN A LOVER: the presser/CMD.

Huzzah!  I thought my moody little dwarf would forever be without someone!  I guess it goes to show that if you lock two people in a room long enough, somethin' will happen whether they want it or not :P

Also, it's great to see that the fort's still going and we haven't lost anyone in a while, how are we doing on the military?  How long until we can seal off the fort?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 01:00:39 am by Karkov »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 29, 2013, 01:11:22 am »

Hey, "Dad".  I seem to have been born a strong little cuss.  Can I have my own statue garden to play in?  I promise to keep the statue all clean.... Can I, huh, can I?
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 29, 2013, 01:15:44 am »

Hey, "Dad".  I seem to have been born a strong little cuss.  Can I have my own statue garden to play in?  I promise to keep the statue all clean.... Can I, huh, can I?

Strong, quick to heal, and durable, with no red skills, definitely toppin' out the top of the Gene pool here.  You were also born with some rather amazing hair, I think it's a good omen to the rest of the fort.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 29, 2013, 02:11:32 am »

If we're pumping the peak production, roughly... Two months? We're past thaw because I got too scared for everyone when the snow melted and canceled all jobs leading outside. Nothing fell in again! yay!

I'll make one soon if you want, I got a great room for it (extra noble quarters)

And that's why I said hes gonna grow up and join the army. The sons of all great warriors become better then their parents, dontcha know?

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 29, 2013, 02:17:06 am »

If we're pumping the peak production, roughly... Two months? We're past thaw because I got too scared for everyone when the snow melted and canceled all jobs leading outside. Nothing fell in again! yay!

I'll make one soon if you want, I got a great room for it (extra noble quarters)

And that's why I said hes gonna grow up and join the army. The sons of all great warriors become better then their parents, dontcha know?

A regular Tholthig in the making.  If he even near approaches the legend she was, we shouldn't need to worry at all about enemies. 

One thing about the sealing though, we got a reservoir of water for a well/possible injuries?  The whole thawing thing kinda reminded me. 

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 29, 2013, 09:20:44 am »

A regular Tholthig in the making.  If he even near approaches the legend she was, we shouldn't need to worry at all about enemies. 

One thing about the sealing though, we got a reservoir of water for a well/possible injuries?  The whole thawing thing kinda reminded me.

I discovered underground water sources, like my well, doesn't get affected by freezing. The well has been running for years, since the first days of the fortress when we still got migrants

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #117 on: September 29, 2013, 06:59:25 pm »

Wow this is awesome! Your probably the best DF player I ever seen before! By any chance are their any free Dorfs available?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 29, 2013, 08:28:32 pm »

Wow this is awesome! Your probably the best DF player I ever seen before! By any chance are their any free Dorfs available?

I;m actually not that good. I've seen guys survive Necrothreat with most of their dwarves intact. And un-zombified. But thanks, and yep, theres still ~9 leftover. Any preferences (other then gender since all males are taken)?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 29, 2013, 09:07:13 pm »

14th of Hematite, 132: Preparations for the "Long Slumber"
We decided since we're almost completed the roof of the outpost, we decided we should move everything inside and prepare a large stockpile. Food and meat we have plenty, but wood is an issue. Our woodcutter is going to cut some trees after the roof is completed and fill our stores before we lock ourselves away. We also got all the animals inside since they like to run outside. My wife has been taking regular strolls outside with Timeless Bob as she named him (although many have given him the title of Firstborn). She thinks that seeing the sun before we lock ourselves away will make him happier. I told her he will forget the sun before he's able to walk on his own two feet. She knew it was true but denied it. We've also upped patrol duty, having me and the rest of us stay near the construction paths. The metalcrafter is making leather clothing for us so we're not wearing shambling clothing all the time (although I doubt we'll run out of leather so this could take some time...).

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32